Thursday, February 29, 2024

I Like Thursday # 391 fave dinner , quotes, bridgerton era dresses, and one naughty poodle

 

welcome to this week's list of likes. I have had this metal sculpture (made from barrels that float ashore in the carribean, for so long. I still just love it, the colors the symbolism the irregularities and that is was made from unwanted metal.On with the show.
 
Happy leap day/year... does that mean anything to y'all?

A couple days of cooler weather in the midst of mid 60's all thru January and February, when it used to snow thru May in the front range of the Colorado Rockies. Just a few years ago, now we've fallen off a cliff of heat which does not bode well for us. We like cold more than hot
one day of wet snow, and it is nearly melted not 24 hours later, weekend temps near 70

My ornament boxes from a sale at Home Depot came, so time to finally pack away xmas ornaments
holds 64 ornaments!

Reading

on ebook 
The Proof of the Pudding - Bowen, Rhys 
finished on audio, recent in series by Ellie Alexander bake shop mystery
Catch Me If You Candy - Alexander, Ellie

 TV

little by little a few shows are returning, like The Good Doctor,  Survivor, American Idol
 

  quote

"“We have art in order not to die of the truth.”" Friedrich Nietzsche 

 quote:

If you have nothing to hide, there is no reason not to be transparent 

 -Mohamed ElBaradei-

Quote

ursula wolfe rocca 
 

Yum 

I like our homemade cinnamon rolls... the secret to making them like cinnabon is cream poured on just before baking. I did a cream cheese buttercream icing too. 
 


ahem, I assume I'm not getting one? this is inhumane punishment since I've been sniffing them for hours!

Mama: you can taste the icing...

mmmph, lick lick, just as I thought, delish!

 

actual 1800's gowns in a person's manor house closet



 a good thing

 we were out for a walk, in the "now summer all year long colorado" when we noticed new to us neighbors. 

they were doing spring yardwork, and we all chatted a good 15 min. I LOVED them... they moved into the house formally owned by Milo's friend Murphy, and we started over my mention of the apple trees that are so fruit laden every year. I remember when Murphy's mom planted them. 

The new neighbors said feel free to pluck some when you walk by! I said, the previous owner never offered, and well we found so much common ground. It didn't hurt that the woman said Milo is so cute and a standard poodle right? 

They were so friendly and such a relief from our usual belligerent neighbors, that I said maybe there's hope. I repeated their names three times. Now I think (awesome) Amber and (Native) Nick like a dancer taught me years ago. Associate a name with a same first letter adjective. 

 Our Prompt this week

if you came home to a beautiful multi- course meal made by your husband (let's assume he can cook) what would you hope it was? What would be your favorite meal? If it's too much of a stretch that he made it, assume he got if from a favorite restaurant? Tell us what the courses are... 

I think he might have to get this from Little Italy in Baltimore (so it's not happening) 

starters a shrimp in a bread bowl coated in garlic cream sauce for starters

a beautiful tossed salad 

Chicken marsala with lots of sauce, bread to dip in it, mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus  

some kind of decadent amaretto cake for dessert with a nice espresso

rose champagne from Lake placid to sip through the meal... 

ahhhhh

Milo's moments

sometimes I have remorse so I lie down til it goes away

I was looking for a certain photo of baby milo and ran across this post, and laughed and laughed (now that he's grown) please enjoy

https://lapaylor.blogspot.com/2018/03/ 

 

please visit these people to see what they liked this week! let me know if you did a post to include 

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/


 
 
   LINKING WITH 

               friday smiles

 

19 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

oooh this rolls... we love them... and how was the icing Milo? good?

Tigger's Mum said...

The idea of coming home to any meal cooked for me is so outrageous that I would settle for cauliflower in cheese sauce (which is about all that he can cook - he could in no way be described as a foodie).

Helen said...

Suddenly I find myself craving a really good cinnamon roll.

Susie H said...

So glad to hear you may have some nice & friendly neighbors. It sure makes life sweeter! Maybe not quite as sweet as those cinnamon rolls but Very Close! Lol!

Angela said...

Oh, I love a good cinnamon roll but I am not much of a baker. Milo is adorable in his guilt!

