Thursday, June 24, 2021

i like #250

 

time for another list of likes for the week! This is a quilt I unearthed when organizing my finished work, made some years ago. I also found a cute table top quilt stand and put it together...


 Right now it's just sitting on my cutting table but I am enjoying looking at it. It was made while leading a group in how to apply ink and paint to fabric. I started by coloring in spheres with oil pastels. I have four brands and the only ones I do not like are shiva (odor and they fade in washer) 

I used rubbing plates to create a background, stencils and acrylic paint for the tree and words, stamps for the paintbrushes and scissors. I quilted it with metallic thread of course. I like the hint of time passing while you create done with dry brush and paint thru a stencil. You don't have to always totally cover an area with paint. 

I like the craft show on NBC Making It with Amy Poller starting tonight for the third season. 

Master Chef is back... unfortunately we finished Murdoch's current season... 

I like seeing my bean plants grow, and the wild flowers are tiny still but alive so far. The heat is oppressive now so I stay in more. Plus people refuse to get vaccines and it's not safe for me to get out yet, so I am reading a lot, watching youtubes, researching history on my hometown, chatting with friends like Joy and Rose, hand sewing my tiny tumbling blocks, and writing. 

I like the author Jenn Mackinlay series about librarians but am at the end and waiting for her next book. I am listening to another of her series on audio

 

It's not as well written as the other series, in my humble opinion. I finished meant to be and it was just wonderful. Then I started a book by Julia Quinn and she is just wonderful!!! Of course I can't finish it in the time left so I fully expect to have to wait months to finish it. I'm trying to though!

do you know the site "books in order" it will tell you all the series titles you might like to read!

I discovered a new youtube series... Great Art Explained... for an artist or anyone who views life through an artist's eyes, this discussion is important. Here the Mona Lisa is explained, and explained in the time period it was painted.Very interesting and informative

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9JvUDrrXmY

want to try a new recipe? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeCYCv2ZHg0
 

Milo's Moments

Milo: Can I have a glass of wine Mama? 

Mama: um, aren't you a little young for wine honey? 

Milo: not in dog years

Mama: I don't think alcohol is good for dogs sweetie

Milo: I have to endure the opening of bottles, I should be allowed a poodle sized glass of wine!

Mama: ooops too late, it's all gone.
 https://www.mmmquilts.com/


 

https://scrapatches.blogspot.com/    

 

 LINKING WITH

https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/
rosie and the boys nature pics   

friday smiles at a stitch in time

28 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we get no wine eiter, it would turn us in wineraners LOL we LOVE the video... that is the best chef of the whole world!

grammajudyb said...

Love your art piece! And the display stand! I need to look up the Jenn McKinlay books! I have read on and enjoyed it! I like your shot of the wine glass, Milo and your yard. It’s a nice composition! *Smile*

Sara said...

I had to chuckle about Milo and the wine. When I was in high school my cousins (crazy boys) had a parrot that liked beer. He would perch on the side of a glass and dip his beak, then shake off the foam.

It's so funny that we often read the same authors. I enjoyed that librarian series too. And I think I have that same little metal quilt hanger. It's on the fireplace hearth holding a mini quilt.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your table top quilt hangar! It would be fun to make all kinds of mini quilts to display that way. I need to look for one of those!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I enjoyed the close up of your art quilt and I need a little stand like that. I enjoy many of these videos where pieces we are so familiar with are explained...so much to learn. Good luck with the t.v. viewing and getting a poodle to understand why he can't have wine. Dogs are persistent little critters. LOL

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Oh, I love that quilt you unearthed. It looks so nice on your counter. I've never seen that craft show, but I will check it out tonight. I always look at the order of books so I read them in the correct order. It drives me nuts if I don't! I think Fan Fiction is one I use often. Jenn is one of my favorite authors, too! I just started reading the Prime Minister's Secretary which is fabulous. Aww, Milo! I don't think wine is for you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Brian's Home Blog said...

That's really a beautiful quilt! Hey Milo, wine might not be a good idea pal, you'll slur your barks! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Carol Andrews said...

