Thursday, July 28, 2022

I Like Thursday # 308

 Welcome to this week's list of likes, and I started with a little painting, taught by Diane Antoine on youtube... I filled in words and images into my imaginary neighborhood. After all you're all part of my neighborhood right? 

on with the show...I like wildflowers in pots on the patio...

I like poodles lurking in shade during hot days

I like cold clean cherries washed and ready to snack on...

 I like fresh tomatoes layered with freshly picked minced basil from the garden on a sandwich


I like hand stitching hexigons in complimentary colors, while I watch tv at night

I like TV at night, and lately the things I'm enjoying are mostly reality shows, like bachelorette, Love Island,Big brother, So you think you can dance, Bravo's yachting show down under, America's got Talent, Who do you think you are? (about a celebrity's ancestry ) We love the French show about renovating chateaux. Scripted shows are Brokenwood (NZ) Murdoch Mysteries (Canadian) and others we've mentioned before. 

I watch a fair number of youtube videos during the week, mostly about animals and art

I like cool weather, which we had a slight cooling for a few days bringing it to merely hot

I was in a rendition of Kiss Me Kate while doing community theater... and love the songs... 

like it's "too darn hot"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WS_YAKZH3lw

I finished a few audio books this week, started a couple that I had to just return.... too dismal for me at the moment. One was 

a history of women who went walking...

not returned yet but too dreary for me at the moment is

 

So I landed on listening to the next cupcake murder mystery

 

and I'm reading the next Nantucket book at night:


 The I Like Thursday group is doing another prompt this week, all of us are answering the question, what is your summer "uniform" . What clothes do you like to wear when it's hot?

I never take off the wee diamond necklace I got for a big birthday

Yes, I'm a teensy bit chubby... So I have a big back injury, wear two back braces, and don't like anything pulling on my spine, so comfort and stretch are my friends. In summer I wear shorts and tanks/T-shirts. I have "dressy" shorts and shirts too! I LOVE to shop but not being able to for two years now I make do with pretty shirts I got from Anthropologie, Macy's and hand painted flower tees from art shows...

I used to love wearing sundresses but back in MD we often went to DC so I had a reason. I keep them in case a miracle happens and I can take a vaccine to protect myself. 

I like capri's like the stretchy florals on the far right, and sparkly tanks on the left. I love the recent online Khols purchase of those floral shorts, and the olive green T (it's under my fave mint green T.)

Just having something new was uplifting, know what I mean? And I like a T shirt made for a woman, with short sleeves, a v neck, and flaring out from the waistline a bit. Not surprisingly I like color! 

Milo's Moments

Milo here... I seem to have gotten myself into a tight spot... gotta keep track of those toys!

I've been staying pretty busy lately... eating

sleeping while guarding my toys

Sleeping on a bed of balls


being president of our home's neighborhood watch... see that fence right there? dogs walk RIGHT NEXT to my yard every day! grrrr

and playing "Roll It" with my pawrents... I lie on the other side of the little outside table and roll my ball to the Mama and she has to roll it back when I immediately catch it. I don't know where it's coming from or how fast so it's fun! Then I chew on it just to get it ready to roll again and serve it to them. It's only when they miss it and it rolls behind their chairs when I get double retrieval points!

Well, good to see you hoomans this week... gotta go bark at something! Sit! Stay! visit these nice hoomans who have lists of likes too!

 http://littlepenguinquilts

 craftscaviescontras   

 
                                                                  LINKING WITH 
rosie and the boys nature pics  

 



26 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

I love a lot of this things too... and I would love cherries right now LOL

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I like the neighborhood! Very colorful and fun. And your clothes are pretty too. I wear a lot of bright colors in the summer. And I just had some cherries on my bowl of oats...yumo! Enjoy your day!

grammajudyb said...

You look good in shorts and bright colors! We had cherries last week too! From the Flathead Valley in Montana. Yummy but pricey! Makes us appreciate the good stuff! Glad it’s a tad cooler! Those hot days were brutal!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your tomatoes and cherries look yummy and appealing! I love the look of the hexie project, too - pretty colors. Confort in clothing choices is Number One these days for me, too! Your orange top is a pretty color! Did you guys get the huge rainstorm in the middle if the night last night? We had a crack of thunder at 2 am that shot me right out of bed!

Sara said...

Your summer uniform looks pretty much like mine! Shorts and t-shirts. I like a nice soft shirt. And I'm a little chubby too! I've been avoiding "dismal" books too. My read for this week is Switchboard Soldiers by Jennifer Chiaverini. It's a historical novel set in WWI, about the women who became part of the army's Signal Corps.

And on the fresh tomato topic, we are just beginning to see some show up in the market. We had such a cold spring I'm guessing they got started later than usual. Fresh tomato is one of my FAVORITE things to eat.

Shannon said...

Milo is in good company with Spooky and Blue who are also APPALLED that other dogs walk by their fence. And I too like the Bravo yacht show. I don't get bravo, so I always catch it on airplanes or when I'm staying with people who have bravo. Those yachts are such a radically different experience from anything I've ever seen!

Ann said...

The only things growing here are weeds. Thanks for the book suggestions. I hope you can get out some day soon.

