Sunday, April 11, 2021

sunday's questions to get to know you


one of my sketchbook collages

 
1. You have just been hired to clean your own home, what is your first complaint?
A) have these people EVER cleaned??? this house is big, this is gonna take a while...

2. Are you able to ignore a ringing telephone? 
A) most definitely. Better now that there is voice mail.

3. How often do you allow a ringing phone to go to voice mail?
A) any time it's an unknown number... scams seldom leave a message. 

4. Do you answer your cell phone, out in public, every time it rings? Or do you silence it and get back to it when you’re in a more private area? 
A) silence it til private. It's so annoying to hear one side of a conversation, no? It's rude to answer a call when you're with someone in person in my opinion. Like they are not as important... pet peeve

5. How often would you say you’re on your home phone? Your cell phone? 
A) when we moved we gave up a land line. I'm not on the phone much now.

6. Do you like talking on the phone or do you view it as a necessary communication tool?
A) I love talking to a friend on the phone

7. When did you last go for a bike ride? 
A) my memory isn't that good!!!

8. Do you own a bike? A) no

9. Given the most popular New Year’s resolution of losing weight, would you consider putting bicycle riding as one of your exercise options? Why or why not?
A) no it would hurt my back injury, and while I have you, I hate bikers who race up from behind us when we're out walking even if they scare us with "ON YOUR LEFT" which no one does here anyway. No warning, no time to get out of the way, no mask wearing while panting grrrr

10. If you had to name a smell that always makes you nostalgic, what would it be? What sorts of memories does the smell evoke? 
A) coppertone suntan lotion... ahhhh good times spent at Clearwater beach in Florida
or
Nanette LaPore original scent... DH took me to Manhattan for my 50th birthday weekend, and in Macy's someone spritzed me and I fell in love. He bought me a set and we got subsequent sets until she stopped making it....sad.... but I have a bit left and everytime I use it I remember that lovely time in NYC and how special I felt

11. What did you do over the weekend? No detail is too small. This is your journal, so tell us about the mundane tasks in your life.
A) ahhh mundane... the definition of our lives at the moment.I made hot cross buns for the first time, not experienced in yeast baking. They were wonderful til we washed the dough mat and saw a cut in it so we threw them all away in case any fiberglass got in during kneading. I made another batch on Monday and we love them. We spent an hour cleaning the stand alone shower from hard water stains (we moved to Colorado and it's different here) and sat on the patio reading, we watched episodes of Queen's Gambit, we made dinners together, and changed the sheets. DH practiced guitar while I took drawing/painting lessons on video.

12. If it weren’t for my blog, I’d _________.
A) miss all the lovely people I've come to know since starting it. And forget the books I've read.

13. When was the last time you replied “because I said so”? Do you find yourself saying that a lot? Or do you prefer to tell people WHY you want them to do something for you.
A) I prefer not telling people what to do (I can almost feel dh's head shaking here) so I don't remember a time when I said that. Maybe to the poodle puppy when he threw a tantrum, biting the leash on a walk and tugging. I think I said, someone has to be the leader and it's us.

14. What is the worst gift you’ve ever received? 
A) MIL  actually wrapped a package of paper napkins at Christmas and since their rules of opening were to do it one at a time and pass it around, I opened it, looked at her blankly, said thank you and passed it to my left. It was kind of funny to see all the family just hand it left around the circle.

15.  Tell us the worst gift you’ve ever given. What was the reaction of the recipient?   
A)  as a little girl probably about age 8, I saw a bottle cutter on tv and the adults were having "so much fun" turning bottles into vases I thought my mom might like it! Advertising works. I asked for money, and a ride to the store, and bought one for her. I was so excited to watch her open it, she didn't get a lot of wrapped gifts since she was the one who usually bought them. She just said thanks, put it on the table and never touched it again. 
 
Same reaction from when I hand embroidered a set of kitchen towels ( I was maybe 9) for her, learning as I went, trying to make them pretty and she didn't like them. Once I found all the gifts I'd bought her as an adult in a drawer in her house unopened and unused. 
 
