Thursday, July 14, 2022

I Like Thursday # 306

 

Welcome to this week's list of likes... 

Land Management

nothing is thriving but some pots of Colorado wildflowers have blooms...

another variety of yellow flower
some are not liking the heat. I planted some bell pepper seeds that now finally have 6 leaves... oy

Not one of the nasturium seeds germinated despite soaking them before planting. 

Thank you to Diann for telling us about Quordle  (doing 4 puzzles at once) and I guess them some times

Reading and listening to the same books as last week

Fine Dining

I made a quick chicken curry salad... 

can of chicken, yogurt, mayo, curry powder, dried cranberries, orange marmalade, celery. 

we had it on a green salad one day, and what was left as sandwiches the next day. 

 One hot day, while sitting on the porch, I decided to make a version of lemonade with our apple cider,  which is very sweet, with freshly squeezed lemon juice and orange flavored sparkle water. Very good and no added sugar. 

painting

still enjoying the index card a day challenge, this one was "scrabble" with the sideways challenge of using mixed media (dh contributed printed music for the tiles) and something from your garden... I love scrabble and play online against the computer. We are still enjoying cribbage in the evenings.

 another index card... but not from a prompt... just because it's a fun size. I painted colors I liked, then wrote over it with posca pen in white, a lovely poem that fits the theme today


sewing

see the purple beads on the flower heads?

 LOTS this week, more details and pics on Saturday but this was beaded this week:The close up photos were on last Saturday's post... I love how it came out

I have designed and worked on a circles quilt, added more silk hexies to the banner, and painted but those pics will have to wait til Saturday.

Watching on TV

TV woke up this week,, with the Bachelorettes, Big Brother, The competition, a couple more new shows, and  the housewives of Dubai. It's fun to see a location so exotic.

Brokenwood is back, we still have episodes of Murdoch Mysteries to see, Hotel Portofino, Offspring, So you think you can dance, Master chef, all providing entertainment as well as diversions.

Watching on Video


in case you weren't aware, it's summer in the US, time to dance at the beach!


 

 I can't take my eyes off these two precious pugs and their baby sistah...love the baby's hairdo

 finally, I like a dog who's feeling better... it relieves my worry a bit...

Milo's Moments


 Hi Y'all... I got lots of peanut butter treats this week 

note from editor mama: we put his pills in sunflower butter, don't tell him

so I'm back running around and eating... speaking of that, I now want to always get my kibble bowl held outside to eat now. Don't ask me why but I don't want to eat inside the house anymore. 

I like getting doggie treats and a bite of cheese in my wishbone toy at night since Mama won't give me a whimzee for some reason right now. 

Mama and Daddy got a noisy machine that makes our bedroom cool now so sleeping is much nicer

now sit, stay and visit mama's friends to read their lists

 http://littlepenguinquilts

 craftscaviescontras   




18 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we have a noisy thing too in our bedroom... but it helps nothing in that heat ...sigh...

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your wildflowers in the pots are pretty! I love Quordle - play it every day - and sometimes I even get all 4 words. :) Glad you're enjoying those ICAD daily prompts, and that Milo is better, too!

Sara said...

The wildflowers are lovely. My geranium isn't blooming right now - possibly due to the heat. But the plant is still looking good. So glad that Milo is feeling better! I'm very bored with summer TV shows and just haven't gotten interested in anything new. But I've been reading some good books - working my way through the Scarpetta series.

Sandee said...

Such beautiful wildflowers. Love the colors.

Milo doesn't want to eat inside? Well he will do as he wishes.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches to handsome Milo. ♥

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your flowers sure are pretty and your art always is! Hey Milo, I'm glad you're running around and having fun!!! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

It is a thankful thing when our loved pet is feeling better. Flowers are so wonderful aren't they. That piece with the greens and purples is so beautiful...you are producing some amazing art lately.

Lea said...

Love the sewing project!
Glad Milo is feeling better!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! I am excited to be visiting everyone today. I apologize for being MIA last week. That's too bad about the nasturtium seeds not germinating. The flowers are edible and taste a bit like radishes. Plus, they are pretty! I can't handle the Qworle with four puzzles. Maybe when I get better at Wordle I can try to tackle that. I'm impressed! I haven't watched any of the Housewives programs but I'm tempted to tune in to see Dubai. It's a place I double I'll ever be able to visit. A friend worked there for several years and then went to Yamin. Another place I don't think I'll be visiting in my lifetime. It's so nice to see that Milo is feeling better and that y'all are able to sleep better. {{Hugs}} a bunch! ~smile~ Roseanne

Carol Andrews said...

Hi Lee Anna. It’s so much fun to read your post. It is as usual filled with so many wonderful creations, show suggestions and such a happy update on Milo! Thank you for so much positive likes!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your artwork and wild flowers are always beautiful to see! Love the piece with the purple fabrics. It looks very inspired by nature. So nice to see Milo is happy and enjoying the summer!

Lisca said...

Your bell pepper seedling look the same as mine. But mine are in a tiny pot. I should be planting it in a bigger environment...
Chicken in a can? I've never heard of that! I do have chicken left over when I roast a chicken. So I divide it and freeze it. And I also make curries with that cooked chicken. I like the idea of your salad with celery and orange marmelade. Sounds yummy. As does the cider.
Your quilt work is gorgeous. You are a very good quilter.
I have not watched the videos yet as I can't seem to find my earphones and Graham is asleep, so I don't want to disturb him really. Will watch later.
I'm so glad Milo is feeling better! Whatever that vet did, seems to be working.
We don't have that noisy machine to make the bedroom cooler. But we do have a silent ceiling fan which we have had to use several times as it is very hot here. It is usually bearable as it is not a humid heat but a dry heat. But some days the nights are very hot and then we can't sleep.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the patchwork quilted piece, gorgeous. Pleased you found a way to get Milo to take his tablets, we normally use Dolcelatte, the dogs love it. I'm late logging in today as we've had a busy day. I almost forgot to go to the hairdressers and then I tried to sort out the puppy insurance and before you know the day has moved on. Have a lovely weekend what ever you choose to do. Hugs, Angela xXx

PaintedThread said...

Peanut butter or sunflower butter is always good! Those peppers will grow up pretty quickly! I had some late starts and they're a lot bigger now! I like your painted postcard and the sewing is so pretty.

MissPat said...

So Milo wants to dine al Fresco. I bet he changes his mind come December. Glad he's doing better. I had a tooth extracted on Monday, so I've been lying low all week and on a soft diet. Boring.
Pat

My name is Erika. said...

I haven't tried quordle, but I do like wordle. I will have to check that website out. And I won't tell Milo you give him sunflower butter. Have you seen the Chewy.com commercial where the dog gets all excited because the peanut butter box has arrived. He makes me smile because he's a big goofy dog. And there's nothing more fun than a goofy dog. I am working on my reply to your email also. I'm trying to give you a complete response, so I'm not ignoring you. Have a great weekend. hugs-Erika

sonja said...

i love love the green and purple quilt! so cool the way those colors you picked simply dance! sonja

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad Milo is feeling better. That is very smile worthy.

The only show we have in common is Hotel Portofino. I don't watch reality shows because I live a reality show!

That is a beautiful quilt. LOVE your ICADs. I'm not doing prompts because I'm not on IG. Have a super weekend LeeAnna.

Susie H said...

Again, love your crocus artwork and the beading is adding a beautiful new dimension. Milo, I like eating al fresco too!