Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Welcome Baby Milo ! There's a new poodle in town!

 

It's a boy !! A 12 lb, 8 week old baby came to live with us!
We are again, a wee family of three! 


what's that?!

Oh my! 
I forgot what having a puppy means... constant surveillance. Constant laughter! Lots of snuggles and surprises. 
Milo has been with us since Sunday and already knows the house, his yard, his bed, toys,  almost potty trained (just lacking self control) and quickly learning stairs and sit.  For kibble.

 Milo here... wowie! everything is different! I think I'm going to like this place. I like Mama and Daddy, I like my yard and my bed. 
I don't much like the kennel, after all I'm a big boy now not a baby! The other day Mama left me in the kennel while she took a walk. 

I let her know it was definitely not okay with me! I cried and cried until she finally found her way home after a hundred hours! Then I licked her all over so I would remember her taste if she ever got lost again! 
 editor's note: I was gone about 20 minutes. I'm WAY too sleepy to walk for longer!

So Milo was in a large litter and apparently had to fight for food. He wasn't the largest pup so he missed a few meals and now is very insecure about food.  I have been calling him then expecting him to sit for hand fed  kibble to keep him calm when seeing food. He mostly can eat in a more calm way now but this is going to be a process. 


Milo here
 Look at the storm drain! Mama said Cole loved to sniff storm drains. 

Who doesn't?
There is a lot to do here! Lots of action!

 LeeAnna:  He is adjusting to city life and a harness. He has his fave places to do business and has ventured off the yard today. Brave boy! 
He sounds like a herd of Buffalo when he runs through the house. He drinks water loudly. He barks to go outside to pee. I'm relieved he is different from Cole but you know I am thinking about my Cole a lot these days. 

A friend of mine asked if getting another dog helps you heal from loss. 

Well, the short answer is I think so. 
I have not laughed much since Cole left and Milo makes me laugh each day.

 He takes my complete concentration (I'm writing this because Daddy has him at the moment) He is someone to love and share love with, someone to take care of, and quite a personality to discover. 
I sure hope you enjoy hearing the stories he'll tell. He's already saving them up for later! 
Milo's Mischief
Milo's Milestones
Milo's meanderings


Enjoy this video of his third day with us! 
 if it doesn't play on your devise try the youtube link...Milo's third day

Linking to these sites as well as others on my links page

 blogpaws doggie bloghop Wednesdays   
create-with-joy pets

47 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Welcome Milo. Awe how could you not just adore that face. Puppies are unconditional love.

Gail in Vegas said...

Hooray! Welcome Milo! Many of us are waiting to hear about your new life and adventures. It will be wonderful being the only puppy and having two humans to do your bidding so says Sweetie, my little poodle mix).

gayle said...

Woohoo! Congratulations to all three of you!

Libby in TN said...

Awww, he's a cutie!

sonja said...

Welcome Milo!
he is so adorable and he clearly will be in charge of keeping you in perpetual motion... in between his naps!
I am so happy for you! and the laughter he will cause!
It looks like puppy love from here!!
Be well, Sonja

Quiltdivajulie said...

Congratulations!

PaintedThread said...

OMG, Huzzah! How exciting. He's so freaking cute! And I can see why he makes you laugh and laugh. How wonderful. I am so happy for you!

Sara said...

Hello Milo! You won the jackpot in being adopted by your new family! He is so cute!!!

Deb said...

Beautiful new addition to your family, I am sure Milo will brings you lots of love and laughter in the years to come.

yarngoddess@hotmail.com said...

So happy to see this little guy basking in the sunshine of your love! Milo, I love you.
Diane

Mari said...

Oh how exciting! Congratulations!

Kathy E. said...

Oh how sweet! Congratulations LeeAnna! Milo is one lucky pup to have such a loving home with people who will treat him like a king. Enjoy every moment!

claudia said...

OHHHHH! I am so happy for you!!! Milo is a cutie and looks like a handful, but then all puppies are worth all that goes into loving them! Congratulations!!!!!

Joanne said...

Milo! How wonderful for you both! Follow your heart!
Off to a great start!

easyweimaraner said...

Welcome Milo!!!! I love ya from the first look, you are a super cute pup! and we have a lot in common... like being a small boy in a big litter and the battle for food :o) I can't wait to hear much more about your adventures and the mischief, of course.... The mama totally agreed with you: she had to re-learn what it means to live with a puppy LOL

Kaja said...

Welcome Milo and congratulations LeeAnna and Drew. It sounds like you are all going to have a load of fun together.

Ruth said...

