Friday, February 26, 2016
Another UFO saves me from cleaning up...
Of course as I started to sort the piles, I ran across a UFO... so I dropped everything in the creative questioning... what could I make with this??
I also hand sewed some little seed beads to the centers of the hexies, making them look like clouds or little pillows to me.
The whole thing has sort of a dreamy feel...
The words say, The journey is never truly over It just changed course.
I drew in little circles next to the stamp, then last night added golden beads which add sparkle and dimension.
The gold thread is YLI metallic, free motion spirals down the side and around the sun.
The sun fabric was a scrap from one I hand penciled and used in another large piece. I couldn't bear to throw away the smallest piece! So here it is again!
I love how the delicate gold beads look circling the sun.
and on this one. See the beads?
You can see the black ribbon, and the green threads here. I put the black one first. Then went back and put a row of the green. I will use that again.
What did I learn?
1. not everything I sew has to be used... maybe this little blue center could have been a greeting card, but it didn't. I listened to my creative side and put different elements into the one piece.
2. I developed another edge treatment to show in my workshops.
3. The blue strips were about 1" X 3". Certainly worthy of throwing away, but I didn't.
4. Go ahead and keep elements, but keep them together and see what might work together.
5. Sometimes you don't know what you have til you stand back. When I stand back I see the word IF
created by the banner and the bird!!! couldn't have planned that
6. I am ready to return to sorting now... got that out of my system!