Thursday, March 28, 2024

I Like Thursday # 395 Buongiorno, quilts, books, and a poodle


milo's big ball

guess what? with all the weirdo weather from 70 in the sun to 4" of wet snow in a day... our bird came back this week! See him on the front porch stones? 

wasn't the sky pretty at sunset? 

it's a short post today... let's get started with a few snow pics... it melted in 24 hours though




Milo tried to entice me to sit on the back porch this week when it was hot but then this happened

brrr, that would be a shock to sit in!

On audio books

finished the series I was "reading" and started a new one... a woman moves back home to open a pie shop and finds mysteries to solve

On TV

Sadly the bachelor finished, but the good doctor returned! Survivor, Amazing Race, Deal or no deal island, Top chef, are also on. We dvr'd The way home so we're catching up on that drama of time travel.

So you think you can dance, american idol are both back... whee!

Learning Italian

or trying to. I'm about to research the way to learn it online. I took Italian 1 ----- twice---- and feel we might move there so I'd best up the ante.... Grazie! Prego! sono LeeAnna, piachere! 

Lists

I made a long list last weekend and was able to check off all the chores by Monday night!

sewing

I finished two quilts for last Saturday's post, 

Drawing

I've been having a good time drawing zentangles this week, and hand sewing... more Saturday's post

listening

I love 70's music... been listening to a lot of it this week

 

our prompt this week: 

Baby animals are often born in the Springtime. If you could choose any baby animal to be your pet, what would you pick and why? Don't worry about space or legal restrictions, just imagine having it.

donkeys... after watching lots of donkey videos, and hearing they don't smell bad, they love hugs and being sung to...after hearing Reese Witherspoon's donkeys are named honky, and tonky

Pin by Cari Goldman on LMFAO | Donkey funny, Dog jokes, Monkeys funny

wombats   cuddly and sweet


 maybe a bunny would be nice.... smart, trainable, cuddly

30 Best & Cutest Rabbit Breeds To Keep As Pets

but the best non wild pet is... Milo

Hey, I'm wild!

 Milo: 

Hiya! Last week I had a surprise guest... a man who touched me, and looked at me and well, at one point I had to remind him and my pawrents that some parts of a poodle are PRIVATE! 

Mama: the vet came out to check out some issues for my Milo-baby, and a thermometer was used

Milo: I mean.... PRIVATE parts y'all! Unwelcome touch! 

Mama: it's over now, we all have to be touched by a doctor at some point honey... 

Milo: all that and no treats. sheesh! But.... mama told me the Easter bunny is coming and will leave me toys and treats! I peeked and saw a toy in a basket but I never smelled a bunny had come through the house! How does he get in past me? 

Mama: don't think about it too hard, just be happy you'll get treats! We can show the people what you got next week. 

Milo: why wait? eat all the treats now Mama! Just like when you get chocolates! 

Mama: I do not eat them all at once! 

Milo: well I don't even get to taste them... oh so what they're bad for dogs... most good things to eat are bad for us... well, I guess I'll have to wait til the weekend to see what I get... I'll show you later! 

Oh, nearly forgot, I got my big sofa back! ( the cover needed washing, it was only for a day) I love it, in the front room, I can stretch out and watch out the window for dogs and mailmen, and delivery peeps


now please visit these people to see what they liked this week

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/


 
 
   LINKING WITH 

               friday smiles 


 


15 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

"Pies and Prejudice," LOL -- did it have a characrer named Mr Darcy?

Tigger's Mum said...

The finished quilts look fabulous. I know that list making thing - I do it from time to time but am aware that it signals a period of stress in my life - and then have to identify and deal with that. My best days (the ones I like) are the ones where I let each task suggest the next one - as in be doing something and notice that something else also need attention and simply move onto that next. It might not be a priority but doing it makes me feel productive and ensures it never makes it onto a list.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I enjoyed the wombat video - he's very cute! We're still enjoying the Good Doctor - almost to the end of Season 5 now - where Shaun and Lea go on the reality TV show. Milo, none of us like getting poked by the doctor - hope you got a treat afterwards! Happy Thursday!

Kathleen said...

Your quilts are fabulous. The snow is gone, hooray. Milo is certainly the type of wild animal I would like. I love the idea of an Irish Wolfhound, so big, but I don't really think one fits in my space!

Angela said...

Fabulous quilts! I love the way you write about Milo. Children's book in the offing?

Cloudia said...

Milo you are one of my favorite visits! So these quilts are impressive! Aloha. Check out Hawaiian quilts. Unique patterns

Brian's Home Blog said...

Snow?!?! Oh no, it's Spring. Those quilts are sure pretty and I hope all is okay with you Milo. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

PaintedThread said...

That's some crazy weather. Wombats! Oh, poor Milo. How undignified.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

The weather is all over the place here but snow! that must have been quite a surprise. Donkeys, love them. Wombats, I don't know well enough. Rabits, look nice but we had one that was very bad tempered so I think we'll stick with the dogs. Pleased to hear Milo has his comfy sofa back. Happy Easter Angela xXx

Lisca said...

I enjoyed the video about Elly the wombat. I didn't know what a wombat looked like so it was educational.
As always Milo's diary was so cute. He'll be glad to get the sofa back. A vet that comes to the house? I don't know if they do that here. If they do it would be very expensive. I think they would only do that for farm animals like cows and horses. Do you get Dr Pol on tv over your way? It's about the life of a vet from the Netherlands working in either Canada or Michigan, I don't remember.
I haven't read any of your books but the title is funny.
Learning Italian? Great! Have you tried Duolingo? It's an app on either phone or tablet/computer. I learnt Spanish with Duolingo and the best thing it's not only good, it's free. (no paywall either, although they do offer a supadupa version for those with money to burn)
Your quilts are so beautiful. I love the one with the sunflowers.
Have a lovely Easter weekend,
Lisca

Annie said...

Brrrrr that looks cold….I’m not a snow lover apart from the other side of the window. Love Milo 🥰
Hugs,
Annie x

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Odd how you have had snow and we have not seen any this month so very far north of you. But cold here overnight at times. Loads of wonderful tidbits here, LeeAnna. Just love these weekly roundups of yours and my favourite is Milo's thoughts too. Poodles are so intelligent. Ned is far less "complex", LOL.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Awesome quilt finishes, LeeAnna!! Sorry to hear that Milo had to endure a vet visit. :o((

mamapez5 said...

The snow is rather beautiful and I could live with it for 24 hours. But I am still glad we don't get any here. At least you are getting some warm sunny days as well. My son is teaching himself Italian and he is doing quite well at it. When we have our weekly chat I will ask him what app he is using. I know he likes it more than Duolingo.Kate x

Michelle said...

Milo IS the best, non-wild pet! What a handsome fellow he is. Thank you for linking up. Also, I loved Pies and Prejudice.