So happy to meet Milo - congratulations he is gorgeous and will keep you busy!

Julierose said...

Milo is just adorable--sounds like he likes to have a good time! lol Enjoy hugs, Julierose

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

How cute! I'm happy for you!

Jayne said...

He's a beauty! Puppies are a handful, but so much fun! Congrats and I know you will be very happy you took this step!

Unknown said...

Milo, you are too cute! He's remarkably good at fetch already! That video made my morning!

Molly said...

He looks like a wonderful character

Mollyx

debby said...

I am so happy and excited for you! (and a little jealous :) ) There's nothing quite as good as a Standard Poodle puppy.

mckittycat said...

OMG he is sooooo.... cute. You are going to have ever so much fun and love.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

LeeAnna, Milo is wonderful! He looks adorable, happy, full of life. I'm so glad he brings you joy and laughter! You're going to have to post LOTS of videos!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Glad to meet you Milo!

Nancy A. Bekofske said...

So happy that you have Milo in your family!

Ann said...

My first granddog is named Milo. How funny! What a smart guy you have. Welcome, Milo.

Maria said...

Aww! So happy for you three. Milo is so cute. I can't wait to meet him in person. I'm looking forward to all of his blogging;)

Brando and Bogart said...

Hello, Milo! You look like an adorable handful! I look forward to hearing about all of your adventures! (We're very excited by storm drains too!!!)

Cathy said...

I’m so happy for you all, finding each other! Welcome cutie Milo! He is going to be so much fun to watch grow up and really learn to blog, hehe. Congrats!!

Lola The Rescued Cat said...

Welcome to the family, Milo! You are a cutie.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Squeals!!! Baby Milo is so freaking adorable. Be careful, I may make a trip just to pup-nap him. Welcome sweet boy, I know your mama is so happy you've joined the uprights. ❤︎ Looking forward to Milo's meanderings.

Linda Schiffer said...

OH, I'm so happy for you and your new baby! Enjoy - and eventually your memories of Cole will be nostalgic and sweet rather than grief-stricken.



:) Linda

MissPat said...

So happy to meet Milo. Remember Cole fondly, but get ready for new adventures. Puppyhood is not for the timid. Lookinf forward to lots of pictures.
Pat

Wonky Girl said...

So excited for you ! Let the adventure begin. :-)

Groovy Goldendoodles said...

What a cutie. So excited for you - this is amazing! Please write regularly so we can all marvel in your newest addition to the family.

Funky Diva said...

OMG, LeeAnna, how cute is Milo. I know he will bring you joy, excitement and adventure. Congratulations on your new baby boy.

Nancy said...

Oh LeeAnna how wonderful for you. I know you still miss Cole and I pray that the addition of Milo will just trigger the happy Cole memories. I am so looking forward to following the adventures of Milo.

PaulaB quilts said...

Happy, happy times for your new family. Milo is just the cutest puppy ever. Thanks for showing the video, hope there will be many more.

Lesley said...

What a doll! Enjoy.

Jackie Bouchard said...

Congratulations!!! He's SO adorable! Can't wait to see more of him as he grows. So fun!!

Unknown said...

I'm so very happy for your little family! I know you took the loss of Cole so very hard, and it's not a pain that goes away easily. But this little one is certain to help you find the spaces of joy amidst the sadness. And I can't wait to see what hijinx he'll get up to. Yay!

Jean from Welcome to the Menagerie

Norma Schlager said...

What a cutie pie. I look forward to his (and your) stories.

Sandra Walker said...

Well I have a few tears in my eyes LeeAnna. Joy for you, sadness mixed in as well, maybe melancholy is a better word, for Cole, but big ol' grins when reading various parts of this post. When we first got Rocco, he was extremely thin, and INHALED his food. The vet suggested putting it on a cookie sheet, so he had to work a bit harder, hopefully slow him down a bit, as he chased the nuggets around on the tin. It worked. Now, 7.5 years later, he is a very touchy eater, meaning if anything upsets his chi, he won't eat. Hard to believe after his early days! Milo is GORGEOUS. That face--!! So glad you find yourself laughing. The lack of sleep days/nights ha, will pass before long. Animals make our lives complete; anyone who has never had one is missing out on something truly magical.

Susan said...

He's adorable LeeAnna! So glad you got another fur baby!

Magpie Sue said...

I haven't been able to get around to visit in a long time. I'm SO glad you now have Milo in your lives! What a doll; you're so lucky to be able to have him. I'm curious, did he come with the moniker or did you give it to him, and if so is there any significance to it?