Thursday, July 20, 2017

"I Like" Thursday # 46... Connecticut edition

My big boy weighs in at 37 lbs now and is VERY tall!
"Hey... I don't need a high chair!" said Milo, "I'm a BIG boy now!" 

Welcome to this week's list of likes... more from Milo later. 

We escaped the most recent mosquito spraying by taking a long weekend trip to Connecticut. We do like it there and it felt good to get away. We have some important decisions to make about moving, and it gave us a break from "the house that needs too much" 

 I have so many likes from the trip, it might be several I Like posts! This is a sidewalk in Greenwich CT, I thought was really a pretty display. Look at this topiary lady...
 Very cool! 
I Like a yard sale... going to them not having them lol! The first morning we decided to take a walk around the Rose Garden in West Hartford, and I spied a yard sale sigh at a very fancy house along the park. 

We had a fun time nosing around and I got to chatting with the owner. The house was awesome, built in the 1920's, Tudor style ( my fave) and she said, "want to see the inside?" Huh?? Blink blink... of course!

It was AWESOME! Like one of the Newport mansions in a way. Too big for her she said. Not me... I could just roll around in the opulence! I could enjoy not bumping into stuff all the time! Archways in all doorways, a full on butler's pantry, woodwork, lovely.

Back to the yard sale, look at the little chinese acrobat lamp...
Right after I saw the house, it started to rain and everyone panicked so we left.  The husband handed me a card from his pet supplies store with a coupon for money off. We went immediately and Milo got a new benebone for the car! 

The big blue chair was at the Rose Garden, where we sat at outside tables and had a lunch. An enormous doberman was at the table next to us and he and Milo got along famously. I like my pup to enjoy other dogs.

I liked this church roof in my fave old town, Wethersfield CT. 

 what's that??? Hexies? Yipee!
 I just loved the neighborhood street name signs with the cute little houses on them!

Many of the real houses looked very like the signs!

I liked this girl who found peace reading in a tree...
She seemed unaware of all the comings and goings of people walking across the pedestrian bridge of flowers.

 I'll do another post of cool pics including the bridge soon. I remember climbing up to read.
She didn't need the "stairs" I saw on another tree later...
Milo here to tell you some of my likes this week. First I love traveling in the car with my pawrents. I sit in my bed on the seat with my head on the AC vent! 
I love the feeling of air on my naturally curly hair! 

I missed a lot of naps this weekend, so I really liked the sofa in the hotel room. 

Here's how you do it.
1. Give the sad pup look to the mama while looking at the sofa too. 
2. put your little feet up on the sofa and give her the sad look again. 
3. get her to give you a little boost up so your back feet can reach the sofa
 4. never just leap onto the sofa even if you could. It's pawlite to ask first. 
5. share the couch with your mama


then close your eyes tightly. I have often heard mama say, " wow, that was fast, look how cute he is sleeping!" heh heh, I know. I'm wearing the bandana Aunt Monika sent me.

Rest when you can pups! I loved spending time with my peeps, I chilled in the car, then ran around meeting other dogs and smelling stuff and peeing. Mama and Daddy let me run fast as a gazelle between them at the hotel. I sat very quietly (editor's note: well, pretty quietly for a 4 month old pup) at the breakfast each morning. I met lots of dogs! Travel is enlightening y'all.

LeeAnna here to tie up this week's post. There's a lot of fun to come... lawn ornaments, architecture, shopping sprees, oddities and stories. I'll leave you with the view thru the pedestrian bridge...
Please visit these fine folks keeping it happy too! Give them a few hours to get a post up, and check back as people add in later in the day!

