Saturday, September 18, 2021

sewing saturday orange rules!

 For this week's sewing round up I have a lot of orange... 

the bats and boos quilt is in process of being quilted now
love a scrappy pin cushion

remember back to the 70's?? I do... The colors were earthy harvest gold, avocado green , chocolate brown, and hanging on was 60's orange. I didn't like it then but now that I mix my own orange paint, 

 and have so many pretty orange fabrics I realize the sparkle it can give artwork. 

I did the large hexie kaleidoscope blocks in orange


and looked at them with the others... how pretty it will be!

I made a tablecloth from fabric that refused to be put back in it's drawer...

and hardly worried at all about making something with the cute fabric as it's still basically just fabric!

 I chose two silly orange fabrics to make my sweaters of the month in RSC colors... Imagine walking down the street wearing these! ( Imagine walking down the street again safely...) I really want a black sheep sweater myself... I've never felt like I fit in...

the whole drawer full so far...

I didn't quilt in the 70's but did in the 80's. I owned brown sheets, so chic according to my sister who was tired of girly sheets. I had orange toned towels and funny enough when we moved to Colorado I got a lovely terracotta shade of towels. My husband thinks my favorite color is still purple but I am currently leaning toward turquoise... and coral. 

I love all the colors and learned from painting that all the colors are needed. 

I also like many artforms but so far always return to sewing. How about you?

Linking to

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays

patchwork Sunday                    
oh Scrap Sundays 

scrap happy Saturdays

19 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm loving all the orange! And those little shirts are such fun. I'd say you have fall fever, or maybe you just like orange. I do. Have a great weekend!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looking forward to seeing your Bats and Boos quilt finish! And the sweaters are so cute. You have the vest novelty fabrics!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
Another creative week just flew by !
Your Bat's and Boo's is looking great! As well as all the orange fabrics and painted pumkins !
We're enjoying watching New Amsterdam on Netfix ! much more enjoyable with out all the commercial breaks.
hugs, take care,
Joanne

Sara said...

When we remodeled the kitchen in our previous house - in about 2003 - we put in hickory cabinets, and painted the kitchen and dining room walls a lovely terra cotta color. It looked so cozy. And I love orange in my quilts. The little orange sweater made me smile because I had that fabric in red and purple.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Your large Hexies are really pretty, and those little sweaters are cute..have a great day!

Kaja said...

Orange is the colour of the moment, I think. It is just happy and warm and we all need a bit of that.

scraphappy said...

I agree about needing all the colors. Even orange and brown.

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Orange...the color of autumn! Beautiful.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Beautiful blocks, I love the orange hexie kaleidoscope, and this little black sheep sweater is so pretty! I could wear one too ;))
Thank you for sharing, and linking up today with Patchwork & Quilts!

CountryDew said...

Your creativity always astounds me.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

I would love to wear pretty much every sweater you have cut out so far. They are too fun.

Thanks for linking up with Oh Scrap!

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

Love the pumpkins and the patches are pretty, The little shirts are fun too.
Have a lovely week...

Susie H said...

Oh those orange hexies make my heart beat! The sweaters are awfully cute too. I too love all colors but I'm usually partial to green. That said, as of the past few years I've been leaning towards orange! I like all forms of textile art -- embroidery, knitting, quilting, needlepoint, cross stitch, etc. I always come back to the quilting!

Ann said...

Yes! We need all the colors. I like coral, too, but orange is my husband's favorite. The sweaters always make me laugh. Adorable.

Judy Hansen said...

Beautiful orange features on your post. What are the sweaters going to become? You are certainly not afraid of color! Hugs, Judy

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Oh you did so well with breaking out the oranges! I had a smile on my face all the way through this post.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

Of course I remember the 70's colors. Pumpkin, avocado and mustard. Very toned and muted. I like the warmth you bring with your oranges. So happy and playful.

The Joyful Quilter said...

How on earth did it take me an entire week to see your post??? SEW many fun ORANGE things!! Bats and Boos QAL is looking lovely. Nice work on getting your RSC blocks done, LeeAnna!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Love the pumpkin on your bats and boos!