Great art piece LeeAnna. You always share such inspiration with us. I, too am staying in. We get our second shot in just under 2 weeks since Canada is stretching the time between 1 and 2. Poor Milo didn’t get to share your wine? Good Mom; poor baby. 😉

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love painted fabric piece...so pretty. I need to catch up on the Murdaugh Mysteries. We have our first Book Club today..it's been a while since we all got together. Have a great day!

Kaja said...

We watch a lot of Masterchef too. Do you get our version or did they do a special US one? I know the Aussie show is different from ours.

Sandra Walker said...

Mmmm that wine looks perfect right about now. Books, good food, good shows, ah. I do not understand those who refuse to get a vaccine, yet happily take 'water' pills, birth control pills, diet or heart pills, get a flu shot, and take various other drugs concurrently -and think nothing of it, don't investigate the backgrounds of them. We got our second shot three weeks ago, but we aren't 'going back to normal' anytime soon. I would rather err on the side of caution.

piecefulwendy said...

That little piece of quilted art is lovely, and I like the holder you found for it. I've never used paint on fabric, but really should experiment with it a bit. I might have to check out Making It - sounds like something I would enjoy!

Michelle said...

Your quilted art is beautiful. I have some of my grandmother's small quilts like yours. I will have to search for one of those stands. I also like the art explained link. That is something I will be watching. Thanks for linking up and stay cool.

Kim said...

Quite right to down that glass of wine before Milo got to it. The Great Art Explained show sounds fabulous. I am enjoying Master Chef here at the moment. As for your little art quilt, it is fascinating and so very clever.

MissPat said...

I have one of those little quilt stands somewhere, but I don't remember where it is and I've never made anything to hang on it. We had a severe thunder storm on Monday, with high winds and lots of damage throughout our village. We lost half of a 6 yr old Kentucky Coffee tree. Neighbors down the street had a large tree fall on their house and there's a tarp on their roof now. Power was out for four hours due to another tree down that took out a transformer. We got some needed rain, but we could have done without the rest of it.
Pat

Angie said...

LA - what a delight to find a treasure from days gone by. I had to look twice at the photo to consider the size, and then I giggled when I realized the "chair" is a pin cushion!!! LOL! (Don't tell Milo, but I am curious what he might get up to after a glass of wine!)

Linda said...

I don't know if dogs like wine, but I've heard of some who like beer.

My name is Erika. said...

This is gorgeous quilting LeeAnna. And it is always good to see Milo.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

What a great find. LOVE that table top quilt stand which really shows it off. No wonder you enjoy looking at it. Beautiful job! Maybe Milo would enjoy a "Dog Perignonn" or a "Muttini" squeaky toy instead of a sip of wine? 😃

Christine said...

Lovely quilt

Susie H said...

I feel the same way about vegetarian meals & tofu burgers as Oakley! haha! Pretty art quilt in your table stand. I'd look at that peacefully any day too!

Lisca said...

Oh my! Looking at the photo of your quilt I thought the arm chair was life size and consequently I saw your quilt as being huge! Until I read what you wrote of course and then I just giggled at my own mistake. (Quilt is beautiful by the way)
I love your Milo stories.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

DVArtist said...

That is just stunning. Yes, it needs to be out and displayed. Milo is too funny.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Shiva/Markal are the only brands of paint sticks I own. I find them horribly wasteful when trying to remove the skin. Your quilt is gorgeous, though. I am in awe of both the painting and the sewing.

Always love what Milo is up to. He's always so cute. have a super weekend and week, too.

PaintedThread said...

Cute, cheery little quilt!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Whew! Glad to have made it onto your list of likes this week. LOVE that little quilt you unearthed, LeeAnna!! I was surprise when I saw the Mona Lisa at the Louvre. I expected that it would be much bigger than it actually is!

Rain said...

LOL at Milo and the vino! You can bet the same scene happens here daily lol! :) Your quilt is just beautiful LeeAnna! :)

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your quilt is beautiful! I'm so glad you found it and have it on display. I'm sure Milo would love some wine! So funny!