Thursday, March 2, 2023

I Like Thursday # 339 talk about your studio

 

Welcome to this week's short list of likes... starting with our prompt, what do you like about your studio or whatever you call the place you create art.  Do you wish it was different or want to change it?

When we moved in this nice house, I thought, but the studio rooms are so leetle !!! 

and they are, the one on the left is 12X12' (might be smaller as I used my feet to decide) and the one on the right, or Studio One is about 11' X 13" but also has a walk in closet. I quickly decided this would work for me! 

made Peeps in the studio last week!
 

I use Studio one to actually work, and Studio 2 (Milo's perch) is for supplies like fabrics UFO's and extras. Studio one's closet holds my scrap bins all threads, beads, fabric paints, and stabilizers. It's my happy place! The place that holds my what ifs. I might like it slightly larger but think that wall between the rooms allows me to add more storage , and as crafters know, we like our stuff. I'd like to figure out the lighting, as there is one window in each room so light is skewed. Plus it's so bright here I have to keep the blinds closed most of the time. 

what do I like about this space? First of all it's mine. It's got happy colors, quilts and paintings on the walls and shelves, it's got a cute old timey clock which I mostly ignore, it has a cutting table that's high, it has a sewing table holding my beloved Bernina 1630, it has a design wall I made with poster board and felt, and I can go to all areas with only about 3 steps! 

Fine Dining

French toast made with egg whites, milk or cream, vanilla and a spoon of brown sugar, dip stale bread in and saute in butter. Real maple syrup tops it. So good we all love it!

Cabbage soup on cold days! This is the start of it, and I tried a new to me recipe sent by my good friend Diane (a fellow poodle person) I am not including the recipe as we didn't love it. I grew up with cabbage soup but this is not good despite having all good ingredients. I don't know what happens... but we'll eat it. We've been eating it at lunch each day. 

Reading

On audio.... Ellery Adams has combined two series in this one! Both mysteries, this one set in VA.

 

and how exciting the next issue of Her Royal Spyness is in my ebook reader! Had to put the one I've been reading but own, on hold to rush to read this before the library snatches it back

watching on TV

Well, Survivor is back, yea!! I also like "A million little things", "the good doctor", all the housewives of Bravo, am suffering through the train wreck of a Bachelor this season (where do they find these guys? ) we finished last season of The Crown, (sadly) and are watching The Way Home on Hallmark, so good. Luckily I have some taped shows to see, like "who do you think you are" and "Miss Scarlet and the Duke" as All Creatures is done for the year. wah

Milo's moment

Milo: sorry about the butt shot. Mama tried to get me up but I have a badly injured foot and need my rest. What happened you ask? Daddy nearly cut my toe off when he tried to trim my nails and it's still very bad. 

Mama put a bandage on it, and since it's so muddy outside I have to wear that dang boot over the bandage. 

Mama: and the fact that you worry the wound if it's uncovered, and it reopens if it gets bumped

Milo: HEY! This is my turn! you had your turn, so I have a little more whining to do here! I want to play and go for long walks, and am not allowed. So I might as well sleep, see you all next time.

now sit, stay, go see what Mama's friends have to say!

https://wordweaverart.blogspot.com/




20 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we love the toast... and we send lots of healing hugs to you dear Milo

Helen said...

I love getting to peek into the creative spaces of others! And you have two!!!
Yes, we do "love our stuff." We're always trying to use up what we have... but it never seems to be less.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Happy birthday Milo and get well soon! Loved seeing your studio! Sending hugs!

Sara said...

Poor Milo! Hope his foot heals quickly so he run and play.

My creative space - I have a love/hate relationship with it. But I do spend a LOT of time there. It's a nice big room with a huge closet to store fabric and supplies. And I have lots of bright happy art and quilts hanging there. But the lighting is terrible - and my husband thinks more lamps are the solution. So he says no when I bring up installing different lighting, because since it's actually a basement bedroom he doesn't want to ruin the resale value. Sigh!!!!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

So sad for Milo. Prayers for good healing.
"A Million Little Things! " I missed the start of the season. Scarlet and Duke, nit plrased with another end of season cliff hanger will they or won't they get together. Both are strong enough characters to be more dynamic married than apart. Apart is a stupid. Some writers take Jane Austin's torture routine too far.
Your studio space sounds perfect!
My create space is an under there somewhere style.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love the light in your studios! And a closet would be great for hiding away the clutter, too. That's something my space is lacking. Hoping Milo's foot heals up quickly so he can go for walks again! Happy Thursday!

