Thursday, June 6, 2019

I LIke Thursday #144

at Denver's Botanical Gardens
Welcome to this week's list of "likes"
I like a fresh flower bouquet and loved the mix of purple Iris and yellow carnations.
The Iris are in bloom at the botanic gardens right now. So many gorgeous colors.

I liked that my friend Pat sent pics of her iris and then I painted them. Fun! It's challenging to capture the essence of a flower especially white sections. The  painting colors are more delicate in person.

I liked getting the orange flower girl ready to be quilted, so she will be done soon. I painted some flower girls in all the scrap colors so I hope to make them in fabric soon. Pics tomorrow!

 I Love the book The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. One of our library staff recommended it. The story line is intriguing and the writing lyrical.

I like the sun. It has rained daily for weeks here, not all day but sometime during the day.


I like finally being able to plant the vegetables... I think, I HOPE there is no more snow this summer!
We got these raised bed boxes from Lowes... they have a platform in them, and you add water via the tube and it wicks up to keep the vege hydrated. This box holds a white eggplant, a ichiban eggplant, lima beans and bush beans. I like the red wire trellis thaat folds around three sides of the box. The beans are already holding onto it. We also planted a zucchini (in the pot there) and in the other box, a tomato, basil, parsley, and bell pepper. We'll see how it goes.

I like fresh vegetables!

And the little individual servings of tapioca pudding, for dessert.

a different black and white cow!
I like cows... contestants on the Amazing Race this week had to decorate a real cow with flowers and lead her along a path.
lucky them!
I like sharing a book with my husband, reading aloud on the back porch after work. 

Milo's Moments
what!
Mama is calling me a first responder lately. I have to be first. First on a walk, first to get to a friend's house, first one to catch the toy, first one to respond when another dog barks, first one always.
That's what I want.... but lately Mama is making me wait. Wait to go outside, wait til she wrenches my toy out of my mouth, wait to get my leash on.
I hate wait.
I am a first responder  why can't she get that ?

Now sit! Stay! visit Mama's friends keeping it paw-sitive this week!

www.sewyouquilt2.com

maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com  

https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/ 
http://homesewnbyus
 

http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com  

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/ 

http://sandysnowden.blogspot.com/

https://quiltingreadersgarden.blogspot.com/
https://www.su-sieeemac.com/2019/06/another-random-13.html 
https://knittingquilter.blogspot.com/  
http://sonotorganized.com/   
http://minousminute.blogspot.com

Linking to these parties!
http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/

https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/
 http://backroadstraveller.blogspot.com/
rosie and the boys nature pics  

Thankful Thursdays pet parade

http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/

28 comments:

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Great list - I love all your flowers both in the garden and on paper.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Aww, that's a sweet shot of Milo. He's a good boy! I love that striped cow, and those yellow and purple flowers together. One of my favorite color combination. Love these likes. ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like your photo of the iris - they are really pretty right now! Kate Morton is one of my favorite authors! She weaves quite a story together. Glad your vegetable garden boxes are working well. Fresh garden vegetables are so good!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

Flowers always make me happy! Your watercolors are looking great!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your flower paintings! I included a little sketch in my post today. I'm still enjoying sketching and painting! Have a fabulous Thursday!

Catscue Cat Mom said...

Milo, you're looking fine today! Love the floral paintings and the zebracow.

Sandra Walker said...

Wonderful likes - we had raised beds for a few years in Alberta and they got dehyrdated so quickly so this sounds like the perfect solution! Love your paintings and the painted cow, and oh yes on the love for fresh veggies, especially those you've grown yourself!

Suzanne said...

I love Iris...you painting is beautiful.

MissPat said...

Yay! So much fun to see my iris translated onto paper. They last so much longer that way.
Pat

Julierose said...

Love the irises--and your paintings are so pretty...those raised boxes look like a great idea...hope your crop will be bountiful..hugs, Julierose

Brian's Home Blog said...

Pretty flowers and hooray for fresh veggies. Yes, Milo, you were born to be a first responder! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

sewyouquilt2 said...

Love all your flowers planted, painted and ploped in a vase. Raised boxes look like an interesting concept. Great likes

Tails Around the Ranch said...

The Japanese Garden at DBC is so peaceful and restorative. I make it a point to visit every time I go. It makes it so easy to stop, contemplate and meditate about all the beauty there. Good luck with your veggie garden!

PaintedThread said...

That cow. LOL. Pretty flowers. Good luck with the veggies - that container looks neat.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

LA, What a sweet children's book your story about Milo the First Responder would be!
The Husband wants us to read aloud to each other, but we have yet to find the right story and moment to start us off. I know it's a matter of time.
I love the iris colors, both in life and your paintings. Now that I'm playing with paint I'm paying attention to which colors pop out at me. Ciao, Bella.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great likes. Love the Iris and the paintings. The cows are awesome.

easyweimaraner said...

super how you banned the iris on your paper... well done ;O)

Scrapatches said...

Good Friday Morning, LeeAnna, beautiful flowers and fabric flowers. My hubby is using the same kind of planting beds from Lowe's, I think, for his driveway garden. He found the net covers somewhere else ... probably amazon. Give Milo a rub behind the ears from me. Thank you for hosting ... :-) Pat

Michele McLaughlin said...

Milo, your sister is a first responder too! Must run in the gene pool....Lovely flowers, lovely paintings! So pretty!!!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I thought I had read that book but can't find it in my history at the library so I'm on hold to read it again. I love your Iris paintings.

Christine said...

Your flower art is pretty!

DVArtist said...

Great flowers. I like your painted flowers best. I want that zebra cow in my yard. Have a great weekend

WFT Nobby said...

What a great list of likes. I LOVE those irises. But being told to WAIT? Not so much.
Toodle pip!
Bertie.

Kaja said...

A garden visit is one of my favourite things for a day out. Love those iris, real and painted and the cow..!

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Wonderful likes...and so much beautiful color!!

Beth Niquette said...

Your flower paintings are wonderful! I also adore your photos.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely likes as always. Irises are my favourites and I have a couple patches in bloom now. You did well to capture them in paint. The furls are difficult. Milo sounds like our Murphy. She too is the house leader, first everywhere and why Rex (and us) let her alone with it, I don't know!

Amy said...

What a cool poodle!
Love the flowers you painted!!