Thursday, April 3, 2014

Is it Spring yet?

Is it Spring yet?? I spied this little fellow in the garden today. That bit of color amidst the brown yard was so, well, hopeful. The bits of purple and golden center are brilliant! I left the old oak leaves there just for the effect, ahem, not because I gave up raking last Fall. Then I saw this pretty little thing!
 Oh, it must be Spring if the daffodils are singing!  I like cold weather, I carry around this layer of fat just for such moments, but the season has stretched on long enough now. The first real hint of Spring came when my pastel needs appeared a couple days ago.
Can an Easter quilt be far behind??
Do you respond to the seasons?  Does your color palette change when the seasons change? I find myself wanting to use the colors around me in nature. What about you??
Want a tutorial on the inset circles? look here!      For part two click here! 
LeeAnna

7 comments:

PugMom said...

I am happy to see some spring flowers! I have leaves and buds on my crocus so hopefully I will not be far behind you, although there is no sign of the daffodils. I love all the bright spring colors! Can't wait to see your Easter quilt.

bearbuster said...

My daffodils are out too! So great to see that bright yellow. I love that fabric you used bunnies coming out of the daisies! Pat

bearbuster said...

PS ... I just looked at the flowers again. The crocus is just so beautiful. Nature is very hard to beat in creativity.

Snowcatcher said...

I'm jealous! My crocuses got eaten by deer, and my daffodils currently are snoozing beneath an eight-inch white blanket. But I love your spring pastel yearnings!

quiltedfabricart said...

Aaaaaaaah, the signs of spring - nice. We still have snow covering the ground but it melts more every day. I so love your kitchy flamingo betty on an acid trip quilt! Great name also. Must have been fun to make

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna!
Great ot see that Spring has finally arrived in your area! I love Spring with alls its signs of new growth and colour! I love all 4 seasons! Glad I live in a country where I can enjoy all of them!
Let nature inspire you! As well as all those nice Easter things!
I see a great quilt in the making!
Take care,
Joanne

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Great idea!!! Your bunnies are fun!