Thursday, March 3, 2022

I Like Thursday # 286

 Welcome to this week's list of likes

Not too much to speak of this week... so I'll start with

I like that the world is now supporting the Ukraine.

I was so impressed with this musician, his knowledge and love of what makes it work. His series is "what makes this song great" and I listened to this on Chicago, my first concert and one of my favorite bands from the  70's.I also heard him dissect a song from the 15th century with lutes. 

song "make me smile..."

our band often played their music as we marched at halftime on  the football field !

reading and listening to same books as last week. 

I like American Idol and it's back. Sanditon is returning on PBS as well as survivor on CBS

I liked that my favorite team won the Amazing Race! Woo hooo!  I needed that after the big brother debacle of "win at any cost" ugliness. Here they are in a funny video that kind of reminds me of me... I also nave FOMS (fear of missing sleep) ( we have hideously loud people living all around our house) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sfVuCdLlEA
 

I sewed a lot this week, and un-sewed, on glamingo finally accepting how it needed to go together. I hope to share my project quilting project tomorrow or Saturday too. 

Fine Dining

I tried a new recipe for banana oat cake and it's much better than the oat blondies. Since DH and DPoodle need to stop eating wheat, we can all appreciate this for dessert. It has a better consistency and taste to us than the blondies although Milo never complained, heh heh

https://hungryhobby.net/banana-oat-flour-cake/



 I now love this youtube channel... an example of "you know me now meet my pets"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gP9hIUnyyeg&list=PLLoPYaJqlcK41R9F7hc5lBPx_2_W9urPV

Milo's Moments

snow melted this week
 well y'all, it's been a week, and I just don't have much to say.  Somehow my people let me get away without grooming last weekend but I'm waiting for the "bone" to drop knowing it's coming. We've taken more walks this week, and I'm leaving peemail all over so that's good. Mama returned to making me pumpkin cookies 

 and banana cake so that's good. Sometimes good enough is good enough, amIright? 

visit these people to read their lists of likes for the week

 

craftscaviescontras  
 
                                                                  LINKING WITH 

rosie and the boys nature pics 

18 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

the pumpkin cookies look super great... that is power food for pups ;O)

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Glad that wheat flour avoidance seems to help Milo. What an interesting video about the music. Glad you had some time to sew, and are experimenting with new recipes.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your recipes look yummy! It HAS been a hard week and I've been hiking and crafting. Showing off some of my junk journals today. Sweet hugs to you both, Diane

Sara said...

The oat cake looks and sounds good. Hope the wheat avoidance helps your DH and Milo. One of my daughter's school friends had a really serious wheat allergy, and I can remember her eating cheerios for breakfast, with water or orange juice on them because she also had a dairy allergy. So many tasty things she couldn't have.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love that teal patchwork with pops of red in your first photo! Glad the oat flour made some tasty goodies for you, too. I haven't tried baking with oat flour yet, but love anything with oats in it. The Ukraine situation is so disturbing - hard to see how this will turn out. Hugs!

Rebecca Jo said...

I usually watch Amazing Race the next day but had to watch the finale last night & was SCREAMING when Kim & Penn won!!!!! I seriously teared up - they are just the cutest couple

Brian's Home Blog said...

Chicago was a really good concert, we enjoyed that sound live. You sure have some yummy goodies and we're glad you're feeling better too Milo! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Stacy said...

D'oh! I forgot about Idol coming back. I hope I can still see the first couple episodes on Hulu. The auditions are my favorite part!

Kathe W. said...

Oh boyo- LOVE your quilt!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! CHICAGO?!!!! I am a huge Chicago fan, and have been since I was old enough to go to concerts. The Amazing Race was its usual amazing self. I was pulling for all the teams, to be honest. Aww, Milo. I'm glad you were able to return to the pumpkin cookies. Mama shouldn't be a hold out, heh?! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

My Tata's Cottage said...

Glad to hear MAilo is better. Diet is so important and sometime we learn in uncomfortable ways. Our youngest son started to have his lips and face swell up. He switched laundry detergent, still no change. He is between jobs so praying he gets insurance so he can have the allergy testing. Lots of greatthings to see here. THANK YOU

Susie H said...

Loved the donkey video. Reminded me so much of my Gracie, especially the part where we can't move until we're 100% OK with the new situation. Thanks for sharing, see you next week!

Annie said...

You really had me chuckling at Milo leaving peemail everywhere....such a brilliant way of describing it.
Hugs,
Annie x

PaintedThread said...

I'm looking forward to Sanditon and I hear season 2 of Bridgerton will be coming soon. Milo - those cookies look good!

Angie said...

LeeAnna - I will have to come back and watch the videos at a time when my hubby is not watching TV. Thanks for the tip that American Idol is back - I am never paying attention, but this is one of my all-time favorite shows!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Milo may not have had much to say this week, but his message came through loud and clear (grin).

riitta k said...

Yes, it has been quite a week. I have spent hours and hours reading the world news. The support for Ukraine is very strong also in Finland. Many Finnish companies shut their operation and export to Russia. Also many Russians escape to the west via our railway from St. Petersburg. I am so relieved now that the cooperation between the US, Finland and Sweden will deepen.

I wish I’ll get into a more daily routine next week. Hugs to Milo ❤️

Kathleen said...

I am so glad to see the support for Ukraine, but I also feel someone needs to help stop Russia in their tracks. Such a sad world that Putin was even able to start this. But...on to better things...your baking is making me hungry!