Thursday, March 14, 2024

I Like Thursday # 393 second week of March

welcome to this week's list of likes... I like pink, and this quilt hangs in the stairwell

This week... I enjoyed TV again. No good dramas on yet, good doctor was bumped. I do like deal or no deal island, survivor, American Idol, So you think you can dance, Master chef junior edition, Spring baking show. 

Fine Dining

I tried a new to me recipe for chocolate cake with whole wheat and buttermilk replacing some of the fat. It. Was. DRY and to me not worth the calories left in it. MEH! don't you hate it when a recipe is not good???

I returned to an old recipe that did work out

chewy coconut cookies, half with chocolate chips  ( Recipe  )

I've made these before, and like them, but this time added in mini chocolate chips to half the dough and, YUM! cookie version of a mounds bar

(I did not like the time change this week. I am not sleepy at bedtime, but very sleepy when it's time to get up, I'm hungry at the wrong times, and so much daylight means people are all out all the time now)

I liked this  quote: 

Advice from a nearly 60 year-old, cranky woman who has lost too many loved ones at too young an age:
Y'know what? 
Life is ridiculously short. Eat the Peeps and Candy Corn. Put up the Christmas tree whenever it pleases you. Listen to the weird-ass 80s music that nobody else likes. 
 
Watch Hallmark holiday movies. Drink pumpkin spice all year long. Wear plaid and stripes together, and socks and sandals. 
 
Do your wildest, most fun you.
 
 For those of you that seem to take some kind of perverse pleasure in telling others how, why, and where to live their lives, for the love of naked baby mole rats, shut up and go create your own little life 
- let people have their tiny moments of joy in this fleeting existence.
 
I enjoyed this video

video   older women fun clothing choices


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bzELvR6wks

laughed at these jokes

No photo description available. 

No photo description available. 

 prompt this week

what is your favorite spring flower and do you try to grow them in your house or yard? 

I love tulips, all the colors and the shape, how tall they are. I've never been able to grow them however. Too hot in Florida, squirrels at the bulbs in Maryland, and soil/temps inhospitable here in our part of Colorado.

I like Allium for their size, never had one grow in my yard, I like tree blossoms, and now and then I see poppies here

Milo's Moments

 

Milo here... nothing new to report. I've been hanging out. I keep moving my family room bed so here I am lying on the cold hard ground... hungry, ignored, no playmates, no toys...

Mama: MILO!!!!! stop that! You are not hungry, not ignored, and have so many toys! 

Milo well, not right this minute and dogs live in the NOW mama. 

Mama: life with a poodle! 

Now please visit these people to see what they liked this week... and leave a comment so Mama will smile, tell her what you liked this week! 

https://tentoesinthewater.blogspot.com/

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/


 
 
   LINKING WITH 

               friday smiles 


16 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

thats our way of growing too LOL... we love the quilt the color has something what brings super good mood...

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm watching Spring Baking Championship too!

Angela said...

Love the cranky old lady advice! Whatever gives us joy!

Sara said...

I love the old lady advice! I totally agree! Survivor has been good so far, and I'm happy that Amazing Race started last night. So Help Me Todd has become one of my new favorite shows as the writers use a lot of "banter". And the Spring Baking Championship has been good too.

Trying out new recipes tends to be very hit and miss for me lately, and it doesn't help that my husband is such a picky eater. I tried a recipe for chunky apple sauce last week - and it was so bland. I tossed the pint or so remaining in the fridge yesterday as neither of us planned to eat it.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cookies look yummy! With the snow here today, I might be in a baking mood. I like the advice from the old lady, too - eat the Peeps! (Well, for me it would be M&Ms) Have a great Thursday!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,

That's a great quote from a woman with experience. :)
Love tulips this time of year ! After a long Autumn/Winter grey wet weather it's so uplifting to see Spring blossoms ! Today the sun shone and reached 17 C ! That's a first this year.
Coconut and chocolate is such a great combination :)
hugs, take care,
Joanne

Helen said...

I've been watching Deal or No Deal Island just to see what Boston Rob would be up to! He's always been a favorite.

Kathleen said...

Love your pink stairwell quilt. I have been chasing my tail so I am just catching up and deleted from my "feed" a bunch of old posts. Sometimes you need to wear the femur bone crown - hysterical. Poor Milo...he does have a hard life...NOT!

PaintedThread said...

I hate when a recipe doesn't work - especially when I've put a lot of work into it. I have a number of older friends - I try not to think about losing them too soon. We squeeze in as much fun as we can!

MissPat said...

As a 75 yr old, whose best friend and quilting pal passed away suddenly two weeks ago, I second the advice from the 60 yr old cranky woman. Life's too short, eat dessert first.
I love all the flowers, iris, peonies, dahlias, roses and more. I've tried to grow them all with varying degrees of success. Currently the deer, rabbits, woodchucks, squirrels, chipmunks, and voles make it hard to grow anything. And the wildly frustrating weather doesn't help.
I hope you didn't get too much snow.
Pat

grammajudyb said...

Hope you are digging out! Or maybe you didn’t get a bunch. The news coverage made it sound like everyone got snow, but our daughter in Loveland said not much! At least, not Thursday AM!
I need to try coconut cookies, I love Almond Joys!

I agree! Whatever gives you JOY! Do that!!”

Annie said...

I love the snowdrops because they push their way up through the frozen ground and are the first sign of Spring here….I love Spring. I love Milo too and if they didn’t look so different I’d say Milo and Milly were siblings 😂😂😂
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

I am used to making recipes that fail but I think it is more down to my ineptitude than the actual recipe! But I do have plenty of successes too. Hopefully, once I have got to grips with my new cook-pot, I will have even more success.
I do love cookies and yours sound yummy.
I love daffodils but have had little success growing them here. Our winters are getting warmer and drier and it doesn't suit them. I did mange a few dwarf ones last year and my Spanish neighbours had never seen them before. Our spring flowers are fresias and blossom.
Kate x

Angie said...

Well, I am now 60 and sometimes cranky, so I better take that advice, especially the part about the Peeps and the Candy Corn! Milo always has something interesting to say, and for a minute I thought he was channeling something my hubby would say - LOL!!! Thanks for hosting I Like Thursday - I am thankful for this wonderful group of friends who gather weekly to share! Hope your weekend is a wonderful one!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Love the quilt. I don't know if you can get it but we watched 'The Love Rat' this week. It's a really cleverly written story. Great video, love the look of the cookies and always love Milo. Sending hugs Angela xXx

Juliann in WA said...

Pink has been calling my name a lot lately. I have been pulling fabrics to do a color wheel quilt - not really a wheel but different blocks from just one color each. My favorite flowers are sunflowers but they are hard to grow around here so I usually pick them up from Trader Joe’s a few times a year.