Sunday Stealing and it's fun to read answers from all the people playing along around the world. Today seems to be centered around dining.
1. When is the last time you went out to a meal with someone special? Tell us about it.
A: I eat with my husband every night! (and the poodle) and it feels cozy. We often eat while watching a tv show, in the family room. The dog wants his chewy treat at 8 pm on the dot, so he keeps us on schedule. They are special to me. I'm pretty tired of our own cooking but lately I've been watching videos for new recipes and admit our food tastes better.
2. Show us a picture of your favorite cuisine.
chicken marsala at Amici's in Baltimore's little Italy... with the garlic shrimp bread bowl first!
3. What is the funniest thing a man/woman has said to you lately?
A: sadly nothing is very funny these days
4. What makes a gentleman a gentleman in today’s dating world? Are there any left?
A: helping you on/off with your coat, opening doors for you, listening while you speak
5. Is there anything you won’t tolerate when out to dinner with your significant other?
A: he's quite polite, but I do not like to sit waiting a long time after ordering. I also hate hearing someone on a phone when I am out to dinner. Oh, yes, and children running amok is annoying. Undercooked food.
6. What type of ambiance do you enjoy in an eating establishment?
A: depends. I mostly like lots of low lights, white table cloths and pretty cutlery, hate when restaurants think it's cutesy to serve iced tea in mason jars or the silverware has smudges on it, ewww. I like servers to dress well in uniforms, and don't like it when they say good choice! or perfect ! or are you still working on that?
7. Tell us about the worst public dining experience you ever had, whether it be a date or with your family.
A: I'd rather not relive it, er, all of them. Well, on one blind date the guy started ranting about how women are subservient to men in his religion, and should be in all of them.
We barely made it back home to never see each other again.
8. What is the lamest or rudest thing a man/woman has said to you lately?
A: anyone who says covid isn't real. Our neighbor ignored me when I said not to let his boys jump our fence to fetch their baseballs, another neighbor was nasty about our mask wearing on walks.
9. Are you a good tipper?
A: I tip 15-20%
10. Do you ask for doggie bags when you leave food on your plate at a restaurant?
A: yes if it was really good and there is enough for lunch the next day! It doesn't matter what anyone thinks... if I paid for it and want it, I'll take it home. But I want to be the one to put it in the to go container.
11. What is your pet peeve about restaurants and dining out in general?
A: noise and price.
12. Do you prefer to order yourself or do you ever let your significant other order for you?
A: myself, in fact dh waits to see what I'm getting and usually says he'll have the same
13. Describe your most intimate romantic dinner ever. (fantasy or real)
A: I remember one lovely meal, in Laguna Beach, sitting outside at a cliffside restaurant, the temperature was perfect, sail boats bobbed below us, we had just toured old missions and gone to the art/craft show. We were together, drinking wine, eating healthy food, seeing flowers and the sea and hearing birds. It was a moment.
14. Do you enjoy piano bars?
A: oh my yes. Looooovvveee
15. If you could go anywhere in the world for dinner, where would it be and who would you be with?
A: I think flying to somewhere in Greece might be lovely, sitting on an outside patio in the evening with breezes and moonlight and laughter. Really good Greek food. Dancing with all the other customers and dashing our dishes down! Definitely my husband.