Saturday, April 16, 2022

creativity round up Happy Easter/Spring!

 

Happy Easter/spring y'all! 

For sewing this week, I have two things to share, Bunny and a sketchbook cover both  finished! 

Last week I showed my twinkle blocks, but I might not have shared that I made tiny 3" pinwheel blocks from the cut off's making the twinkle blocks... they were hanging around on the design wall, when I put my finished hand embroidery up there...and it was a good match!

I was smitten with the whimsical line drawing by J. Steves and wanted to use my pretty embroidery threads... it didn't take long to finish the image, using a couple stitches learned on Sarah Humphrey's video of how to make 5 flowers with two stitches https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cv-gfXsJebM

I sewed the pinwheels to each other, then onto my finished bunny piece, put a strip of hand dye under for balance. Quilted sparsely by machine, so as not to take away from the hand work, and bound in same hand dye

Used some prisma color pencils for blush! For my RSC friends, I used a pink scrap for the background as it had some kind of cool embossed design of flowers, pink scraps made the pinwheel blocks. 

the embroidery design didn't have all those stitches on the dress... I just played with cross stitch for "smocking", and lazy daisy with french knots along the hem.  Chain stitch around dress and a mix of outline and back stitching on the body.
 

 

 Last week I finished the sketchbook cover with hand embroidery too, and this week I quilted it onto stiff peltex  with my cool "painting blobs" fabric to line it. I added in some black and white to define the front.

I sewed on some elastic to hold the folded thick paper to paint on, 



 

and put a cute VW bug on as a closure


I enjoyed this video along the way...


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw2USots87Q
 

 and have more paintings to share later, from my workshop this month with Sketchbook Revival... a teaser is this one done from a photo on my fellow I Like, Angie's blog https://tentoesinthewater.blogspot.com/2022/04/mosaic-monday-172-bolton-abbey.html

while painting this twice, on different papers, I learned so much and that deserves it's own post. As people say, if you can see it you can draw/paint it... Angie's photo had so much detail to see

 

So there was a lot of painting, drawing, sewing and watching creative videos this week... hope yours was full too

Linking to

17 comments:

Lisca said...

Thanks for your kind comment. You mentioned Grenada and exotic. Yes, that would be nice. Grenada is in the Caribbean! No my dear, I meant Granada, which is the capital city in our province ( also called Granada) in southern Spain. I once read in a newspaper that a lady from England saved up to see the Alhambra in Granada. She booked an airline ticket but misspelt Granada and ended up in the Caribbean, where she realizes her mistake. True story. A Granada newspaper later paid for another flight to the right place.
Happy Easter,
Lisca

My name is Erika. said...

I love that quote! I am going to save that one.And I love that bunny too. He is adorable, and perfect for Easter. Have a wonderful Easter and weekend also. Hugs-Erika

Sara said...

Your journal cover is just the best! It's so pretty!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Super sweet bunny, LeeAnna, and I absolutely LOVE how you finished you flow journal!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your little bunny piece is adorable, LeeAnna! Love the sketchbook cover with the poodle on it,too. I haven't tried making a notebook cover, but would like to, one of these days!

MissPat said...

The little bunny is so cute and I love how you enhanced the dress with rainbow flowers. Happy Easter.
Pat

grammajudyb said...

I saw that cute Bunny girlie on Jacquelynne's blog too. You did a great job in embroidering it. So cute! Love your sketch book cover too!! Sew special!

Angie said...

LeeAnna - love the adorable embroidered bunny, especially the smocking on the dress. We will be heading to church soon, and I hope to see some lovely Easter dresses on the girls. Thanks for the shout-out in your post ... maybe I will find some more shots during our current UK trip that you can use for painting inspiration! My daughter and I are considering Sketchbook Revival for our next drawing challenge. We'll see.

Sandy said...

Cute little bunny, and had to laugh about not being a hoarder. Many of us can relate to that for sure with our craft supplies. Happy Easter.
Traveling Suitcase

Tails Around the Ranch said...

That Easter bunny is so gosh darn adorable! 'Hoppy' Easter.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Thanks for sharing your cute little bunny with Oh Scrap! Great way to use up those little triangles.

sonja said...

Lee Anna, your hoppy Easter bunny basket girl is absolutely adorable!

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Your cute bunny made me smile! Delightful!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

This Bunny with its tiny pinwheel is so cute! I love the book covers too. The last Bunny's photo doesn't show on my screen, is it only me?
Thank you for sharing your beautiful work, and linking up!

Kathleen said...

So much eye candy! Love the bunny embroidery and the pinwheels, finished off to perfection. The sketch book and painting is marvelous. You are so creative.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Love that adorable bunny! Your touches of embroidery here and there are perfect for it. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I love your book cover...so cute! My I Like Thursday post
is posted..Havea great day!