Friday, April 29, 2022

Friday Writings "Landscapes"


Today I am here to share my words and thoughts... the new to me link party for writers offered us a prompt of the word "landscapes" The above image is from my sketchbook, a lesson to remember a place in photos, paintings and words. 

the landscape within...

not visible to others, not even to the individual always, is our internal landscape.

it's said what we see is often what we look for... or look at. I see patterns and shapes in tree trunks because I look at them. My husband sees a tree, because his focus is different.

who is right?

how we view the space around our lives is as individual as fingerprints or snowflakes. 

I grew up looking at the beach landscape but remember staying each summer in the appalachians and being struck by the gentle view change of seeing distant mountains with clouds circling them like necklaces. As a child my world view expanded with the excitement that there was so much to see.

We are affected by our views and must never forget a world view can change with a shift in perspective, sometimes just a move across the country or around the room. I learned this from painting what I see.

so how can we as humans communicate with each other when we see differently?

different views can enlarge our worlds... my husband is entranced often by what I see and point out to him because he missed it. My world view expands when I am shown a new way to see something, or a solution I never thought of...

we need to communicate with each other, since we live so closely,   we need to find common ways of seeing.  Maybe just knowing we all see things differently will bring about a respect of this individuality and with that peace.

linking with  https://poetsandstorytellersunited.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Penelope Notes said...

Yes, we all have inner landscapes that make us see the world differently. That is what makes it all more interesting. However, we also need a strong sense of commonality in order to clean up our one world.

Debi Swim said...

"Maybe just knowing we all see things differently will bring about a respect of this individuality and with that peace." I agree. I don't think one is right and one is wrong just different viewpoints that fill in the spaces.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely words in a lovely post, LeeAnna.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Welcome to Poets and Storytellers United! I hope we see you again. I love your reflections about landscape, external and internal, and enjoyed the peek at your sketchbook too. Yes, communication is crucial – and doing it through art can be wonderful.

Marja said...

Love your take on the prompt and your philosophical post. Yes it is all a matter of perception. I always interesting to explore people and find there is always common ground and from this safe place you can explore the differences between you.

Thotpurge said...

how we view the space around our lives is as individual as fingerprints or snowflakes. - this is so true.. and you're right about how that should expand our vision not divide us.

Brother Ollie said...

Community is vital. Wise words.

Helen said...

Jim, I thoroughly enjoyed each image, every word. I, too, see things in people, places and things that others don't. Good to know I am keeping fine company.

Gillena Cox said...

Luv the beach landscape.
Remember to link up also to Art For Fun Friday at Lunch Break

Much💛love

Margaret said...

listening, respecting, enjoying other's perspectives is truly enriching - it doesn't mean we have to change - just understand (or trying to) hurts no one. it is a lesson many never learn.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Your last line, LA, ties it all beautifully for me.