Kathleen said...

Our studios are the best. Mine is small, 10 x 10 and a little office in small guest room (twin bed only). I am glad some of the shows are back...less and less each season so I look for new ones. I finally am back to law and order and some of its offshotts (SVU and organized crime) after all these years of it. Hope Milo recovers....we did use the nail grinder on Percy and found that pretty agreeable...and if you get the dremel one you can use other dremel bits on it.

Cloudia said...

I love your space for art, and Milo of course!


https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2023/03/a-smile.html?m=0

Susie H said...

Poor Milo and his wounded tootsie. I'm sure he'll live though, even if he wants to milk the sympathy a couple more days. Ha! I say YIPPEE to the return of Survivor too!!!!

Angela said...

Oh, poor Milo!

Brian's Home Blog said...

It's cool to have such a nice studio that works for you. The food does look great. Our Dad makes a cabbage roll soup each winner, they really like it. Milo, ouch pal. I hope that foot is all better before you know it. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

PaintedThread said...

French toast and bananas go together so nicely! Did you see? Sanditon is coming back for a third season soon. Poor Milo - nail trimming is never fun. My piggies agree!

The Joyful Quilter said...

You're SEW lucky that your extra storage is right next door! I have to go to the other end of the house for mine. Sorry to hear about the soup and Milo's toe. :o((

Annie said...

Awwww poor Milo.....I hope his foot soon heals.
I love your creative spaces. What do I love about mine?...
I designed it so my 5 sewing machines, 2 overlockers and embellishing machine all go where I can use them.
I have a double wardrobe floor to ceiling that I use for storage and 12 boxes in the storage unit for my fabrics.
I have a set of drawers for my threads and other stash.
But mostly I love the door to the room so I can make a mess and shut it away without always needing to hoover 😂😂😂
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

You are indeed lucky to have such a lovely space(s) to work in. I use one of our bedrooms which isn't needed, so there is a wardrobe holding my change of season clothes, but otherwise the room is filled on all the walls with "Really useful boxes" in their proper storage units, except for my two desks - one for the computer, printer and cutting machines, and one for paper crafting on. I have decorations on the plain spaces above my desks, either made by me, or sent by friends. I love my space and consider myself very fortunate to have it.
Poor Milo. I hope his foot recovers quickly. My Kim had an injured claw and ended up having the nail-bed removed because he wouldn't leave it alone so it didn't heal. Hopefully Milo will do better. Kate x

Fairytales and Fitness said...

Too bad you didn't like the cabbage soup. I found a new recipe this week for a spinach and bean soup and it was only alright too but it was so easy to make..lol

Lisca said...

Lovely to see your craft room(s). And so much light! That can only be good.
Rhys Bowen writes good books, although I don't know this one.
Oh poor Milo! I hope it heals soon.
Have a nice weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love the Peeps! It's so neat that you are using 2 rooms! I have a lot of light in my room too and that is just the best! I hope Milo is better soon!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My apologies for not visiting sooner. I had planned to leave Annie a comment before I left town, but because she didn't post at the time she normally does, I was forced to leave before I could link. When I got to my destination, I called my foodie friend Sally, who linked me. I had to leave right away because I have an out of town friend who is on hospice and I was informed if I wanted to say good bye, I should spend time with my dying friend, I just returned this morning.

I call my entire house a craft space. I crafgt in every room except the living/dining area, which is where I take all my photos. I guess I'm spoiled because I don't have to share with anyone. Even the cats aren't allowed in most rooms because of their fur, dander, and hairballs.

POOR Milo. I feel for him. There is an electric animal clipper alternative that each claw fits in, one at at time and the nail is gently ground down to a certain point. Might be worth looking into for Milo. I think it runs on batteries with its own charger.

Hope you had a great weekend, dear LeeAnna.



Ila said...

Thank you so much for posting! You do such interesting things! I really appreciate the book recommendations - and I have one for you in return :-) Have you read anything by Hallie Ephron? Hoopla has a number of them as audiobooks and I'm enjoying them so I thought I'd share.