Thursday, February 15, 2024

I Like Thursday #389 good food, good art, first crushes, and a poodle

recent painting and doodles

 welcome to this week's list of likes

Fine dining

I made a pot of garbanzo bean soup, with fond memories of eating many bowls of it in Ybor City... it was easy and so good, many recipes online, I chose vegetarian version without sausage. 

I think leeks make every savory dish better
and I tried a new to me appetizer on Sunday... zucchini bites. 

grate one zucchini, salt and let weep out liquid, squeeze that out and add eggs, 4 tbsp oat flour, grated cheddar cheese and bake... I made a dipping sauce to go with, greek yogurt, chives, onion powder, bit of lemon.

for the first time my cinnamon bread came out dry and dense, so I made French toast with it...


and later bread pudding, a breakfast of champions!


Writing

I've been writing a lot of essays, for a memoir, and I think if someone asked what I do, I'd say, 

" I write" 

Once I said "student" then, "social worker" then many interesting jobs to earn money,  leading to Speaking/teaching/entertaining quilt guilds, then " artist"  Artist covers a lot of territory, but creating is always my main interest with paint/fabric or words.


 Beading

finished!

not many supplies needed

 I love beading, so I finally got supplies together and made this one.... I like how the seed beads look like diamonds. Instead of putting on a clasp, I made it long enough to go over my head.


 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUorVakvLhY&list=TLPQMDcwMjIwMjS4ZQ9vZc-ZOQ&index=1

   Drawing/painting

When I heard it was a friend's birthday, and recently learning she enjoys hedgehogs, I looked them up on google images. I thought I'd try to draw one, and well, looking at them closely I sort of fell in love with them... I drew/painted this on just a scrap of copier paper

and kind of wish I'd done it on nicer paper, but I really loved looking at this next to my computer all week... happy birthday Angie.

 Reading on audio books:

listening to a novel by a fave author, fascinating premise. A woman ends up staying at a house that leads her to a possible past life, 


Prompt this week

Who was your first crush? (Real or fictional?) how old were you, how did you feel, were you a romantic?  

well, in first grade, I kissed, and was kissed by Ricky Puleo   by the back fence. First grade, and he was so cute. I ran into him years later, we were both working in schools, and recognized each other immediately!!! He was still so cute. 

I had a crush on a neighbor, a year old than I. Mike, and I remember about age 12, we were sitting on my front steps one day, and he looked over suddenly serious, and said "I'd want to go with you, but you're a little too fat" crush turns crushing. Oh, I said, well, goodbye. I was chubby which in those days of the late 1960's was the kiss of death for romance. Nowadays it's called curvy and acceptable. 

Steve McQueen became a born-again Christian, found comfort in Billy Graham  before succumbing to cancer: book | Fox News
Steve McQueen

I had some man crushes on tv stars and musicians... Adam on Bonanza, Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees, Paul Newman, Steve McQueen. Kurt Russel just a bit older than I,

Kurt Russell in Follow Me Boys! great movie | Famous faces, Celebrities  male, Hooray for hollywood

The actor that played the son on the Rifleman show... 

38 Pernell Roberts-Adam Cartwright on Bonanza ideas ...
oh, Adam...

Always romantic, even my Barbie and Ken led romantic lives at my control. I spoke for both of them, he was always attentive to her. I think I must have written complete movies for them with dialogue. 

Barbie's 9 greatest cars - Hagerty Media

I knew what a romance was from Rock Hudson. I had daydreams of a boy that would hold my hand and dance with me and bring candy and flowers, and be able in my dreams of picking me up. 

Milo's Moment

I'm Mama's crush now!!! bol!
I don't have much to share this week. Oh the usual eat/sleep/play/poop... be kind to animals y'all, after all you're officially animals too. Love you... Milo the good

now visit these folk to see what they liked this week

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/

 
 
   LINKING WITH 

               friday smiles

 


12 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

the hedgehog is super cute... and the zucchini bites look tasty!!! we are with Milo ... this time is sleeping time

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Happy Thursday to you. Yummy looking soup - we made some this week, too. I love soup with lots of veggies in it. It's delicious and warming on a cold and damp day. The zucchini bites look yummy, too. Great use of your cinnamon bread that was too dry! I never would have thought to make either one. Your little hedgehog is so sweet! I'd say you were better off without Mike. No manners and "fat" is not PC. I went more for Robert Redford than Paul Newman - but those blue eyes!!! ~Swoon Oh, and Rock Hudson!!! I love him and Doris in Pillow Talk and several others. And sweet Milo - I hope y'all had a Happy Valentine's Day. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Oh, Mackey Dolenz - yes! Always my favorite Monkee! Your soup and those zucchini bites look yummy. Happy Thursday!

Sandy said...

We had many of the same tv favorites. Adam on Bonanza was sooooooo good looking, but somewhere I remember reading he wasn't well liked. He apparently was hard to get along with. All your food is making me hungry. Had some stomach issues this am, so haven't eaten anything. Cute cute craft projects. You're very busy.
Sandy's Space

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

And apparently I can't spell today! *Mickey!*

Sara said...

Cinnamon bread makes wonderful French toast! Yum! And yes - I had a big crush on Kurt Russell too.

Angela said...

Oh, I want to try the zucchini bites!

Scrapatches said...

I always enjoy reading your colorful and lively posts. That little hedgehog is just adorable. My hubby and I just watched a very old Steve McQueen movie, The Great Escape. He certainly played a interesting character in that one. I have never really had any kind of celebrity crush although I will watch movies or listen to music for anyone whose performances have caught my eye and that I really like. Please give Mr. Handsome Poodle an ear scratch for me. I love following his adventures. Happy Thursday ... :) Pat

Brian's Home Blog said...

All those foods look good to me, yum! Oh my goodness, your hedgehog art is so precious! Milo, I agree, you are Milo the Good...and handsome too! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

grammajudyb said...

Gosh, garbanzo bean soup sounds so good! I wonder if i could get DH to try it. He likes chili....maybe. I know I'd like it.

Love your hedgehog. You are so talented!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

You always cook the best stuff! I love seeing your artwork. You have so much talent!

PaintedThread said...

Ah, those crushes make me smile and have me reminiscing over a number of old crushes. :-)