Sunday, May 18, 2014

more paint fun

Lighting really makes a difference. I decided to paint a seashell tonight in anticipation of teaching others
in my upcoming workshop.

I haven't done seashells in a while so after gathering up lots of paints, fabrics, tools, my patterns, etc, I
painted a bit.
The one on the left is on some kind of drapery material bought at a yard sale. It acts like silk.
The right is muslin



I'm using Jacquard and Seta, soft color, and just about any other textile paint who's color I like.
I use the little muffin pan for a palette, the one from frozen pastry puffs. I eat them for you, my students, just so you can paint.
You're welcome.
I checked out some picture books from the library and painted these from looking at the pictures. They will be changed with thread work, backgrounds, beads. But for now, thought I'd show you why I haven't been blogging... busy gathering supplies.
You are always welcome to look at my labels on the side for older posts about subjects you enjoy.
LeeAnna

6 comments:

Snowcatcher said...

Oh, too funny! You sacrifice and eat the little muffins to provide the best experience for your students! Now that's dedication!

It will be fun to see how these paintings look after they've been embellished!

Glenda said...

I'm glad you are not afraid of colour I enjoy visiting your blog just to get some eye candy. thanks for sharing Glenda

Dee said...

What a nice teacher you are for emptying the muffin tins! LOL. Love your creativity!

Vera said...

Intresting project. Have fun with your students!

Ren said...

Gorgeous. I can't wait to see these embellished. Thanks for linking up to Inspire Us Thursdays!

Lorna McMahon said...

Love those paintings, LeeAnna. You are sew creative!