Thursday, March 21, 2024

I Like Thursday # 394

 

Another week, another list of likes! let's start with the  stay at home round robin from last year... funny that I like it more now than I did when I finished last year. I love the bunnies, and the 3-d pinwheels, and the colors...in the family room next to the bunnies on the mantel, ( made them 3 years ago)

hand stitched and embroidered felted bunnies!

Fine Dining

I am still trying to find a recipe for something that that tastes orange... this time I got a recipe from my Tampa cookbook, Gasparilla cook book

the Gasparilla Cook Book

I made a half recipe added in orange juice, orange peel, and orange extract for insurance. 

I rolled the dough in orange sparkling sugar, for fun and for Easter colors. Did they have orange flavor? no. nada. none. 

we did make the hawaiian bread again and it is OUTSTANDING! Bananas, coconut and pineapple in a quick bread, I gave that recipe somewhere.... a modern cook used a 1960 recipe and so did I

I love this springy rug I got at amazon

I want several more, to spring up the rest of the space

listening to audio books 

continuing the series about an antiques magazine writer who gets embroiled in murder mysteries

listening on youtube...

 I wish I could study voice with this woman. JOY personified .... a 10 year old sings Aretha in a car


TV

amazing race is back, yea!!! Call the Midwife too!  Murdoch mysteries but The Good Doctor says it's the final season (sad, big sobs) but there have been no episodes after the first two... torment

 podcasts

like survivor? Robhasapodcast interviews cast offs and talks strategy with previous players on the current season, Here's an entertaining podcast to start you off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvUFx6EPQlM 

 quilt making

I've made a big push to finish this year's stay at home round robin quilt, and the project quilting piece this week. Tied to the machine I'm actually tired of sewing at the moment. 

it's now all quilted ready to share tomorrow!

our Prompt this week

What Spring creatures might you see in the wild where you live right now?

We are seeing robins and small creatures like squirrels. We should be seeing bunnies soon. There is a family of raccoons we see all summer, enormous, they walk in a line across the street, thru the neighbor's yard to the golf course

 and owls, hawks, coyote... and I saw a gull fly by Wed.... what? we are a good stretch from the ocean

 

Weirdo weather

I enjoyed the snow we got, they registered 17" of wet heavy snow, that unfortunately now is gone. The next day 3/4 of it was gone into Lake Notafraidofcolor... our backyard. 

It tickled the belly of the poodle around here, but now it's intense sun heating up our bedroom too much

speaking of sun


Milo's moment

Milo:  I guess the mama didn't want a poodle opinion on the orange cookies. Smelled great to me! 

this week, I humored the pawrents and got off the bed in the morning, and snuggled into my blue chair...

then I hear the daddy, Milo want to go for a walk? 

Wellllll, do you mean it? Let me know when you two are ready and I'll jump into my harness and grab my leash. You people wouldn't believe the process to get my peeps ready for a walk. 

Mama is faster, she pulls on her boots and does some kind of hocus pocus on them (tying the laces) then pulls on her outer skins (sweatshirt jacket), covers up her face (mask) covers her eyes (sunglasses) and covers the top of her head (hat) then peeks outside first to see if it's safe. 

the Daddy is slower... same with boots, skins, eyes, head, glasses, also has to get a bag for my poop 

really what is his fascination with my poop? 

oh by now the mama says she should go visit the bathroom first, I mean, we are going outside just do it there like I do Mama! 

sometimes she gets a sip of water, and when I follow her into the kitchen and see that, I also need a sip of water. 

by now the daddy is ready and we all three head off for a walk in the 'hood. Finally! I read my peemail, do any business that needs doing, keep my peepers open for dogs or kids running amok, and keep my people headed in the direction I want to go that day. Mostly they listen to me but sometimes I have to grab the leash to pull them back. 

people are so hard to train

now please visit these people to see what they liked this week

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/


 
 
   LINKING WITH 

               friday smiles 



17 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Love all the bunnies!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Happy Spring !
When I read about the Springy rug I immediately thought they were springy, as in moves up and down when walked or stood on. I thought this would be great while ironing or washing dishes or cooking. Might help with blood circulation.
I like Thursday 394 ! divided by 52 weeks a year ... = more than 7 and a half years ! Wow ! Amazing ! A lot has happened in those years. Thanks for keeping us all active and interested :)
Your quilts look fantastic :)
hugs, take care,
Joanne

grammajudyb said...

Your bunny parade is too cute! And I absolutely loved Milo’s “dog-cast”! He’s a hoot this morning! 😁🐕‍🦺

Tigger's Mum said...

If you want real orange flavour you should get neranja (https://www.hydradirect.com/neranja-jelly-from-hydras-street-trees) or seville oranges and prepare to be wowwed

Angela said...

Those bunnies are so cute and cheerful!

Cloudia said...

It is the time of year when we count the whales in Hawaii! Before they leave for the summer. Aloha


https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2024/03/meaning-and-transform.html?m=0

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looking forward to seeing your round robin finish! Your cookies look yummy. I was talking to a friend about her dog yesterday and she said at their house they have to say, "Are you taking the dog for a W?" because he knows the word walk! Happy Thursday!

My GBGV Life said...

Love the rabbits on the mantle, so cute! We love the Amazing Race too. Can't believe how many teams went to the wrong challenge and had to go back. Costly mistake. Such a fun show!

Unknown said...

Milo is on fire today!! 🤣 Cheeky boy!! Anne

Brian's Home Blog said...

That quilt is wonderful and all the bunnies are so cute. Oh my, cookies, I want some! Milo, you are quite the character and I wonder why you didn't get some of those cookies. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your bunnies! So cute! Your cookies look great. Your Round Robin looks so interesting. I can't wait to see more of it!

Sara said...

Bunnies & birds - what's not to like? It's adorable and so spring-y. Winter has come back here too. Snow fell overnight, but Sunday and Monday is supposed to bring a LOT more. Depending on which forecast you see - anywhere from 6" to 20+.

I'm loving Amazing Race this season so far. And Survivor? Let's just say that I was very grateful that the most annoying player was eliminated. They've spent so much time on him crying and whining that we know very little about players on other tribes.

Annie said...

I love all your Springy things and Milo really got me chuckling today.
Hugs,
Annie x

MY MUSINGS said...

Love the bunnies! Nice post~

Lisca said...

Milo's commentary made me smile. Give him a huggle (a hug and a snuggle) from me.
Oh that quilt looks lovely! Looking forward to seeing it completed.
Wow, what a lot of snow. It really is spring here now with higher temperatures. I haven't worn a coat/jacket for a few weeks now (just a cardigan). The birds are returning from their winter grounds in Africa so spring is really here.
Sorry I'm so late in commenting. I had a busy weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Kathleen said...

Milo is cracking me up - it always takes me 2-3 minutes longer than I think to get ready. How about a Tarta de Santiago for orange flavor. I love it...have never made one. Just catching up from packing and blog hopping....a few quieter weeks for me on the blog - not planning any sewing until after the move is done...but there may be some.

Michelle said...

I like your springy rug. I am ready for all things spring, so your snow is not for me! Whew, too cold. Thanks for linking up!