Tuesday, January 22, 2019

playing the sock game

Who, me???
Milo: whatcha doin' Mama? Playing with socks??? I LOVE playing with socks!

Mama: No darling, I'm sorting and folding the laundry from yesterday. I am folding the pairs of socks into little origami packages to put in the drawer... see?
Milo: Oh, I want a sock drawer! Me too! I want one of my own! I LOVE playing with socks.
Mama: um, keep out of that drawer Milo.
Milo: Okay, that's okay, there is a whole pile of them over here on Daddy's side, I'll just get some of those, no need to go to any trouble for me!


Mama: Oy vey.... Milo put that down! Right now! I'm almost done stuffing these into the drawer... some of them have poodle tooth sized holes in them... how do you think that happened??
Milo: I have NO idea! I can't even reach into that drawer... fuggettabout it! Lets go downstairs and see what we can play with!


Mama: sure, right after I put the sheets in the wash, and fold Daddy's basket...
Milo: I checked and some poodle has walked in My back yard! Looks cold, wonder if the front has snow too... I'll check while you're playing with socks Mama!
 Nope the front has snow too.
and that's just on the covered porch! LOTS of snow, and it's cold. Better put my boots on me Mama before we go for our second morning walk... wha?? You want to play in the sewing room? How boring!
well, then you better get me a sock drawer of my own to play in, if you're going to ignore me like that. Yesterday I barked to go out back, and before Mama could close the door, came back. Do you believe she shut the door in my face?! I went and peed on something and came back. No open door waiting for me! So I went and checked out the yard, came back, no open door! So's I went ahead and patrolled the yard again and came back. Can you believe it? I had to bark to get her to open the door... bark...bark....bark... blankety-blank BARK! Finally after many long hours she opened the door.
Mama: Milo! don't exaggerate it was only about 5 minutes and you had fun out there. It was sunny and 50 degrees!

 Milo: well, I don't unnerstan  human minutes but in poodle minutes it was forever!
Mama? please fetch me a pair of socks to chew...

Linking to
blue mondays
Thankful Thursdays pet parade
https://comedy-plus.wordless wednesday
create-with-joy pets
pet parade 
say Cheese!
pictoral Tuesday

18 comments:

Sandee said...

What a fun post. You crack me up Milo. You also remind us of our precious Little Bit. She was just like you.

Have a woof woof day. My best to your mom. ♥

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Oh Milo--you are such a silly guy but very much fun-and I see you don't like the cold either!!!!
Happy sock hunting--
luv, di

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Milo, you must be related to Elsa, the sock thief around our house. What IS it about socks that turns black poodles into little mischief makers?

Libby in TN said...

I once had a Siamese cat who could pull a sock out of a basket of clean laundry without disturbing anything else in the basket. Then she would chew the sock to clean her teeth after eating. And swallowed some of it, too ...

Heather Pregger said...

Poor Milo! Clearly he is deprived. Every poodle should have his/her own sock drawer!

Feline Opines, the World from a Feline Point of View said...

Milo,
We get paw prints around our yard too but it's mostly raccoon and deer. I don't think we have any poodles in our neighborhood.
Purrs & Head Bonks,
Oliver & The Tribe of Five

Jeanna said...

Ah, a sock dog are you, Milo? I bet you'd really enjoy a sock with a bone or treats in it. My guest cat used to put his paws inside the drawers through the handle opening and pull out anything he could get his claws into.
I love those little paw prints in the snow, soooo sweet.
Mommy keeps a very organized drawer.

Unknown said...

Love that Milo. Such a great sense of humor.

Cynthia

easyweimaraner said...

we want our own sock drawer too! and we love da pawprints in the snow, that has something special ...like being da furst dog on earth ;O)

Ann said...

Funny post, Milo and LeeAnn. I'm glad your dad likes holey socks.

Peabea Scribbles said...

Oh, I'm in love with Milo. Love the story. Our puppers always had a sock tied in the knot from the hubby's sock drawer for their own. :)

Su-sieee! Mac said...

hahahaha. I enjoy your stories of you and Milo.

Brian's Home Blog said...

Way to go Sock Monster Milo, they are sure fun things to hide away. Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

betty-NZ said...

A lovely dialogue that, I'm sure, it so right! Pets add so much to our lives.

M Dawson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
M Dawson said...

Thank you for joining the Pet Parade and Milo you did make us laugh.

Sock need a health warning!

Marjorie and the Dash Kitten Crew

M. K. Clinton said...

Socks are fun to play with and if you tie a knot in the middle of an old one, they make great pull toys.

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Milo in blue? Perfect!