Thursday, August 24, 2023

I Like Thursday # 364

 

not new, but looks like summer right?
whew, Thursday already? I may not be well, but there is always something to like so here goes

I like pizza, and we tried this recipe for quick yeast pizza dough. 

https://www.jennycancook.com/recipes/20-minute-pizza-dough/

It came out pretty good, but next time I'd let it rise closer to 45 min, Better than our non yeast dough was... no pics, sorry I forgot. We put sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms on it, some turkey pepperoni, and mozzarella 

We found a grocery delivery co that drives refrigerated vans, saw the van while we were out walking. We are unhappy at the level of thawed food, out of date items, and rotten vege coming from Whole Foods . We got some frozen ground chicken, which whole foods doesn't sell (!!!) and I was ecstatic to make spaghetti (angel hair) and meat sauce again, my ab fab favorite meal. Delish! 

I love the miracle of veggies coming back to life when they start to go bad for eating...

exhibit one, I planted pieces of potato and they are busy making little potatoes, I hope, that might come to be before the first frost
 

My doctor wore a mask last visit, miracle! (I always wear one) which made me say I Love you to him. Most people around here won't wear one even if you ask. He had just returned from a speaking engagement in LA and I was concerned. 

I got to talk to Joy on zoom again this week,  and to my friend Diane in Texas... missed her. 

I loved this book on audio: The wonderful story, the characters, especially the reader who was clear and spoke in the lovely Irish lilt

 

now I'm listening to: I'm not done, please don't check it out yet!!!

 

I mostly listen when prepping food, or when working in studio and haven't done as much of either this week, so I'm behind on my roster of audio books. I hear faster than I read! ( I read at night) 

I enjoyed the finale of the Bachelorette, am catching up on Love Island episodes, and enjoying the Bravo Real housewives of NYC. Project runway has been great but is approaching the end of this season, Big Brother is still fun, We are almost at the end of the season for Murdoch Mysteries. We still watch Chateau DIY during lunch... watching people fix up chateaux is a dream. I've liked The Chase game show very much. As always I love youtube videos of animals... 

owning a dog.... made me laugh out loud... it's one of the very short videos

https://youtube.com/shorts/5kYhW0Eem7U?feature=share 

this dog wants to bring his stick in...Milo always wants what's in to be out, and what's out to be in

https://youtube.com/shorts/ugbioXzaNec?si=shPZywo9x0x1xmQH 

 Milo here, finally, with, big-poodle-sigh  nothing new to tell you... what a boring poodle life we live at the moment. Don't get me wrong... I like things... I like cookies, the ones Mama makes : pumpkin oatmeal, and rice applesauce almond butter. I like to have my chew toy stuffed and ready for me to dig into while the pawrents eat dinner. 

I like that I just got my octopus skint and empty and floppy, just like I like it, and I like getting a NEW octopus too! 

I was so excited I couldn't stand still!

posing is overrated

 I do not like the pawrents pawing at the new toy to take off tags, giveittomeI'lldoit!Stop! Don't cut off a leg! Oh My Dog! 

I don't understand why my play room bed feels like my toys, and why mama insists on me not putting it in my toy box,

so I drag it over to the toy box, and after I go to bed, Mama drags it back to her chair... what must she do when I go up to bed at night?

please visit these peeps to see what they liked this week, forgive Mama for not being on the computer as much... she'll be back later I hope

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

patchwork Sunday                    
oh Scrap Sundays 

friday smiles at a stitch in time   

Sunday Smiles

 



15 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we planted potatoes too in some old pots, I wonder if we get some ;O)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That's a fun wall-hanging! Your books sound good, and so does spaghetti. I needed an idea for dinner! The video of the dog with his stick made me laugh! And Milo with a new octopus - have fun, Milo!

Sara said...

Milo just cracks me up! You know that's probably EXACTLY what he's thinking! LOL

How disappointing to get poor quality food deliveries. If they do a lot of deliveries it would only make sense to have better refrigeration on their delivery vehicle. I've been on an angel hair pasta kick lately too.

Cloudia said...

Boring is good, Milo!
Enjoy your wonderful weekend friends!

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I love your summer wall hanging. So festive! So glad to see Milo is happy!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I love your flower quilt - so bright and happy. Milo is so cute with his little toys. I really think you can read his mind! Lol! Love that you plant the veggies. I grew some green onions and an avocado tree once. x K

Brian's Home Blog said...

Yum, pizza sure sounds good to me. I sure hope you feel better soon and get some answers. Milo, that's a fancy octopus you've got there! Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Michelle said...

I am already planning a potato project for next spring. I hope your plant yields some veg before it gets too cold. Thanks for linking up!

sonja said...

love that jenny is smart and funny and can cook! i really enjoy her cook tutorials' and like wandering about in her kitchen while she makes me smarter! Oh, i have a sweet potato starting to make lottsa greens leaves in my raised box. just have to keep it watered along with Shang hi cabbages aka baby bok choi. i hope you are gaining health and getting answers and care from your docs.
have a good weekend Leana!

Linda said...

I like your wall hanging. We like pizza too. It is so hot on the patio where our little pizza oven lives, but at least it only take 15 minutes or so from start to finish. Glad you found a recipe you like. I try to make a couple batches of dough and freeze one - I use Bobby Flay's recipe. Too bad about Whole Foods and glad you found an alternative source.

Lisca said...

Your wall hanging is beautiful!
Pizza sounds nice, I must make pizza again, havent't done for the longest time.
Milo makes me smile.
You seem to get to watch a lot of tv programs. You must watch tv every night, all night. I don't usually have a lot of time to watch tv. By the time I get to sit down and relax, it's too late.I want to get into my bed time routine. (I write a diary and do devotions etc before I go to sleep)
I have a (bad) habit of reading while eating. I read ebooks from my iPad, propped up behind my plate. (and I sometimes read a boring book at night to help me go to sleep!)
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Kathleen said...

Hooray for that wonderful doctor who wore a mask! Hope you get some answers or some relief. Just went back to PT for my ankle. Like this new guy...hope I can get rid of the occasional limp and stiffness. Going to Ireland in October...should I get the book for fun? Take care my friend and enjoy that sweet pup!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I always love to aee Milo he's such a sweetie. Where would we be without Zoom! it'a a god send. Have a great weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

Sandy said...

LOVE the art work, so colorful it made me smile. I've never made pizza from scratch; but our Friday night tradition is always pizza. We have several good spots near us so change up where we order from. Made note of The Irish Boarding House, that looks good. I love audio books and always listen while doing dinner prep, laundry, or going for a walk. I'm not a fast reader and I love having the accents when you listen to an audio book.
Sandy's Space

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

You always have such fun and interesting posts. I keep thinking I must remember that as I read. I've had to back off the bread this summer...I think I'm a little gluten sensitive as I get more of a belly when I eat more bread, which I do love. I was glad to read you are getting out for walks, I'm sure pacing yourself. Endless amusement there with Milo. Ned is on an anti itch med, he was scratching a lot and it is working beautifully. I think that heat and humidity did him in. He'll be happier now that the temps have cooled off. Thinking about you!