Thursday, March 10, 2022

I Like Thursday #287

 

welcome to this week's list of likes and I like to sew! And in honor of Yellow being the color of the month to use as superscrappy, I played around with some scraps!

I made two improvisational pieces last week, this one called does anybody know what time it is, post is here with more pics 

we enjoy Reisling and these were both quite good

speaking of kitchens,

Fine Dining

 I love this half soup pot... perfect size for most recipes, this week I made some awesome 12 bean soup, I think the leek made all the difference but the half a sweet potato made it sweet. I use left over vege in the fridge...

by AllClad

I like to keep cleaned prepared vege ready for quicker meals, 


like one breakfast of quesadilla's that were delish!

I tried a recipe to make zucchini appetizers by coating in breadcrumbs and baking this week, just like Olive Garden!  Lots of recipes online and pretty fast

we had them with our chicken marsala for dinner

I have the makings for baklava with pistachios but haven't yet been brave enough..

Watching on TV

Survivor is back! Yea! 

The good doctor was great, we've been watching the new season of Agatha Raisin, whee! And Murdoch Murders is back, thank you Canada! American Idol was so good Sunday, such heartwarming stories and good voices and kind judges. Just finished this season of Queens of Mystery... so good. 

reading 

on audio, just finished this and it. was. AWESOME! touching, laugh out loud funny, and engaging characters. Now I want to read another by the author, er, listen to one. I recommend hearing this one

On ebook  not sure if I really like this one yet... so far, just okay


do you sew? This was awesome tutorial on how to stitch a sketch and make a pouch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS_rUvbAX_0


I spoke to someone recently who is doing a lot of crochet... I found this cool bag on youtube, the instructions are clear but for beginners... 


 

remember the game, "can you do this" well this photo online made me think of it from A Hensley

 

Milo's moments

last summer when we played outside now it's snowy!
 

It happened... grooming.... now it's been snowing a lot and I'm cold and have to wear a sweater mom made that hangs funny. I got back at Mama this week, by planting my keister in front of her and saying do something! She said, go get a ball! Search! I know those words, so I glanced around the room

Mama: yesssss you "man looked" 

Milo: heh heh, then she said, IN YOUR TOYBOX! go see! I knew what she meant, but just looked at my toy box and back at her, with my cutest expression. 

Mama: Oh. My. Dog.

Milo: finally she got up herself and bent down for the toy and I ran over, HA! Made you get up!

now please visit these friends to read their lists!

 

craftscaviescontras  
 
                                                                  LINKING WITH 

rosie and the boys nature pics 

27 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we love the yellow artpiece... it brings good modd and we think about warm days and the sun...

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh the yellow piece is gorgeous. Your food looks yummy, you are always trying something new and fun. I am going to try reuben egg rolls. ROFL Milo man looking. Bobbin does that to me too, wants to play, but can't quite make up her mind if she wants to play with this baby, or that baby. Oh and then we fling them and they end up in packing boxes or garbage cans, behind furniture, in the sink, bathtub....

Michele McLaughlin said...

Scout does that too! Loved your improv piece and that yellow piece is so much fun! Have a great weekend!

Rebecca Jo said...

OHHH - a half soup pot - I didnt even realize that existed!!!!

grammajudyb said...

I need to try adding a leek to my grocery list! And a half-pot? Who knew. I definitely need one of those! Love both your improv art pieces! I think you are the “Queen of Improve”!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your half soup pot sounds like a great idea, especially when you'recooking for two, and the veggies all ready to finish chopping and throw in, too! It's definitely soup weather right now. Your improv pieces with all the circled are fantastic - I enjoyed reading about your process with those!

Sara said...

It snowed here too - 7" is what I was told yesterday. But 60s by next week? The weather is bipolar I think. I love a good Riesling too. And I'm totally intrigued by that yellow project - it looks exciting already!

carol l mckenna said...

Gorgeous needle work but your doggies 'steal the show' ~ adorable ~ Xo

Wishing you lots of love and peace in your day ~

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

It's been snowing a lot here this winter, but I love it! I also have a small soup pot that I like to use when making a small amount. Your dogs are adorable

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Yellow is so cheerful on these cold wintery days. Nice job.

Oh Milo, you crack me up.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Looks like you have some neat quilt projects going. You are so creative! Enjoy your week!

MissPat said...

It would never occur to me to add sweet potato to bean soup. I'm going to doctor up a minestrone I got at Costco late last month. Add more beans, carrots and spinach. I'm still struggling with cooking for one. I'm going out for a walk in a few minutes. It's only in the 40's, but it's sunny so it will be okay.
Pat

Ann said...

At first glance I thought your yellow leaves were truly leaves. And wondered where you got such bright yellows at this time of year. :-)
I've read The Guncle. Rowley is an engaging writer.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fun flower that you are playing with, LeeAnna, and that zucchini looks delicious!! Your half soup pot looks so much easier to manage than my full sized one. I saw that video on YouTube. Great use for worsted weight yarn, if you have some laying around!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! I really love your piece Does Anyone Know What Time It Is. Nice improv interpretation. HA - Milo. I can just imagine your cutest expression. Of course, Momma would go look for your ball after you gave her that sweet look. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Tamar SB said...

I've wine tasted at the Willamette Valley winery!

PaintedThread said...

I love what you've been creating. All-clad is some nice stuff. Mmmm... baklava. Go for it! That crocheted bag looks really cool!

Angie said...

LeeAnna - the piece "Anybody know what time it is" - absolutely gorgeous - I love the layout! And that puppy with the tongue - adorable! Enjoy your weekend!

Annie said...

I love the yellow flower and your soup sounds really yummy.
Hugs,
Annie x

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Helloooo LeeAnna and Milo, :-) I love your two fabric pieces. Your circle piece, wowza! You got me wanting to see what yellow scraps I may have.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your improv piecing. Gorgeous! The zucchini sounds great. I'm sure Milo can't wait for warmer weather!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Love your 'time' piece - very creative! The yellow piece looks so bright and happy for spring. Thanks for sharing the crochet instructions. Milo is so cute and so smart :) Hope it warms up so he can play outside soon. xx K

Linda said...

Milo is fun! I admire your time-it-is piece!

riitta k said...

I love your quilted flower in Ukranian colours, so beautiful. We got also a bit of new snow, but today is a gorgeous sunshine. To escape from the news I have listened also many audiobooks, among them the newest detective novel by French Pierre Lemaitre and Tricia Cresswell’s Midwife. Today we celebrate two birthdays in a family and that makes me happy.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

The yellow piece reminds me of sunny days.

Miaismine said...

I love how your mind works! That scrappy flower is absolutely gorgeous! Yes, doesn’t time seem broken since the pandemic? I love that piece you created! I always make too much soup so you can bet I was excited to see your half soup pot. May I ask what you used for stock? Those zucchini appetizers look so good! I could make half my weekly menu just by your posts! 😊
You had some great tv watching! I’ve been enjoying Silent Witness. I looked at The Guncle and promptly added it to my TBR! Sounds hilarious, reminding me a bit of my son and my grandkids! I’ll be checking out the two You Tube videos! That bag is awesome! Though I can draw worth a like, I just purchased a tracing board, so yes, that first video caught my eye!
So, you got snow as well? We joined you in the snowy scene – for about 2 hours. It was soon gone and with that, the last of our freezes according to the forecast!
Such a fun post! Take good care!
Patricia

Kathleen said...

That yellow flower is beautiful! I also love "does anyone know what time it is?" I love Milo and he is really a trickster ... making you get up when he knew where the ball was! Not too bad me getting to Thursdays notes on Sunday....gheez.