Thursday, February 22, 2024

I Like Thursday # 390 favorite couples, fine dining, art and a poodle

 

one of my little paintings this week
really light on likes this week, but here goes

 We made zucchini bites again this week, this time using the little muffin size and they came out perfect!It made 16 small bite sized (two bites) appetizers and we had them during the week with my dip made of yogurt, onion powder, garlic powder, and chives. 



I tried making some lemon mousse this week, 

 

I chilled it in a bowl before making a more fancy presentation

fresh lemon juice and I added in some zest

sugar, water, (arrowroot to thicken instead of corn starch) 

cream whipped with sugar and almond extract.

 Recipe : Here on youtube

 

I like my calendar art this month 

 Watching on video

time to clean up around here (short video funny)

https://youtube.com/shorts/ruZiHafJXoQ?si=PM82cAOXMh-Jvg8i

 prompt this week

who is your favorite TV or movie fictional couple? Why do you like them? if not a tv/movie fan, what about books? 

here is a whole episode  on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbhzIqeK_EM

I like the banter on Mad about you... it felt like real marriages. I loved the scene where Paul says something negative about Jamie, she says something like well I do "whatever" and he says, "but it's Okay"... I also refer to the Thanksgiving episode of him offering to help, he starts to cut carrots and 

is S L O W  and she says, you can't go too fast, and that's our experience here too!

Luke and Lorelei on Gilmore Girls... better together both of them

Baby and Danny in Dirty Dancing, the actors didn't like each other but that didn't stop the on screen chemistry from being really hot.  I liked that they judged each other on character not economic lines

the Birdcage... love knows no bounds

Milo's moments
I could eat what's left, so you don't have to put it away!

Mama: Milo! Milo! Where are you??? Oh, what are you doing in the studio without me?
 
that gray pile of blankets is my dog
 Milo: Huh? just a little after lunch nap Mama... I know you come up here after lunch, I just beat you this time! Ha ha I'm first! Just like every time we go up the stairs, I always beat you and get there first! 

Mama: yep, you're fast. Is it because you're young or that you have 4 legs ? 

I covered him up when I found him
 Milo: we all have strengths and weaknesses like I don't have thumbs... the things that help you make food, speaking of which why don't you bake something for us? 

Mama: you had a zucchini bite... 

Milo: sure but only one and it was gone in a flash while you took a long time to eat yours. The way I see it, I should have as many as it takes to finish eating at the same time as you.

Mama: hmmm well I don't think that logic will hold up, as Daddy eats as fast as you do 

Milo: all I know is you are a good cook, and I want all the food you make! 

please visit these folks to see what they liked this week, and see what tv or movie couples they like

if you do a post let me know to add your link in

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/


 
 
   LINKING WITH 

               friday smiles

 

13 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

the zucchini bites look great... they are perfect for a garden party... milo we spend the days undercover too... it's too wet outside..

Tigger's Mum said...

I have loads of grated zucchini in the freezer so might try those bites

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! The zucchini bites look delicious! Milo is such a good helper, offering to eat those leftovers for you. No need to find a container for it! Happy Thursday to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

Babajeza said...

Под ногами что то мешается There's somthing under foot. :-)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your zucchini bites look yummy and the lemon mousse, too! Loved the video of picking up the puppies with the dust pan, too. Very creative idea! Milo knows where the fun is - the sewing room!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your art sure is pretty and the bites look really yummy! Milo, I hope you got to finish your snoozy time pal. Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Cloudia said...

A great art message! Aloha Milo!

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2024/02/defiant-kindness.html?m=0

PaintedThread said...

Lemon mousse looks tasty.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

You always make the best food. The zucchini bites and lemon mousse look great! I love your artwork. Beautiful!!

Sara said...

The zucchini bites sound delicious! So does the lemon mousse.

Hmmm - I can't narrow down my favorite couples. Mad About You was a really good show, and yes it was the banter. Good writing for excellent actors.

Annie said...

I love Milo's logic about food....Milly agrees with it :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Love yo9ur art calendar for Feb. Those zucchini bites sound delicious. LOVE Milo's logic. He's one bright boy.

I guess my favorite TV couple is Marin and Louisa Ellingham from Doc Martin, now that their series is no longer airing (SOB)!!!

Michelle said...

I am glad to see Milo taking it easy under that blankets! Just like my dog I am sure he has a hard life. lol Thanks for linking up.