Normally I really try to think of what the person likes, but I'm bad at getting things in the mail. I buy things when I see them, store them for an occasion. I love getting gifts and appreciate all of them so that napkin incident, as you probably suspect, has a lot of feeling behind it. 
We no longer exchange gifts with them. 
 
This was a fun exercise til the last two questions... what a way to end this, speaking of worsts. 
What is the BEST gift I've ever given or received is my final additional question?
I think the year I gave my husband guitar lessons might be good... and went with him to choose a guitar. He has really enjoyed learning and playing, and he's always so hardworking that this was like sort of encouragement or permission to do something just for fun. 
I cherish all the gifts he's given me especially the tiny diamond band he got me for my engagement, which became my wedding ring.  He had just finished his masters and didn't have much money, and it's still so beautiful. He gives me the gift of saying I'm special each time we're on vacation and see something special I want but it's too expensive. He says I'm worth it, and I feel so loved.

linking to

10 comments:

Lori said...

I think the embroidered kitchen towels would have been a precious gift for me.
Have these people ever cleaned on #1 is me too. Loved your answers! Have a nice day.

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I really enjoyed reading the questions and your answers. Several of them I felt the same way. It's too bad your mother didn't appreciate your gifts. It sounds like you had a sad childhood. It also sounds like you and your husband were meant for each other.

Me, Myself, and I said...

I remember a scent like your Nanette Lapore...hubs bought me Jo Malone's Sea Salt after I commented how wonderful it smelled in one of those magazine card things. It really meant a lot to me.

CountryDew said...

Your mom sounds like mine. She never thought anything I did was right. Your husband sounds adorable.

Ann said...

Presents are hard and there are too many occasions for me. My mother used to purchase throughout the year and hand them out when needed. It was a good plan.

Patti said...

I always love you Sunday column and today was no different!!!

Harrison Rebbecca said...

Are you facing any kind of difficulty in life and want the help of a spell caster, are you facing divorce and want a reconciliation Dr.OKOLO is the right and genuine man for the job, he is really good at what he does because he also helped me to recover my husband after separation contact him on WhatsApp: +2347031895935 OR email drokolosolutioncenter@gmail.com I would advise you to contact DR OKOLO because he is the right man to help you get your problem solved.You can reach him for the following spell work: love spell,divorce spell,Forgiveness Spell Attractiveness Spell, marriage spell, death spell, lottery spell,herbal medicine for any kind of health problem

Anusha Todurkar said...

A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, he never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing him, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, he slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via Email droselumen@gmail. com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852. 

Taddeo Kate said...

I am giving this testimony cos l am happy 😁 I never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spiritual healer once. i have visiting different site in search of solution to my problems. i saw different testimony on different site about this particular healer Dr Effigylaye i was convinced for the first time in my life that there is a healer like this, so i choose to contact him for solutions to my problem, i did contacted him and indeed He is powerful he could help you cast a spells to restore back your happiness, he can do anything for you... Looking for some one to love you, bring back lost money and spell or spell for a good job. he is in for whatever you demand for regardless to what your problem are.
Contact him now on call on what'sapp +2348107586189 or Email: dr.effigylaye@gmail.com he's always available to help you out.

Isla Oscar said...

I want to thank this great Dr. Ogedegbe for bringing my husband back to me. I have seen many people who will help me get him back but nothing happened, Dr. Ogedegbe gave me a consultation and told me all the truth, and I trusted Dr. Ogedegbe and had him do the spells for me. It took awhile because it was very very messy between us. I had to wait for each spell to do its work. but once the last spell was finally working and the other spells had worked, that is when he called. We met. then it took many more meetings. but now we are back together and I can only thank Dr. Ogedegbe, he is the greatest, I will come to Dr. Ogedegbe for life. Dr Ogedegbe took care of me like a father. contact him if you need any help via email dr.ogedegbe6@gmail.com or whatsapp him via +2348109374702....