Thursday, October 24, 2019

I Like Thursday #164

at Nick's garden center fall fest last Saturday
Welcome to this week's list of likes!
add poodle wrangling to my resume! at Nick's festival
so cute! at Nicks...again
both kids safe in the buggy at Nicks!
1.I like blue skies and cool temps
2.I like when Milo walks next to me without pulling
3.I like when Milo is off leash he stays with me (mostly)
4.I like Trader Joe's new turkey meatloaf... yummy and quick dinner
5.I like the shows, New Amsterdam, Good Doctor, This is Us, Survivor, and Finding your Roots
6. I like the bbc show "The Supersizers eat"On youtube.... a funny pair take you through food in history
7.I like Jude Devereaux the author, for humor, mystery and romance all mixed together
8.I like listening to a book on disc while sewing on my cute halloween quilt
improv use of cute scraps around the owls, almost finished!
9.I like the books I have from the library
10.I like seeing more and more halloween yard dec around the 'hood


 11.I like painting daily,

pictures of those on Friday, and sewing on Saturday... the halloween quilt that's nearly a finished top is 35" X 52"
It's been a really hard week, and I had to get a grip on my thoughts to remember there were actually things I liked.
997 pound pumpkin... that's a lotta pie

I'll finish with the Ghost tour of Denver Botanic Gardens.

The gardens, Cheeseman park, and a neighborhood were built on the remains of Denver's first cemetery, and people still unearth bones when doing yard work. It's apparently a place spirits like to linger around instead of moving back to Heaven...The tour was fun, spooky in the pitch dark with lots of stories.

Getting this written before yet another storm where we will get rain and sleet topped by 1-3" of snow.
again.
It's October.

Milo's MOments

Hi y'all.... I like everything but a bath, being told wait, and my kibble
This week I survived the torture that my pawrents call bath. Water and soap, blow dryer, brush through my naturally curly hair,
peanuts characters - Google Search
stand still and let Mama touch unmentionable areas with the shaver, listen to scissors. Feet are the worst, and I counted everything and am worried because there was no ear hair plucking or manicures done.... I hope they forgot.

1.I liked chasing off a bunny and a cat inside my fence, the noive!, Wednesday morning!!
2. I saw a couple while we were walking I liked from a distance, so I sat down so Mama couldn't drag me. When they came up  I was very gentle when I petted them. That was fun.
3.I played with my pal Murphy the welsh terrier, and we shared a sourdough waffle his mom made... I think she meant for Mama to have it but we got it and ate the evidence!
I like to eat at the table like a civilized poodle with Mama hand feeding me

Hey! My bowl is empty... that means you got more!
Well, nothing more here... gotta go! toodles, poodles!

Now after chatting to Mama, please visit her friends with their own lists!

http://daybyday12101.blogspot.com/
maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com 
https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/  
craftscaviescontras
https://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/
http://www.piecefulthoughts.com

http://littlepenguinquilts 

https://knittingquilter.blogspot.com/ 
http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com   
not posting this week: 
http://spiralj2.blogspot.com/


linking to
 http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/
rosie and the boys nature pics 
http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/
Thursday Thirteen

23 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

isn't that the bestest time of the year? even when it rains we can find something to do... in worst case we can watch old horror movies ;O)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your fall festival at the garden center is always awesome. I agree I love it when I can take Bobbin out off leash and let her run on the property but she stays near. Your paintings are great. Milo you did not enjoy your spaw day?

Sara said...

The garden center fall festival looked like a fun event. I got a kick out of seeing the dog up on the cart, like he was waiting for a ride. It's been hard to keep a good attitude here this week too - way to much wet grey weather.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You always find the best things at Trader Joe's! I need to shop there more often. You're also finding fun Fall and Halloween decorations! Glad Milo survived the bath and trim!

CountryDew said...

Lots of good things to like in this list. I like Halloween, it is my favorite holiday. I did not understand your comment on the Thursday 13 blog - you posted it on something from 2018 but you obviously found the current page. I don't know what you're concerned about.

sandyland said...

love your doggie so much

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

What a fun post. You have such a cool garden center. That's kinda creepy about building on top of an old cemetery. Sorry bout your weather.Hang in there girl. mary

Sandee said...

What a fun Halloween post. Okay, I got to see Milo too. That's always a plus.

Have a fabulous day. Scritches to Milo. ♥

Molly the Airedale said...

We love everything Autumn too! Mom makes her own turkey meatloaf and it's one of her favorite meals and now you've gone and made her hungry for it☺ She will have to buy the ingredients for it next week at the grocery store. You are such a handsome boy, Milo!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! I love seeing your paintings - I think you are very talented. I love reading about Nick's - it looks like a kid and pet-friendly spot to shop. And finally, I adore Milo. Mama should hand feed you, Milo?!! Okay. You can have that opinion . . . ~smile~ Roseanne

Mary in Boulder said...

Nice photo of you and Milo!

Lisa said...

Poodle wrangling should go at the top of the resume list! Looks like you've been making the most of the Autumn festivals and enjoying lots of decorations. Our week has been less enjoyable. :-(
https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2019/10/24/thankful-thursday-too-close-a-call/

colleen said...

My favorite color is Halloween! My favorite show is Finding Your Roots. I'm a kid when it comes to Holiday decorations. My 13 is here: http://www.looseleafnotes.com/2019/10/the-13-hang-out/

Ron. said...

Fine post. I had a dog once. Delicious!!

MissPat said...

Sorry you had a bad week, but you did find some good in it, too. And the less said about the weather, the better. The fall festival at the nursery looked enjoyable. Milo should be happy that you keep him looking so handsome, better to attract the girls. I liked the sneak peek at the Halloween quilt, cool fabric scraps.
Pat

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Such pretty Halloween and Fall decorations! I can't believe you're already getting snow but that might be normal for your area. It would be very early for New England. I never mind gloomy days. It gives me a reason to stay home and quilt! It's too bad work gets in the way of my quilt plans! Looks like Milo had a great time!

Michelle said...

Snow and sleet already?! Yikes! Nick's looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend.

Shannon said...

Love your sunny pumpkins and blue skies! I'll have to look up jude Deveraux, I'm looking for new light reading for car trips! Your halloween quilt is so cute, I had fun doing Halloweeny piecing too. I listened to a Halloweeny episode of Stuff you missed in history this week about the Paris Catacombs- a really interesting story!

PaintedThread said...

Mmm... Trader Joe's. Great pumpkins and decorations. LOL - Toodles, poodle!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Loads of likes, LeeAnna and Milo. Thanks for always putting a smile on my face as I read your bit, Milo. Can't wait to see that very Halloweeny quilt top too.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Candy corn!! Now there's a Thursday like I can jones on all week long. Yum.

Tamar SB said...

Such fun fall decor!!

piecefulwendy said...

Fun post to read. I'm so sorry about your rough week. It's been a very quiet week here, but some good contemplation while I've been unplugged. Happy to be back and chatting with my friends!