Thursday, August 17, 2023

I Like Thursday # 363

 

welcome to this week's list of likes... a very short list because I'm still dealing with body problems but there were things to like

Such as, talking to my friend Cindy and catching up... worth more than gold is a good friend! We spent an amount of time talking about embroidery, and families, and the Outlander series.... she is ahead of me because I need to join starz to see the next two seasons. Jamie and Claire....ahh.... Scottish accents... kilts

I got to zoom with Joy this week, yea! It's been a long time and she is a steadfast Joy in my life for sure! We chatted about art, and life, and if we were queens... you know.... the connection between good friends who are happy to be together 

A good thing

the cutlery drawer fell out of the cabinet this week, and by some miracle mama leapt out of the way and saved her poor feet! Yea! Thank you to my angels. I hurt my back but that was the far better alternative!

 fine dining

I tried the cod picatta recipe I included last week.... it was....fairly good but I overcooked the fish a bit

 


not great, not bad, we had it one night with rice and vege, and then for a lunch warm open faced sandwiches. Usually lunches here are not as involved, so I am grateful for left-overs

I've been spending more time in front of the TV at night, distracting... Loving some shows on now, bachelorette, and the next bachelor is smart, funny, and kind and 71 years of age! Finally ! 

Big Brother is fun this time... but they have divided themselves along age boundaries. People just look for reasons to be divided don't they? Like we can only be friends with someone exactly like us.... what a bore! To be friends you must match somewhat in what you value, and shared interests are a bonus, but the really important part it to be trustworthy and accept the differences with grace and appreciation! 

We are still finishing up this season of Murdoch Mysteries, and Cindy told me about a new to me series I might like, if I join Hulu... oy vey. 

I signed up to sort of take an upcycling workshop with Rebecca Page this week.... it's free online so if I don't see much this time, it's okay

reading the Edwina and Beryl mystery still, slow reader at night. Tried to listen to some audio books but sent them back. 

I like the new 90 day fiance, the last resort. Some couples, from different countries, over the years married on the show, and now are in couples counseling for 2 weeks, and it's going to be fascinating!

I finished up the lady's wardrobe, posted it on Saturday . Two examples...

satin strapless dress of brocade

hip huggers and halter top

and am now sewing a sunflower piece, with lots of little pieces and using my hand dyed stash. 

it's so pretty so far!

 I've watched a lot of Jerry Seinfeld comedians in cars but brought this one for you to laugh at

 I was in from the first joke, and laughed through the whole thing. Two very funny men enjoying each other's company and having breakfast

Milo's Moment

we're all dealing with some sickness around here, I have bad bad ears. Mama, well she's not herself and Daddy's eye is trouble again. We need a poodle shaman, send us one!

around late afternoon, I keep an eye on Mama and if she starts to whimper and go upstairs, I go too, in case we are going to get on the big bed for a nap in the AC. It's been vewy hot here.
 


I'm grateful Daddy washed my winter boots

please visit these peeps to see what they liked this week, forgive Mama for not being on the computer as much... she'll be back later I hope

grammajudyb.blogspot.com

patchwork Sunday                    
oh Scrap Sundays 

friday smiles at a stitch in time   

Sunday Smiles

 

13 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

we love the pieces of the wardrobe... and we wish you all a fast and good recovery... hugs&potp

Linda said...

Milo's boots - lol! Your lady's fashion pieces are really pretty. Wishing you happy times and good feels and lots of hugs!

Helen said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on that sunflower design!

Sara said...

Hope everyone in your household is finding better health soon. Dave was having terrible back issues early this summer, but seems to finally be nearly back to normal after lots of physical therapy. Of course normal for him is minor pain rather than the spasms and major pain. Although he was up in the middle of the night last night with back spasms again. This getting old is the pits!

I just heard a vet talking the other day on TV about sidewalk heat being so dangerous for dog's poor feet. It was shocking when they showed the temp of a sidewalk. Yikes!

I'm looking forward to September and some new seasons beginning - like Survivor.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your meal with the cod and rice looks yummy! It's easy to overcook fish, though - I always think it can't have been cooking long enough, when it really has. Your sunflower block looks like it will be a pretty one. I'll have to watch the Seinfeld video - laughter is always good medicine!

Brian's Home Blog said...

You sure have been keeping busy but dang, that's a lot of not feeling good. Purrs and hugs from all of us to all of you. Milo, good job watching out for your Mama pal. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

PaintedThread said...

I want those dresses for myself! :-) Love the fringe on those bell bottoms. That sunflower will be so pretty when you're done. Stay cool (and feel better).

Michelle said...

I hope you will feel better soon and glad that drawer missed your feet!!! Sorry to hear about Milo's ears. My dog, Calvin, has had ear trouble the past week. He is finally on the mend. Take care and thank you for linking up.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...


Sorry to read you three are not well. Your video wouldn't play, but I do hope all of you get better soon.

We don't have the same taste in shows. I'll stick with PBS. I DO wish I got Murdock Murders. I used to watch it on a local channel.

Your outfits are amazing, LeeAnna. They are both clever and well done. Wish I could wear halter tops, but no such luck. I would wear either of the dresses, though. Have a a peaceful weekend, dear. I know what you mean about a hurt back.

Lisca said...

Oh gosh, I hope you all feel better soon.
I can't see the video unfortunately (They tell me 'video no longer available').
I just looove your Ladies Wardrobe! So pretty!
And Milo's shoes are great! I suppose dogs need shoes to protect their feet from the extreme cold or extreme heat (think walking on a beach in hot sand).
Enjoy your weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca

Jody said...

I love your wardrobe pieces.
I am sending you healing energy and love so that you are soon feeling much much better. Sad you are going through this right now.
Sending you all love and hugs!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Look at that! I made the list of Likes. :o))
What do I like? I like that you didn't have a doctor appointment and you were feeling up to Zooming with me!

Kathleen said...

Thinking of you as you deal with this body that is not cooperating. So glad you dodged the drawer when it fell out! Love your little paper pieced blocks and glad you can do some of those to keep you busy in between. Sharing your Joy about speaking with friends! Love to see Milo and so glad his boots are clean.