Saturday, January 27, 2024

creativity part deux... stay at home round robin row one

for this week's stay at home round robin, we were challenged to interpret signature blocks. 
These were used in times gone by, for friends to sign their names for someone going away as a memory. 
they are squares with diagonal white strips. I chose to make mine resenble lattice in a garden.

a bonus post this week, because 4 challenges were just too much for me... I finished two others and posted  ( HERE, )  with one offering for the RSC green in January

This is my challenge # 4, SAHRR  I went ahead and thread basted the strips down, one shadow and one lattice but...
 I expect to rip that out and stitch them better in the quilting process at the end. I will thread paint them and texturize the appearance. But for now, they're stable for me to add more rows to my center. 

details of my two finishes for the week, in previous post:  https://lapaylor.blogspot.com/2024/01/creativity-round-up-three-challenges.html


linking to: 

https://www.piecefulthoughts.com/sahrr-border-1-2/


design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts

https://songbirddesigns.blog/monday-musings-6-26-23/ 

finished or not

https://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

 


9 comments:

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I love the way you have used shadow and lattice so your block looks 3D :)

JanineMarie said...

I love the 3D effect of your lattice. Looks like you got a lot of lovely art done this week.

piecefulwendy said...

Clever you! I love the idea of using the Signature Block to make a lattice border! Perfect!

Kathleen said...

That lattice border is divine! 4 challenges are a lot...I am planning on RSC and maybe table scraps....3 days to the month..there's a chance. I really like he shadow border, so interesting and so perfect for the gorgeous sunflower!

Melva said...

I love your creativity. <3 Thank you for sharing in this week's Sew & Tell.

Susie H said...

I love how you interpreted the signature blocks to make lattice for your sunflower garden! Your brain processing is amazing.

Kat Scribner said...

Love your lazy susan.

Jennifer Fulton Inquiring Quilter said...

Your interpretation of signature blocks for your quilt could not be any more perfect! Great job. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2024/01/31/wednesday-wait-loss-365

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Oh, this first SAHRR border is lovely, the perfect shape for a garden theme! I love your interpretation of this signature block!
Thank you for sharing this 4th challenge! Have fun ;)