Thursday, August 10, 2023

I Like Thursday # 362 dog days

 

lovely patio pots of wildflowers blooming
welcome to this week's short list of likes... starting with the patio pots of wildflowers. 

I'm coping and being fairly quiet by necessity. I'm enjoying tv, videos, books, and a bit of sewing. 

I'm still trying to do two posts a week, when I can, and hope to share some sewing and painting on Saturday... I added to my little quilted wardrobe this week with a pair of bell bottoms and a halter top

here's a peek

audiobooks enjoyed

finished this

a fun story about a teacher's life working at a boarding school. Fun romp by a new to me author. I plan to read all she has written now.

second book I've read by Kate Collins and I really like her style

my friend Cindy said she liked bubbly water, and we finally got some, it's really good flavored but not sweetened sparkly water


 gotta make this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS6NmVPzGvM 

 next: my new obsession the show jungle school for orphaned baby apes

School's back in.... for baby orangutans.... my heart soared with this video, and tears flowed, I related to them and how much they are like the best of us humans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZstsSHJel8&t=12s
 

EVERY time I watch I laugh out loud! (another short video)

https://youtube.com/shorts/RrVfxpPa9Lg?feature=share

 Milo's Moment

Hi y'all.... don't you like sitting on the back porch in the early evening, when your peeps are done work? 

I wanted to say I enjoyed some quiet play this week with the mama... we play the game :Roll It

I get Mama settled in her porch chair, I get on the other side of the table and chomp on my squeaky ball  for a while, to get it all wet and perfect to roll, then when they forget I'm there, I roll it under the table to surprise them! 

they always make that singsong voice I like, then say roll it, and roll it back to me and I have to grab it before it goes off the porch!

sometimes I have to get up to chase it, sometimes I telescope out my neck to grab it!

It is a good way to keep them occupied without mama having to run around. My favorite game is roll over in the grass and daddy wrestles me for the ball but they won't let me do that now, something about allergies. 

now please visit mama's friends to see what they liked this week

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

patchwork Sunday                    
oh Scrap Sundays 

friday smiles at a stitch in time   

Sunday Smiles

 

 

14 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I"m glad you're taking it easy! It looks like you are being productive and getting some books read and doing a little sewing and painting are good tasks! Always fun to see Milo!

easyweimaraner said...

oohthat is the best time... summer evening with lemonade on a porch.. watching the sunset and the pigeons...

carol l mckenna said...

Oh good to see you Milo ~ glad you and Mom are enjoying the summer ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your flowers are pretty! I have liked Jenny Colgan's books, too - I don't think I've read that one, though. Looks like Milo comes up with some good games!

Sara said...

The little halter top is adorable!!! I think each outfit you are adding to the closet is cuter than the last. I may need to look into both books you recommended as I'm in the mood for something new to read. Hope you are feeling a bit better this week.

Angela said...

I like Bubly water too, at least most flavours. Hubby likes the lime and I really don't which is unusual.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your wildflowers sure are pretty and that jungle school is sure something. Milo, you are such a sweet guy, keep taking care of your special Mama. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love Jenny Colgan. Her books are always fun to read. Such pretty flowers! I hope you're feeling a little better this week.

Annie said...

I'm pleased you're enjoying the quiet life and managing to do things that make you smile.
Hugs,
Annie x

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Aren't flowers magnificent up close! As always, this is a roundup of lovely items, all enjoyable. Milo, handsome boy that he is, is a wonderful companion.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Gorgeous flower photo, LeeAnna (and that fish looks so tasty!!)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry I'm late visiting. Hoping to be more punctual now the clean up is over. Beautiful wild flowers. Milo seems to enjoy that game, He is a good sport, too, Have a super rest of the weekend, dear LeeAnna.

Michelle said...

Summer evenings on the porch, or anywhere outside, are so lovely. Glad you are taking it easy and Milo is good company. Thanks for linking up.

Lisca said...

Lovely flowers. A joy to behold.
I loved the cod recipe. I might make that the coming week if I remember to buy capers.
I always love Milo's story. Things seem to be a bit better (healthwise)
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca