Friday, September 10, 2021

paint party Friday petals and lettering

For paint party Friday today, I have a series of my creative exercises of morning paintings (done in 5-10 min) They are small enough to turn into greeting cards, often on torn watercolor paper. 

three colors of imaginary flowers that started from this...

I painted a very quick flower on  printer paper scrap I use for notes... on the left below

I liked it although when you paint on printer paper the color attaches immediately and the water distorts rather than moving the color around like it does on 140 lb watercolor paper (on the right) 

I loved it, the energy, and lines, the tiny dots like stamens. You can compare how the same paint and brush impacts the two weights of paper. 


this had more orange mixed in, and my "chop" on the back


 

inspiration in my wildflower patio pot

more faces painted, drawn quickly on printer paper scraps while watching youtube videos

She has a face with character and I drew her with watercolor pencil all in brown, from a history video host I was watching

this one was just to see a portrait done in green pencil

and while watching videos I watched one on lettering... using block letters 10 ways

just in the sketchbook

 Link here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MYUDh24Gqc

Linking to


https://paintpartyfriday.blogspot.com/

http://floralfridayfoto.blogspot.com/




15 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

love your drawings... amazing how much ideas and thoughts find their way to a picture what says what we feel..

My name is Erika. said...

Lovely art. I haven't been by for a bit so it is nice to stop by again.

Molly the Airedale said...

Your work is always so beautiful. Love the bachelor button flower!

Sara said...

Love that purple/blue wild flower! It is a perfect inspiration. The block lettering lesson reminds me of the doodling I used to do in school notebooks. I would pick a word I had written down and just start playing with it.

carol l mckenna said...

Favorite is the floral art work ~ divine simplicity ~ Xo

Living in the moment,

A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Dixie @ Arranged Words said...

I especially love your torn cards. What a great idea.
Happy PPF!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Your paintings are all very pretty!

Christine said...

Lovely flowers we can learn so much from youtube.

LA Paylor said...

haha I love tutorial videos but these were on lettering not flowers. Flowers come from my heart

WendyK said...

Lovely flower paintings.

Valerie-Jael said...

Love the flower paintings, great idea. Happy PPF, Valerie

Linda Kunsman said...

Wonderful variety of art projects- the flowers are especially lovely. happy PPF!

Gillena Cox said...

Fun flower paintings. Lovely face sketches.
Happy weekend

Muchđź’–love

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Just wonderful!

DVArtist said...

These are just lovely.