Saturday, March 26, 2022

sewing round up "Table Scraps" for March

 

For this month's Table Scraps challenge to use our scraps to make something with flowers on it, I made a small table topper 12" x 12" using scraps from making a bed quilt of flowering snowball blocks. 

Yep I keep it all... all scraps! I layered them on stabilizer, then couldn't pick a background, so I made one with green scraps. 

I just layed them on the peltex batting, overlapping, and started quilting

Cotton threads in a wide variety of colors, gold metallic around the center dots. 

no binding, just a double layer of zig zag stitch


I actually wanted to make all these, and will... the small one at the bottom will become a journal cover, the one at the left will be a spring banner, from a painting I did of a simple yellow flower.

I improv pieced sections to cut into petals and plan to use this hand dyed fabric background and keep it simple with pretty stitching

while I like the petals I might put this sheer over them

I decided to do these blocks for the RSC this year along with random projects. 

from AQS newsletter, in 1930's print scraps from a bed quilt made years ago

did you know about this , the quiltfolk people are doing a project from book covers

and they do a studio tour too... 

finished "glamingo" this week and the post is here


happy stitching!

linking to

Table Scraps

RSC

patchwork Sunday                    
oh Scrap Sundays 

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays 

 





23 comments:

Sara said...

You've blown my mind this morning! These are so beautiful. The little piece will make a fabulous journal cover. Wish my brain worked like yours!

grammajudyb said...

Fabulous flower projects. I had to click on your finished flowers to bring it up close and personal. So I could peruse all the yellow and greens! Absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to see the journal cover and the Spring Banner. Wonderful projects, LeeAnna!

grammajudyb said...

I wish my brain worked like hers too! Isn't she creative?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your flower piece is wonderful, LeeAnna! The second one where you're using crumb blocks to make flower petals is neat, too. I like that idea for the crumbs. Glamingo turned out amazingly!

Twyla said...

Oooooh, LeeAnna, love all the art but, that flower piece is wonderful!

Molly the Airedale said...

Your work is always so gorgeous!

scraphappy said...

So many beautiful yellow flower variations. Such a wonderful variety.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

I am always amazed at your art.

The Joyful Quilter said...

All three of those projects are SEW super cute, LeeAnna!! The thing about the banner is that with the addition of some PINK, it will work perfectly for the April 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Challenge. :o))
Thanks for linking to the March 2022 TABLE SCRAPS Link Party with your darling super scrappy flower topper!

Dorothy L. Wills said...

Love your artwork! Wish I had that kind of talent. Nice job.

MissPat said...

I love the yellow flower and using a variety of greens for the background was inspired. Well, you are always inspiring.
Pat

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Beautiful piece! I love how bright and happy it is. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi LeeAnna, what a lovely table topper! Good luck with all of your projects!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love the sunflower. It is beautiful. I look forward to seeing the journal cover when it is finished.

Ann said...

I'm glad you've been so busy. Lovely projects.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Your ability to take plain ole scraps and turn them into something fabulous just blows me away. Well done.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Very cool flowers, LA. You’ve got me wanting to give it a try, Maybe after I finish taxes.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very pretty! Scraps of fabric into art!!

PaintedThread said...

I really, really like that table topper. So pretty!

piecefulwendy said...

I so enjoy your creativity. You come up with things I would never think of, and it helps me think out of the box more with some of my projects!

Susan said...

Lovely and very creative flower!

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Your tablescape is lovely! Such bright yellows against the scrappy greens are a great choice. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Your 3D flower is wonderful! I love your other yellow projects, the improv pieced petals are really pretty. Great RSC blocks too!
Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)