Saturday, April 23, 2022

creativity round up for the week Mixed Media!

 

 Welcome to this week's creativity round up! I've spent creative time drawing, painting, learning via youtube videos, and sewing.  The color pink stood out this week in all areas. 

 Rainbow Scrap challenge  this month is using pink.  I wanted to not only play with scraps but do the table scraps challenge for next week, I started with getting out my stamps and ink to include the word peace... full pic and details of that next week but it is finished, and hanging in the family room

More sewing with scraps caused me to build this piece little bit by little frayed bit

to continue my love affair with improv geese, then I included this strip of tiny scraps made earlier... I'm liking it... the name strips and squares is in my mind


see how small the strips are?

I love the serendipity of putting fabric to fabric and what it makes...

So I added it in, with some other sewn bits including the small print on the bottom right. 

It is a digital print of one of my paintings, tiny thumbnails printed on fabric and pieced into a component to use

I'm liking how this is growing! All from scraps. I see it going on my bed table. Stay tuned!

I finished my spring banner except for binding... and LOVE it, showing that next week y'all as it was initially started for my table scraps challenge using a word...

pink scraps formed the letters

I finished one audio book and started another this week while creating

I've been interested in the application of zentangles and doodled these from a video onto my calendar

I like the strong graphics. I love botanicals so I thought I might paint a flower then draw these kinds of lines all over them

in pinks...just in the sketchbook not on watercolor paper, I was still able to practice layering, transparency, capturing a delicate overlay of petals...

I doodled over the green area
I loved the delicacy of colors but added in just a hint of watercolor pencil to define them... see?


adding a delicate pencil line to imply a stem

I tried to make myself add in lines, but only got so far as a hint of yellow and some watercolor pencil

Then I liked them all so much I stopped. It's a sketchbook, a place to experiment, learn and try out ideas... I dated it and turned the page...

I watched the following video and was stunned by the artist's technique of sewing on real leaves. I'm not really considering doing that exactly but her joining stitches were wonderful, so I sketched them to remember, and thought about how I'd use them in my work... yes it all goes together doesn't it? Each idea, each technique learned, each medium tried... if you think what if... it can merge into your own unique work

I have been creating for years and not much astounds me but this did...

this show is on youtube

"meet the artist" by Arnold's Attic,   is #41 in series so I have lots more to go see.... how exciting!

this artist's website is https://www.hillarywfayle.com/
 

I'll tie this up with a background painted this week... in aqua and pink and golden yellow with white dots across it... time will tell if I have the nerve to draw over it! Maybe I'll do something completely ot of the box, what do you think?


linking with

patchwork Sunday                    
oh Scrap Sundays

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays 

off the wall Fridays 

finished or not

14 comments:

Sara said...

That little glimpse of your spring quilt has me looking forward to seeing more. You were really productive this week with pink, and your improv pieces always end up so cute!!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

I love your tiny scraps piece, and seeing how it evolved. Very cool! Pink is definitely pretty and sweet and calmingly joyful. Cheers, LA!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fun to see what you're doing with all that happy pink! The improv geese are my favorite - I should try those sometime. Even if we aren't getting spring-like weather today - it looks like spring in your studio!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's a whole lot of pretty in pink!

sonja said...

"I love the serendipity of putting fabric to fabric and what it makes."..what you just said! me 2 !!
all the pinkly adventures make me smile,i applaud your ventures in paint and cloth LA.

Susie H said...

What a beautiful pink flower you've painted. I love it. It's soft & so real.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Nice pink scraps! I love the improv piece.

grammajudyb said...

It certainly is Spring in your studio! I needed that breath of loveliness! I echo Diann, I need to try improv geese!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Looking forward to seeing what you've done for your TABLE SCRAPS entry, LeeAnna! I'm surprised by how much you added to the PINK flying geese. You were busy since Wednesday!!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

All these pink blocks are lovely together, I love how the project is growing with new additions!
Thank you for sharing your making of, and linking up!

Sandy said...

I am not generally a pink person, but LOVE all those pinks together. Anxious to see this piece grow. You're making wonderful use of scraps. I've considered doing that with my yarn from time to time, but then I moan when I think about tucking that many loose ends in, so I've not done it. The word Peace is such a good word to work with. Wouldn't it be lovely if we could experience it.
Sandy's Space

Sandy Panagos said...

You have had a creative week, haven't you? Such great projects!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Fun glimpses of projects complete and to come! Such eye candy. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Oh, I really enjoyed this post! So much beauty my friend!