Saturday, July 27, 2019

using my scraps

In this month's color... pink!


This is the last Saturday for Pink at RSC.
I took on a new project, again from Stitchin' therapy. She calls it lattice and uses the sweetest watercolor floral effect in hers.

some quite old fabrics. I love the white with bright flowers one! That's all I had left too!

I decided to do the rainbow scrap challenge colors for mine but use florals when I had them in the scrap bins.
with a few more colors

You need a 5" square, and a 1-1/2" wide by 8" long strip, to make a block. Easy and addictive. Great way to use a lot of leftover strips and squares.
that tulip one was from my first Benartex challenge quilt that traveled for a year (1996?)

Now my blocks are too high contrast I think, but still they are using colors and adding up. I have about 90 made and you need 252 for a queen size. I plan to make them til I'm tired of it and quilt it in sections with basic machine quilting. I need a cute not too bright bed quilt for summer.
what a variety of prints! Blue with blue, yellow with yellow, pink with pink....
94 blocks done!
linking to
can I get a whoop whoop Fridays  
myquiltinfatuation Thursdays
Esther's blog Wednesdays 
Let's be social Wednesdays 
https://stitchallthethings.com/ to do Tuesday 
http://emsscrapbag.
design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays
oh Scrap Sundays
 scrap happy Saturdays


25 comments:

Debbie said...

So pretty! Love this mix of all the bright and light tones. It looks great:)

Michele McLaughlin said...

I love this! What a great way to use up scraps and the colors are yummy!

Julierose said...

this is just beautiful--funny I have a pix on my phone off the internet that I took of this very quilt pattern done in solids...
it is a versatile one...i think yours is coming along so well and will be gorgeous...great use for leftover charms...hugs, Julierose

Quiltdivajulie said...

This will be the BEST kind of summer bed quilt!

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Wow-that's a lot of blocks quickly! What a cute pattern. Love the way you mixed them. mary

Cathy said...

I LOVE those blocks! Your colors are perfect!! It’s a popular design right now (one of McCall’s quilt magazines had a quilt with this block design in it this month). It’s now on my list. Thanks, I think... xo

PaintedThread said...

It makes an interesting pattern. Very pretty colors.

Susie H said...

Very nice! I really like the way the lattice blocks lay out and all the colors play together nicely. Good job!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Those are great blocks - I love the pattern they create! You'll have lots of fun with the color placement, I bet!

Terri said...

Love this quilt. Great colors.
Hugs

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
What a great idea! This is going to turn out gorgeous!
hugs,
Joanne

Molly the Airedale said...

It's coming along beautifully! Love your fabric choices.

MissPat said...

You've been busy! I've started several projects from Debbie's watercolor designs. Now I just have to finish some of them. Heating up again here so it's too hot in my studio to sew.
Pat

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Love this! Such a good way to use up lots of itty bitty 5" squares!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

How lovely! And what a great way to use up those pesky scrapes that hog up space.

Jenny said...

Just beautiful. Many thanks for sharing how to make this block, such a great way to use up strings and squares.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

This is a great way to use up those scraps. The block sounds super easy to make. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Kaja said...

This is so pretty and I love the way your colours are working out, especially the addition of those florals, and there's not at all too much contrast for my taste.

Lynn said...

Looks like a great scrap buster, might have to give this squirrel a try.

Lynn said...

This is a great scrap buster, might have to give this squirrel a try

Roseanne said...

Hi LeeAnna! What a beauty and it sure didn't take you long to make those 90 squares. Before you know it you'll have enough for a queen sized quilt! And what a great use of scraps. ~smile~ Roseanne

Joyce said...

Perfect scrap quilt!

Marsha Cooper said...

I'm getting back to blogging my own domain now and trying to remember who I used to connect with!
Was the color pink with a blog that chooses a color each month to make with scraps? For the life of me, I can't remember what that blog was called.

Anne / Springleaf Studios said...

What a great block for using up scraps. I have lots of florals left even after my recent attempt to use them so maybe this is the block to use some more. I like how it transitions in colors. What size is the finished block after the strip is inserted?

Linda Swanekamp said...

Love, love, love it! Florals, scrappy and a cool design- what is not to love?