Thursday, February 1, 2024

I Like Thursday # 387 Friendship, organization, art and a poodle!

 

do you know what time it is? Time for another I Like Post... 

I like painting and have done 8 small Valentine paintings this week... which I'll share on Saturday's Creativity round up. 

I try to live a creative life around cooking, chores, and laundry!! LOL

do you crochet?? this technique is ingenious way to make a spiral heart motif 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiFdrGwmsms
 

 

 this video discusses friendship without boundaries... Friendship comes in different ways


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-IVZa-4zlY

Love is Love
It's February so I got out the Valentine's kitchen towels...

I like watching the Bachelor on TV which is back, yea! Not much else on to talk about there

I'm sorting and reorganizing the studio which is kind of fun for me. I think you need to update organization as we change over time.  One of my likes this week is Ikea now delivers to our house, and I got this unit (they've changed their drawer units) to give me space to organize all my beads so I can find them. That started a whole thing, shifting things, getting rid of some stuff, etc


I'm still working on it, making it work for me, so relieved I don't have to lift stacked things now
 

Our Prompt this week is 

what qualities do you look for/love in a friend?  All friends are great but a few grow to be really close.

What do you look for in a mate? What qualities can you mention that you believe to be good for a mate

Big love topics this week! 

Let's see... Trust is big for me,  trust that I won't be made fun of, or my secrets told, that I can count on the person in general. Honesty is big, tell me the truth. Kindness. Humor  so we can laugh at each other's jokes (not each other) intelligence so we can have good conversations. All my friends are multi talented and interested in life. Love of pets is a plus. I hope they find joy in being with me like I do them, and giving each other grace when we misspeak . Acceptance. 

I was adopted but never accepted... my family didn't know who I was because they never really saw me. I love belonging with a friend...to share things, we laugh and cry together, we are happy for each other when we succeed and share the hard times... 

I think all that for a mate, since they really are your best friend often. Additionally a mate should share your values... what's important in life. How to spend money, how to raise poodles, what makes a place good to live in... doesn't matter if you like different food or music or books. It's important if you both like books, music, and food though. 

a friend was going to some sacred place in S. America and told me, to write down everything I wanted in a mate and she'd take it there. I wrote in small script, front and back of a lined sheet of paper, everything from wants to read in bed at night, to dances, to believes in the golden rule, etc.... I didn't mention race or age, as that didn't matter to me. Likes to stay home, but enjoys travel did. and more. 

I was lucky when I met my husband to be, that he pretty much met every item. It's not been a day at the beach all the time, but we've gone through it together. My mate should believe in his vows on our wedding day, like the song goes, when I said I do, I meant I will... as dependability and integrity mean much to me. 

Milo's Moments

Milo: I like a human to be nice. I like them to take care of me, let me out when I want to, feed me when I want to eat, keep my water bowl full. I like them to take an interest in my toys, understand when I have to bark, pet me gently and let me sleep with them at night. 

3 months old

In a dog friend, they have to share toys, run with me, like to play poodle games like my teeth are bigger, or run around fast. It's a plus if they also like to chase squirrels and bark at passing cars! I don't like aggressive dogs or people. Be gentle, you never know what a poodle or person has been through. 

now please visit these folks to see what they liked this week

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/   

http://wordweaverart.blogspot.com/ 

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/

 
 
   LINKING WITH 

               friday smiles at a




12 comments:

grammajudyb said...

Yes, it’s time to get out the February decor! Gosh, I need some February kitchen towels! If I get some, that means I must get rid of some old worn ratty looking ones, right!? Thanks for your post today, Lee Anna. You said it so well, about what is important in a friend and a mate. Trust is the big one! Love your video of baby Milo!

Sara said...

I agree my spouse needed to have some of those same traits as my best friends.

My doggy love comes when I visit either of my daughters. I really miss our cat, but for right now we're without any pets. I want to do some traveling now that we're both only working part time. Haven't convinced Dave yet on the traveling. LOL

I've been enjoying the sew season of Finding Your Roots on PBS. And am looking forward to new show seasons starting in a couple of weeks - Survivor, Young Sheldon, etc. I haven't watched the Bachelor for a few seasons, after I got annoyed or maybe bored with the bitchy drama of some of those young ladies.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those wire baskets from Ikea look very handy! I think we crafters can never have too many drawers. Sweet baby Milo - I remember those cute photos and videos! I agree that with the right mate, life may not always be a day at the beach, but you can at least get through it together. Happy Thursday!

photowannabe said...

I agree that the right mate can take one through life . All is not perfection but sharing life together is definitely a win/win.
Good for you and getting your craft things in place.
Sue

Angela said...

Look at that sweet face! Milo is such a cutie!

JustCallMeElle said...

I enjoyed watching that crochet spiral heart vid. Thank you for sharing it!

PaintedThread said...

Milo! Was that table tasty?

There are some friends I love so much, but I couldn't necessarily pin down why. It's just good to be near them.

Babajeza said...

I was at Ikea yesterday and purchased a box to organzise notions. It feels good. :-) Have nice weekend! Regula

Cloudia said...

Very thoughtful post as usual. Thanks for having us. Aloha, Milo!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sorry I'm late today but here now. I have this Valentine thing in my head but nothing is coming together so fingers crossed I get an idea soon! Good luck with the reorganising, I definitely need to do some of that very soon. Milo has some interesting thoughts today. I'm sure he would get on well with my two, they could see who could chase squirrels faster. He would love the park where we walk as there's at least two squirrels for every dog and when they get fed up with that they can dig for Moles. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Another beautiful post, LeeAnna. I especially liked reading that Milo got to include what he likes in a friend and parents. I think Ned would concur!

Kathleen said...

Wonderful post and thinking about love this month is always a good thing. It is interesting about mates - enough like our friends in all the best ways, but different too in the way that they are. I love the video of puppy Milo - so much energy and fluff!