Thursday, April 28, 2022

I Like Thursday # 294

 

Welcome to this week's list of likes. The painting is one of mine, from a class with Tamara La Porte

I included a quote from a poem by Amber Kuileimailani who is offering a free 5 day workshop starting in May. The gist of the poem was life is hard, when it's too much let God hold what's too big.

I love female faces anyway, but here is another done during the Tamara lesson

here is my initial drawing

 we were to pick two colors to work with, and let her be whimsical,  and this is my finished painting just on sketchbook paper. I want to do another on watercolor paper

One of Tamara's quotes

yessssss   and she is so pretty...

we are to include symbols important to us, words like "hope" and "brave" remind me how I want to be

I include a few drawings and paintings as this kind of creative time filled my week and I love it. I have a birthday coming up and made an order to Dick Blick art supplies for DH to get for me. New art supplies are so exciting. So much to do and learn in life, if I can keep my spirits up. 

I loved my FT bee with Cindy this week, we talked about everything! and loved my zoom time with Joy as always since she is such a good friend and the time flies by! Love y'all

I've been watching videos on Zentangle inspired art... and this video makes it so easy


there is a zen stitching workshop (Schedule) beginning in May that I will take, along with two friends also taking it so we can compare notes. Looking forward to the classes. Not offered for long, 24 hours but still.

 I'll also take another creative spiritual workshop with Amber K the same week (Click here to join me)

 this video in it's entirety was so important to me in my search for my life meaning this week...

Julia Cameron and Elizabeth Gilbert on remaining creative and self acceptance. One of my fave quotes is perfectionism is just fear in high heels and a mink, being fancy. 

Thanks to Susie mac I now know of a writer's link party with prompts, on Fridays so I can share my stories again!

We had a short break from heat this weekend and I baked an oat flour/banana cake with cream cheese icing, and a blueberry cake, a quiche (gone now)

I turned in several books because they made me upset with their talk of post civil war racism, and the other is by a wonderful author but the content was about being married to mobsters. Injustice makes me cry... so back to the library they went. I moved on to a more soothing audio book

 

and ebook at night (still)

watching American Idol on TV, New Amsterdam, The good doctor, Murdoch Mysteries, Midwives and Sanditon on PBS, and I'm trying to watch Bravo but the housewives are too much. 

Milo's Moment


 I like that Mama comes out to watch me when I have to do business out back,  cause I get scared alone. I like banana cake and having my own piece at night too.
I'm happy my new chicken now has only one wing and no legs so she won't fly away.

see? she could get away when she had legs!

Please visit these people to see what they liked this week! If you write about your likes let me know to include your link!

https://www.mmmquilts.com/ 

craftscaviescontras  
 
                                                                  LINKING WITH 
friday bliss


 

 


14 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we love the quotes... they are really really good! and we love something with blueberries... you insired us to the little berries what give our tongues a blue color LOL

Sara said...

Excellent quote choice! Taking online classes with a friend sounds like an awesome plan. I miss face-to-face workshops - on any topic, but particularly creative workshops.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad you're finding so much joy in painting again! The quiche looks yummy - I should make one as I am craving it lately. Milo looks quite proud of himself for keeping his new toy grounded!

Sandee said...

I wish I could draw.

I ate a piece of that pie.

It's always wonderful to see Milo.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches to Milo. ♥

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Wow! You've included so many neat links that I would like to check out. I'm busy doing my junk journals but I like to include quotes and wish I was brave enough to include some art! Enjoy your day!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love seeing your drawings. I wish I could draw but it's just not in me! Thank you for all the great links! I just made a paleo quiche yesterday! No crust and no cheese but still good!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great drawings, and paintings. Your baking sounds yummy, isn't it fun to try new recipes? While I hate social injustice, there are times I think it is important to acknowledge it, even though it isn't pretty. I think the important thing is to look at it through the eyes of the times, and know that it isn't right. Reading the Leatherstocking tales is an eye opener.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! I'm so glad you are finding comfort in your art and painting. And Milo! You have taken care of that chicken, haven't you?! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

The Joyful Quilter said...

Pretty paintings, great quotes, and oh-SEW-lovely to spend time with, LeeAnna!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm a fool and a sucker because I still haven't seen a single video of the sketchbook project. I only have a day so I will be binging today, I'm sure. BUT, having said that, I also signed up for the sewing course that you are taking. I know Liz Kettle and have exchanged art with her, so that clinched it for me. Thanks for making it even more difficult to get away from the computer (grin).

Milo has finally done his best on that chicken. Love how sweet he is, though. Have a super weekend, LeeAnna.

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
New comment programme on your blog ! Seems to wrk :)
Love to see your drawings and other creative stuff :)
hugs, take care,
Joanne

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Painting is wonderful...what a creative endeavor! So you've had heat...we are still cold overnight. I have to be careful of subject matter in what I read these days. Actually not even reading the news.

riitta k said...

You have painted really pretty faces! Here we have still night frosts but the days are sunny, yet cool. Wishing you a good start to May!

PaintedThread said...

Pretty paintings. That quiche looks good. Milo! I'm surprised the chicken has lasted as long as it has! lol