Saturday, August 7, 2021

Sunday Questions for fun

 

Sunday questions from Sunday Stealing (https://sundaystealing.blogspot.com/)

1.  What is the nearest book to you?  Your Kindle does not count.

Almost Everything by Anne Lamott.

 I am reading and listening to audio books on my kindle app mostly since the shutdown however. I really like series, am listening to Laura Child's teashop mystery at the moment, while I work in the studio.

2.  When was the last time you took a "me" vacation

they're all for me or it's not a vacation. The last one was to CT, before we moved West. My favorites were our yearly visit to Lake Placid. Best work related vacay was to Santa Barbara when dh was offered a job there.

3.  How many telephone numbers do you have?

not as many as some people, but I have the numbers of good friends who are fun to talk to and service providers we might need

4.  If you could fix one thing in the public school system, what is the one thing you would do immediately?
teach critical thinking skills. Americans seem to have stumbled in how to use factual information and decide if info is reputable or someone's hidden agenda. For instance when many police officers testify the same thing and there is real footage of same event that corroborates it, then it happened.


5.  What's your favorite Olympic event?

Curling... then skating and now artistic swimming! Did you catch that? All the fab costumes and athleticism needed to stay upside down in the water, not breathing while in danger of being given a concussion from being kicked in the head? Awesome!

6.  Do you watch the Olympics?

always. I love the odd events and always try to see some of each thing. This year sailing was new to me, canoe thru rapids, fencing (why the screaming) skateboarding (are you kidding me?) and rhythmic gymnastics (adults playing with hula hoops) all new to me. I enjoy learning about countries I've never heard of, seeing the joy of an athlete doing their best, and the NZ team doing a Haka after winning soccer. 

7.  Who is your favorite sports team player?

The footballer Rashad Jennings who was on the dating game recently, has such nice manners, is pretty outstandingly attractive, was on Dancing with the stars, wrote a book and is studying to be a marriage counselor. He's got it all. I never saw him play football!

8.  If you could travel in a spaceship to any planet, which planet would you like to visit and why?

ewww none.... earth is all I can handle and I can't handle it well now that the climate has gone crazy from humans

9.  When was the last time you sat in a church?

a grief ceremony at a church in Newport RI while we were on a long weekend visit. We had just lost our beloved poodle Cole, our son for 14 years. The minister was lovely to us. 

I pray and am a Christian but organized religions are not for me. Again, I believe in critical thinking skills and pray for guidance, but do not want another human to tell me how to be a good person, or that I'm not. That was my experience, and I even went to a church college one year. I believe each person seeking God will find God.

10.  Are there any aspects of blogging that annoy you?

Blogger has made it all much harder than it was when I began, so that sometimes it's a struggle to even post. I am down to basically two posts a week, a list of things I liked that week on Thursdays, and artistic offerings on Saturdays. And I do love doing the questions here, and the others who answer them too.

11. Have you ever gone to a party and snooped in the medicine cabinet? no, too busy meeting people, dancing, eating and drinking for that!

12.Do you watch reality TV? Oh I love many of them. Reality tv is really news shows though, the others are competition shows with real people and I enjoy watching them. I also love the Bravo Housewives franchises. Otherwise I like Survivor, Amazing Race, American Idol, Jeopardy, Bachelor, Making it, Project Runway, Top Chef, lots.

13.  How many people can you call who have known you since you were in school?

I really only keep up with one, we've been friends since 4th grade all through high school, college years and today. I keep up with one I taught alongside as well.

14. Who, when, and where was your first kiss?

speaking of first grade... Ricky P. kissed me by the fence at recess! We met again years later as teachers and he remembered it too! Otherwise, if you mean romantically... I can't remember really but suspect it was high school. I remember who I learned how to really kiss with, a band member and church friend Dennis... we practiced and I think we could have won a contest.

15. You just got thrown out of your country.  Where do you want to become a citizen?

Canada first. I loved living there for a while and loved the people I met there. Next, we've thought about moving to France, not Paris, somewhere quiet. 

When I found out I was adopted I found out my birth father was first gen American from Italian family so I'd like to try living there and finding family. Earl Cerone was his name I think but my spelling is no doubt wrong, do you know him?

 

9 comments:

Me, Myself, and I said...

You are so right about critical thinking....

Plastic Mancunian said...

#11. I thought that was a weird question too - and I agree with your answer.

#15. Paris is great for the sights but it is quite unfriendly. My favourite place is Nice - it's really nice (if you will pardon the pun).

:o)

Cheers

PM

Lori said...

I enjoy learning about the other countries and the stories of the athletes as well during the Olympics. Loved your answers! Have a nice day!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

CountryDew said...

Blogger has made things more difficult, hasn't it. I have managed to find work-arounds for most issues, or figure them out, but they certainly did mess it up.

Kwizgiver said...

I watch the same shows you listed!

Kim said...

#1... you are the only other person I know who has read/listened to Laura Childs and the teashop books. I LOVE them!
http://inmywords.kimdeister.com/2021/08/08/sunday-stealing-this-and-that/

Rosemary Dickinson said...

This is such a nice way of getting to know you.

Bev Sykes said...

I love curling too! I have enjoyed the oddball events in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, even the ones played by people in countries I know nothing about (like the 3x3 basketball game between Russia and Latvia).

Lolasdiner said...

You can blog from your iphone using the
Blog Touch App. That’s what I do. I’m rarely on my laptop. The App developer really looks at comments too. When Apple did that big update, before the pandemic I think, I kept trying to use the app, couldn’t get it to work, commented on the App in the App Store and he personally contacted me and we exchanged emails until he resolved the issues.
Not sure if there is an Android version.
Super easy App to use.