Monday, May 6, 2019

the week ahead

One of my recent paintings
welcome to this week's Happy Homemaker post. May 6-12th, 2019.

The weather in Aurora CO
it alternates between hot (high 70's hotter in the sun) and cold (40's at night) or perfect. I've always heard the phrase, "if you don't like the weather wait 10 minutes" and I've never liked that phrase but it's true here.
And it's windy
It's been really hot but we're expecting colder weather this week, including snow. Yep. 

Looking around me
I like this house. The more I see other homes on HGTV and think of our tiny cottage in MD, the more I like this layout and space.


To Do
find a dentist and doctor, which is very scary for a phobic like I am

Reading
The Map of Heaven by Eben Alexander, MD
My librarian mystery at night

Watching
Love this season of the Amazing Race. It's increasingly hard to find something to watch on TV


 my post is abbreviated  today and I'll just share a video I feel everyone can benefit from watching. 

Inspiration
simply, important. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCvmsMzlF7o


9 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

I hope you wil find a good doc and a dentist... iT#s difficult, I totally agree...like finding a good vet LOL

Libby in TN said...

Glad your liking the new house. It's hard to give up an old doc. So far I've been driving the 2 hours each way to my old dentist and eye doctor, but I finally switched to a local PCP who's an advanced practice nurse and very easy to talk to.

Sandee said...

Loving where you live is a wonderful thing. I know Milo is happy to be living with you.

Have a fabulous day and week. Scritches to Milo. ♥

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Love that painting! I'm glad you are liking where you live. It's so important and I know it's been a difficult journey to get there. Have a great day. mary

Jean said...

Good luck on your search for new doctors, hope it goes well. And glad you like your house, makes a big difference. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Sara said...

The weather here changes just as fast. Saturday was gorgeous in the 70s. Today is 50 and grey. Tomorrow is supposed to be 40s and raining. Good luck on that doctor and dentist search. Finding a good hair dresser is almost as important. LOL

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Sorry I don't know drs or DDs in your area. If you're on NextDoor, look at recommendations. It's helpful for all sorts of things. Good luck.

Kaja said...

I'm glad you like your home. I think space and light are the two most important things and your house seemed to have plenty of both.

Angie said...

LA - so glad you are liking your house. It's a space we typically spend A LOT of time in, so it helps if we find it a comfortable, welcoming space. I just watched the TED talk and it was stupendous. Thanks so much for sharing. I (we) am (are) enough!