Cloudia said...

Hi Milo! I love your post today. Here's mine

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2022/07/dont-wait.html?m=0

Sherrie said...

Hi,
I like your drawing at the top of your page...so colorful. I also like tomatoes on my
sandwich, I've never used Basil before, I'll have try that out. At the moment I'm
watching Vikings on Peacock. And I'm reading The Rose Garden by Susanna Kearsley. Really
liking this book. Have a great day!

PaulaShort said...

What a wonderful list of likes. Your pup is so sweet too.Blessings.
Visiting from Thankful Thursday #6

R's Rue said...

So much to like. Have a great night. Regine
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your art is pretty darn cute, we like! Ouch on the back thing but you look fabulous. Hey Milo, you're fabulous too pal, keep plenty cool. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

time4stitchn said...

I like your linky Thursday! I was referred to it by HomeSewnbyUs, a fellow Wisconsinite. I enjoyed reading the positivity; we all need more of that in our lives. I still love your paintings and how special they are.

PaintedThread said...

Mmm... cherries. I love your hexies! the colors are all so pretty. Milo looks like he's enjoying the summer.

MissPat said...

Have you watched any of the videos of Joni Mitchell's appearance at the Newport Folk Festival? I saw 'Both sides now" yesterday and it was incredible. Also saw 'Big Yellow Taxi'. Now that was a prophetic tune.
Summer wardrobe is shorts and t-shirts, winter jeans and sweatshirts. I'm recovering from a tooth extraction and finally mostly pain-free and able to eat food that needs to be chewed. Protein shakes only go so far.
Pat

The Joyful Quilter said...

Flowers out back and a really cut top you're wearing, LeeAnna!! Those lightweight tops are my favorite for summer.

Carol Andrews said...

Your flowers are coming along beautifully LeeAnna. Your tomatoes look so yummy! I just picked cherries at the orchard this afternoon. Can’t get better than that! So nice of you to play which ever game Milo likes at the moment. I’m envious of your summer wardrobe! It’s so pretty and colourful! Finally got my post up! It’s been a day. 😳

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You wouldn't want to see what I wear in summer when I'm home with the two fur babies. Let's just say I wear shoes and socks because these are things that take awhile to put on in case of a tornado.

I like your cherries and Milo, too! I like the looks of your tomatoes and fresh basil, too.

Have a suoer weekend, LeeAnna.

My name is Erika. said...

I like your art this week Leeanna. And I like Milo in the shade,cold cherries and your hand stitching too. Back injuries aren't fun and neither are braces. I like sundresses too, but I am self conscious about my flabby arms. I'm just a bit chubby too. I needed clothes for a wedding and a pre-wedding party and being chubby makes me stressed going dress shopping. Luckily I had some in the closet. And when I'm home, I have some bike shorts I ordered from Costco and I wear big old T shirts. Not attractive but comfy. Give Milo a scratch for me. hugs-Erika

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Hot, hot, hot. It's been hot here, too, but today we get a short one-day break. It was 57 this morning at 5:30 am. Just before the sun came up AND, best of all, low humidity. I love capris and t-shirts during the summer. That's my normal work attire! {{Hugs}} a bunch. ~smile~ Roseanne

Scrapatches said...

Wildflowers in pots is a great idea. Now why didn't I think of that? Milo is looking very handsome and you are looking very cool. I am doing I Like Thursday a day late. Due to storms yesterday my computer was off most of the day. Thanks for hosting and prompting ... :) Pat

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

A very happy list of likes! I like your painting with all the sweet details and colors and hexie's in such pretty shades. I am with you on being comfy in the wardrobe dept. I love all your pretty, colorful clothes and wish I had your great legs. Chubby and stubby is my moniker - haha! I like dresses, too, but have no place to wear them anymore. It's too wild and buggy here to leave my legs bare. Being in the play must have been so fun. I don't know how many books I have set aside because they were too depressing! I love memoirs the best, if they are quirky or inspiring. I like the ancestry show, 'Who do you think you are', too. Milo is so cute sleeping on his toys. I love fresh cherries and tomatoes - those are the best this time of year. And peaches. Yum! x K

Danice G said...

All beautiful things and thoughts. It is refreshing to hear about happy and fun things nowadays.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your summer outfits! I have a few sundresses but I rarely wear them. I love your hexagon project! Love the colors! I've been eating so much fruit this summer. I'm really enjoying it. So nice to see Milo enjoying the summer air!

Angie said...

LeeAnna - that's a lovely drawing, especially Milo up there on the left! Our local cherries are ripe now and I will stop at one of the roadside stands soon to buy some! Oh, I am salivating over the fresh tomatoes - still warm from the sun? My summer uniform when out and about are floaty sleeveless dresses. At home - shorts and T's all the way!

riitta k said...

I love your painting, it is cute! Me too just had delicious cherries, yummy. My summer outfit is mainly shorts with top or T-shirt. When I go to town shopping, I put capris on. My colour scheme is restricted: black, white, beige or navy. I don’t feel at home in colour.

My audiobooks have mainly been detective novels, Finnish & Nordic noir this time. Greetings to energetic Milo, too.