Saturday, February 3, 2024

creativity round up from Jan to Feb in one day

 

I have a few things to show you in today's weekly creativity round up... 

I've had a grand time painting, drawing and inking some Valentine paintings this week...

I tore watercolor paper into 4ths, and tried a different approach with the 8 small sheets. Some of them were from videos from the multitude of generous artists who share their techniques. Some from my own heart, and I'll share the rest of them next Saturday, closer to Valentine's day

all of them done quickly, while waking up and drinking my coffee in the morning. I sketch painted in my home made junk journal and realized flying things are a theme so far

I've been trying to improve my handwriting and watching lessons on Spencerian vs Palmer method, and using different nibs... I do love ink, writing and pens! 

For Rainbow Scrap Challenge, for February we are using our red scraps and I got mine out Friday

ready to choose for my EPP ongoing project for the year. 

Mostly I focused on adding in the next round for the stay at home round robin this week, to make the next row using only two colors... oy vey!

I knew I wanted grass, so "green" and thought I wanted some kind of stepping stones, so "grey" 

printed out some google images of stepping stone walkways, gathered possible fabrics, and tried and tried to make straight stones work out of the light grey fabric. 


 

Y'all when something doesn't work, and you've given it your all trying different ways, sometimes you gotta change mid-stream. I went ahead and put some fusible on this grey scrap

and cut out some piles of rocks... chose the green to use, decided I wanted a gray rock wall to separate the grassy area, and then just played with the rocks in the grass...

oh, well, with threadpainting in some grasses in the quilting process, and free motion highlights also done in quilting this is very interesting

here it is pieced in, and I quite love it
with this row, it's now about 19.5" square! Not by trying

It is so happy on the design wall, and I hope the next row's challenge will go well with these. 

when I pieced this intricate sunflower block, I had no idea how to set it to turn it into a wall quilt. I am happy to say thank you to the SAHRR people for their challenges. 

I cut extra rocks in case, so these leftovers went onto the flower made with my flamingo cut offs, 

kind of a side work

the rock scrap went back in the grey box. 

so closer to V-day I'll share all my precious little paintings that could become a book of sorts. Project Quilting's new challenge starts Sunday too. And I have my EPP wheel block to make in red scraps while I watch tv next week. I hope to paint more too. See you next week

linking with

https://anjaquilts.blogspot.com/


design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts

https://songbirddesigns.blog/monday-musings-6-26-23/ 

finished or not

https://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

 

entranced by this video of watercolor zentangle  anyone can do it, find inner peace!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fo0qmgzD2UA
 

15 comments:

Helen said...

I love the LOVE painting. And, I am loving what's happening around the sunflower quilt!

Mari said...

Love the heart flowers and the stepping stones!

lynn said...

I love to play, whether with fabric, paper or ink. I'm curious to see where that sunflower will reach

JanineMarie said...

You had just the perfect fabrics for that wall and the rocks. Even the proportions work so well with the sunflower. What a happy quilt to have on your design wall at this time of the year.

Susie H said...

Great job! Your paintings are wonderful and full of love.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

Charming little paintings and the quilting is wonderful. Love the ingenuity involved with the sunflower and the rocks! Amazing! x K

Sara said...

Oh my - adding those rock pieces was perfect.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That looks like a wonderful week of creativity, LeeAnna! I'm particularly fond of that sweet heart "stamp" painting and the way you made a path on your Sunflower quilt.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, I love how you were inspired by the SAHRR second round and this two-color prompt! Fun red splash on the little green piece too! You are such a creative artist, your little drawings also are very cute and lovely.
Thank you so much for sharing your inspiring work!

Kathleen said...

I love your painting - so beautiful. Your SAHRR is looking fabulous - and I love the grey rock wall...very Irish to me. I love the rocks in the grass too! So creative.

Melva said...

I love how your art quilt SAHRR piece is coming together. Thank you for sharing in my Sew & Tell party.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The green and gray of the stones and grass is just great! I love how your garden is developing.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Loving how your sunflower is progressing. I hear you re changing ideas mid-stream, happens to me All. The. Time :)

Marsha Cooper said...

Stay at home round robin. That sounds interesting to know more about.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

It's like they've written the SAHRR challenges just for your project! They are working out beautifully. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/2024/02/07/wednesday-wait-loss-366