Thursday, April 7, 2022

i like Thursday # 291

 

welcome to this week's list of likes... starting with my love of art and sewing. I painted this strip a while back, but pulled it out this week to go on a spring banner. More on this later

 

sewing: 


 more painting on fabric, and a new collage put together by machine and handwork which I'll show Saturday...

Reading:

Just finished a fabulous audio book... the story takes you on a trip through France to the US and back, is a mystery on several levels covers three generations and explores relationships. I loved it

 

Still finishing up but dragging my feet as it's so enjoyable... laughing, crying, loving this story

 

next week I'll have a change of reading material as I finished one of these and only have 10 more pages on the other

I love pets and this meme seen online this week... Milo are you watching?

Milo: lalalalalala I can't hear you Mama
 loved this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8UuDXA3HNw

Ahhhh Sketchbook Revival... I'm doing my best to see all the videos and do all the lessons... I'm REALLY happy to report I'm using my supplies... so many I haven't been brave enough to try til now. 

I will share a couple of the lessons here today... more later as it's picture heavy

paint blobs....

add details with pens

I love their whimsy
this lesson was sketching with graphite (pencil) and adding gold metallic paint
 
this one is in sketchbook on thin paper
I'm kind of insecure about just using pencil... like I must add color or I feel it's not shadowed enough

I love the next one on watercolor paper...

One thing learned was to scribble on the background, which adds interesting texture

Another thing learned was that my golden paint, (finetec) must have a drop of water put on in the pan to reconstitute the paint about 5 minutes before using. I was going too fast and it came out transparent but this is LOVELY. I also like the black and white of using pencil

really look at colors in flowers, then go wild!


 

Milo's Moment

just watching the world go by.... I like that I survived another torture session where parts of me are cut off

Mama: MILO! It's just a haircut! 

Milo: and a bath, cutting toenails, digging around in my ears, standing still for hours...

Mama: stop that! you get lots of breaks to run around and pets and treats and feel good, and look better

Milo: heh heh, I do like being clean and all the treats and having my bedding washed... I also like that it has been cooler the last few days, and I get cake sometimes. 

Mama: that's because it's oat flour not wheat, and bananas and sugar. 

Milo: bananas! ewwwww, well you hid them well under the sugar! 

now visit these people to see their lists...

craftscaviescontras  
 
                                                                  LINKING WITH 


 




 

24 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

yes... we need to create more happiness ... that's a good motto. we aree with te phone-mom..totally ;O)

grammajudyb said...

I wonder what your banner will be? I am really enjoying the art you are sharing! So creative. Love your conversations with Milo! He's a clever dog! (ooh, don't tell him I called him a dog!!). LOL

Sara said...

As always - your botanical drawings/paintings are my favorite. But there was this one little cat in that sketchbook . . . so cute! And I had just downloaded the Picasso book, and look forward to reading it.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What fun going on in your studio, LeeAnna!!! I watched many of the Sketchbook Revival videos, but very little has come from them yet. Your pieces are so inspiring!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I love your creativity, and your ability to find such great tutorials. Um do they have something about mom on phone, no squeaky toy? LOL Milo I am glad you have found your perfect temperatures and are happy.

Scrapatches said...

Beautiful painting and projects! The books look interesting. Thank you for sharing I Like Thursday ... :) Pat

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your birds with paint and pen! Those books sound good - will have to put them on my list. Milo, everyone needs to go to the salon once in awhile!

Sandee said...

Spreading happiness is a wonderful thing. It's always good to see Milo too.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches to Milo. ♥

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Your painting/sketches are so inspirational. As soon as some semblance of order is restore in the studio, I hope to get back to painting. I'm missing working on greeting cards and my supply of cards is getting low and must be replenished before the birthday season begins!

Rebecca Jo said...

Your art is just inspiring!

Kathe W. said...

Your paintings are lovely! Have a great day!

piecefulwendy said...

Fun to read your post and see all the lovely creative work you are doing, LeeAnna. I love those flowers, and I'm curious about that spring banner! Hiya, Milo!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your art is sure pretty and I like those paint blobs, very cool. Milo, I'll bet you feel better all clean and fancy free. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Thank you so much for encouraging us to find the goodness and light in every day. Gosh, that dog meme is so funny! Both were sitting so nicely, listening carefully to what Mom was teaching them. And that video of pets!! Too funny. I love, Love, LOVE your flower paintings especially the mums. They look so lifelike. Great job! Aww, I'll bet Milo look so handsome and he's all ready for Spring! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your fabric mosaic! I have had fun this week making a junk journal with a quilted cover. Love the pretty flowers you've painted too. Enjoy your evening! Hugs, Diane

PaintedThread said...

That gold paint is amazing. Love your flowers, too.

Angie said...

LeeAnna - love the whimsical animals and the pretty flowers. I will have to check out the Sketchbook Revival series. Have a good weekend!

Michele Morin said...

I really appreciate the way you are nurturing your creativity!

Annie said...

I’m loving your painting and sewing and Milo never fails to make me smile.
Hugs,
Annie x

Kathleen said...

You sure do create happiness...in your studio and on your blog. Milo should not talk to Percy as we were able to schedule a groom for tomorrow..he looks like a muppet!

Donna Reidland said...

Your art made me think of my mom. I still have one of her sketch pads from when she was younger.

riitta k said...

I loved the way you created the paint blobs into cute birds and a cat 💕 It’s still very grey here but I love to listen audiobooks, too. Happy Sunday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting. Been offline, but not by choice. I so love the paintings you are doing. Still haven't seen a single video yet. I know I don't have much longer.

LOVED Milo's moments. He's such a sweet and now very clean fellow.

Michelle said...

I love the paint blobs. A great exercise in creativity. Thanks for linking up!