1.http://littlepenguinquilts
2http://imworkingonaproject
3.http://3poodlesandanana
4.maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com
5.https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/
6, craftscaviescontras
7. http://hillsidequilter12.blogspot.com/
8. https://faithtrustandbreastcancer

9. another day in paradise
10. http://www.mmmquilts.com/

linking to some parties including
http://asoutherndaydreamer
Thankful Thursdays pet parade
http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/
http://shabbyartboutique.com

http://sky watch Fridays
http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/
willy nilly Friday (random images)
habbyartboutique fridays
pet parade Fridays  

26 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great likes! It looks and sounds like a wonderful trip! Only yesterday Scout jumped on the couch by herself and sat down on it like it was hers (her parents didn't like it but she figured it was worth a shot). Stay cool, I'm sure it is as sweltering there as it is here.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love the picture of Milo on the big blue chair! What a handsome boy he is! And the house with the hexie roof - wow! It sounds like you had a great getaway!

PaintedThread said...

Those street signs are awesome. And the hexie slate is so cool!! I can't wait to see more of the trip.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I so enjoyed your trip and great photos! The topiary lady is sweet, and the blue dish is lovely. Who makes a hexie roof??? so cool. Thanks for including me and have a great day. mary in Az. P.S. can't wait to see the rest of your trip.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Hexies on a roof and in a chevron design; what a treat to spy along with all the other different and interesting things. Looks like a place you would like to live. So great that Milo could enjoy it all too with his pawrents.

Unknown said...

Such fun places! I love those old buildings. Milo, you look so grown up! Very handsome!

Sara said...

I just loved this little glimpse of a place I'll likely never see. I love that kind of travel and explore, but it never happens with my hubbie - who hates to travel and explore. You've reminded me to take photos of interesting things when I get the chance.

Shannon said...

I love that church roof! And the topiary lady! Are you thinking of moving to CT? I've never been there, but it looks lovely!

eileeninmd said...

Hello, your weekend getaway sounds like fun. I like the cute house and the street sign. Milo looks very comfy, he is a cutie. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and weekend ahead.

Tamar SB said...

Fun trip! CT is fun!

Mary in Boulder said...

Looks like a fun trip. Love the blue chair!

Kaja said...

What a cool place - I love the houses and that fantastic church roof.

Sandra Walker said...

Love seeing Connecticut through your photos. Those street signs, with matching houses-too adorable. And the girl reading in a tree! LOVE. I wrote a post for today if you'd like to add my URL. ;-)

Ida said...

Your post was so fun. Enjoyed Milo on the Big Blue Chair and the Couch (so cute) - Loved the Church Roof, There were some neat things at that yard sale. Sounds like you had a great time.

Nina said...

Congratulations for finding the blue chair ~ perfect for Milo! :)

MissPat said...

Milo in the big blue chair brought back memories of Lily Tomlin as Edith Ann sitting in a big rocking chair. Glad you had a good time in CT. And I sympathize about "a house that needs too much". But I'll never get my husband to move. He has way too much crap, er, I mean stuff.
Pat

Michelle said...

The roof! Houses today just don't have that kind of detail. A sad state of efficiency, I think. Thanks for linking up today and have a GREAT weekend!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Oh the houses are great, and love the hexie tiles on the church. Milo is getting to be such a big boy, and so well behaved.

Tanya Breese said...

haha milo in the high chair, that made me laugh! i love yard sales too and what a neat neighborhood that is! thank you for linking up and have a great weekend!

Ann said...

What a delightful trip with Milo. I loved the clown lamp; hope you purchased it. (Otherwise I may write her to see if she can mail it.) It reminds me of the harlequin lamp at Hearst Castle.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

More and pawsome 'likes' this week. Bravo. There's a big world for you to learn all about, Milo!

A Colorful World said...

Wow! What a wonderful yard sale and HOUSE! Yes, I'd like to go in, please! :-) Lovely views of Connecticut on your get-away!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your various photos. A great eye that you have!

Norma Schlager said...

Too bad that we couldn't meet up while you were here in CT. I must confess that you saw things that I never did and I live here. One thing I know you would have loved was the Frog Spool Bridge in Willamantic . Google it.

Miaismine said...

Such lovely photos! Makes me want to visit CT in the summer, of course! :) Those street signs, the house and yard sale....lovely! Hugs to Milo and you all!

M. K. Clinton said...

What a beautiful area to visit! I would love to travel in Connecticut during the fall. Taking in a yard sale is always top on my list.