PaintedThread said...

That sculpture is pretty - and knowing its background, I can see why you like it. We've been having that see-saw weather, too! mmm... Those cinnamon rolls look great. Milo - what a mess you had made!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your cinnamon rolls look yummy! I'm so glad you met a new neighbor who is friendly, too. That makes such a difference! Love Milo's guilty look in that photo - oops, Mom, it was an accident! Happy Thursday!

Mari said...

If I came home to a full-course meal, I would know for sure I walked into the wrong house! LOL!

Brian's Home Blog said...

That metal house sculpture is very pretty and boy do those cinnamon rolls look delicious. Milo, was the icing yummy? We loved your happy shredding photos too. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Judy Biggerstaff said...

Oh those rolls! They look delicious. Cute metal piece too. So colorful!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Your ornament storage box is fantastic. Just the perfect thing for the job. Many moons ago I made one of these from a dot-matrix printer paper box (that's a LONG time ago)! I cut the notches in the dividers by hand quite carefully with a box cutter. We still use that box - it's held up from the 80s. Survivor is back on! Woohoo! We are also enjoying a show called Wild Cards on the CW, and Tracker on CBS. Your cinnamon rolls look to die for - I can only imagine how good they smelled while baking. Poor Milo, although the frosting might be considered the best part by some people. Yay for having nice neighbors!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

sonja said...

when we first started out, i cooked a lot and when he cooked, we dined out.
fast forward 47 years, i still cook, mostly mediterranean, but when i can't get going, he fires up the toaster oven and crisps up a cauliflower supreme pizza. what Mari said was priceless.i LOL!

Annie said...

Cinnamon is not nor me….sadly I think I am a little allergic to it so I avoid it. Why do dogs look so cute when they have been naughty?
Hugs,
Annie x

Lisca said...

I love those cinnamon rolls! I must make some again soon.
Your ornament storage box is perfect! I want one too!
I watched part of the video about the 18th century clothes in the chest.How amazing! I got as far as the face cream. When she started talking about the face cream, I switched off.
Now I live along, there is no chance of someone to cook me a meal. But my fav meal would be seafood and a scrumptious dessert, some very special wine like a Chablis, and oysters to start off. (Dream on girl!)
Have a good weekend,
Lisca

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your cinnamon rolls look so good. I can almost smell them! I love the ornament storage box. I should get one. My ornaments aren't organized very well. I can't blame Milo. I might have done the same thing!!

Kathleen said...

The ornament storage box is a great thing! Love the puppy Milo pics. My husband has one or two meals he puts on and I am ever grateful for them (spinach ravioli with pesto!). It is a great relief to have it.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

So awesome...had a smile on my face all the way through. Our nearest neighbours are formal but in a friendly manner. The last two owners have been with the military so I think they are busy.They both have said if we need help to come to them which I really appreciated. Neat ornament box and oh my, homemade cinnamon buns...make no wonder Milo is upset he doesn't get one!! We all want one!!

Sara said...

I'm so glad you have new - and friendly - neighbors.

Your prompt cracked me up - because my husband goes to the gym most days and about once every couple weeks he shows up at home with lunch from Taco Johns. Whether I want it or not. LOL But last week one day he stopped at a local bakery and brought home 2 Creme Brulés to have with supper that night. That was a winner!!

I'm so happy to have Survivor on again, and So Help Me Todd, and Young Sheldon. Looking forward to Amazing Race too.

We had a weird 70 degree day yesterday. It was lovely, but definitely not normal for SD in winter.

mamapez5 said...

You have such a lovely positive attitude and always find things to smile about.
Milo makes me smile a lot. Those connamon rolls look very tasty. I am not surprised Milo wanted one!
Lovely to have -nice- new neighbours. I wish we did. We have empty houses on both sides, a green zone at the back, and the house opposite isan airbnb with very high walls and gates so we only glipse visitors as they arrive or leave.
As for the meal, I can honestly say food does not excite me any more. As long as I am not hungry, I don't really mind what we have. But Hubby and I have very different tastes anyway so we would never agree on a menue we could share. But we have enough to eat so that is something to be grateful for. Kate x