Thursday, December 29, 2022

I LIke Thursday # 330 bye bye 2022! I want to learn.... well you'll see

 

Christmas vacation pizza mandala
 

Welcome to the last "I Like Thursday" of 2022.... I like Amy's Pizza on my Christmas dishes! I like to cut my share into thin strips and like turkey pepperoni on mine.

A couple likes for the end of the year....starting with the idea that we're able to start fresh each year.

 great movie 

Watch Glass Onion: A Knives Out Mystery | Netflix Official Site

"the glass onion" a knives out mystery

I loved the knives out first movie, funny,  clever mystery plot who's ending surprised me! Same with The Glass Onion movie, (Netflix) 

other than streaming, tv is awful right now. I have new Midsomer murders lined up to watch, new Virgin River's to watch, and a holiday Agatha Raisin to see

Watching on youtube:

new year's day dinner party

Fine Dining

recipe: https://www.tastesoflizzyt.com/amish-chocolate-covered-cherries/

We mostly try sweets recipes by making half recipes which I did with all these. I tried making chocolate covered cherries, buckeyes (peanut butter cups ) amaretti cookies:

 

recipe: https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/amaretti-cookie-11933611
which are chewy on the inside like macarons with none of the fuss, the amaretti cookies are so good we decided we must make them all year,

 and candy cane cookies (from last year's recipe)

  the cherries take a week of counter sitting before they are ready to eat, the peanut (in our case sunflower butter)butter candies are excellent, the candy cane cookies are my very favorite. And cute.

recipe: https://homespunseasonalliving.com/chocolate-cheesecake-cookies/

tried a new to me recipe for chocolate cheesecake cookies. Lots of good ingredients like stick of butter, full fat cream cheese, brown sugar, ghridelli cocoa but they are dry and almost tasteless. I learned to make chocolate buttercream icing and frosted them, saving the flavor.

the good news and the bad news.... they don't taste like much but we have a lot of them

 

Our Prompt this week is: 

I sent out this prompt: facing a turning of the calendar page, and a new year stretching out in front of us, is there anything you'd like to try or learn this coming year? 

some new art technique for instance, a new hobby to try? a place to visit? a an art challenge to do? 

Think of something you'd be excited about.... what would you love to do or try even if it's not really possible? They say, reach for the stars right?  

1.I'd love to finally learn how to use Goodreads for keeping a log of books read, series I liked, authors I enjoy, and review the books. I'd like to have a place where I can keep track of books I want to read

2. Ravelry... it's too hard for me to figure out but I want to

3. Keep a running list of quilts finished with size, date, why made, etc because every time I set this up, I lose the list, or forget to log it in, or or or

4. learn to use gouache watercolor paint, as I got some for Christmas

5. learn to weave beads on a loom

6. use my hand dyed/painted fabrics to do free form organic embroidery without self sensorship which kept me from doing it this year. Use hand painted silks in this, and specialty lumpy yarns/threads

7. Is this the year to return to playing piano? It's been a long time

Milo's Moment

Finally! My turn! Lookie at some of my presents.... the chicken has a lot of parts that need removal with strong poodle teeth, the monkey has arms and legs you pull back and forth, the purple thing holds treats I can use my big poodle brain to figure how to get out, and treats!
 I guess I like my new baby bear pjs from our papa bear, mama bear set from Christmas. 

 They fit well, are stretchy, not very warm but they are cut well away from my privates and velcro closed instead of Mama sliding them over my head touching my delicate ears 

I tried to trick mama into giving me a candy cane cookie, they smelled so good, or at least tripping her so she dropped them

but she was too fast. Don't worry, I got some pumpkin cookies just for me, some applesauce almond butter ones made with rice flour in my treat bone, and am pretty content! Although.... the peppermint candy cane cookies are still there Mama, you still have time to give me some!
candy canes make great hearts!

 Mama: sorry dude, made with wheat flour!

now sit! stay! visit these people to see what they are excited to try, or learn the new year! 








18 comments:

Helen said...

I love this list of things you want to learn or do this year. I've never used gouache. I'll look forward to seeing how that one goes! And getting back to piano... Why don't I just add that one to my list too? Maybe I will.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Well, all of those cookies are quite tempting. Making a half recipe is a great idea! Not a full commitment but enough to know if you like them or not. Milo looks quite fetching in his new jacket. I'm glad his delicate ears are disturbed when putting it on! Happy New Year to you. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Looks like you made lots of yummy holiday goodies! I've never figured out Goodreads for keeping track of books read or "want to reads" either, but that's a good idea. I do use it to look up books, though. Have fun with your list of things you want to try!

Sara said...

All of your holiday treats looked so yummy! While snowed in before Christmas, I baked cookies. Too many cookies! I had to hide them so we would still have treats when the family all comes here tomorrow.

I keep a spreadsheet for projects, and it's scary how many things I have "in progress". But I finished a lot of things this year too.

Happy New Year!!

piecefulwendy said...

You have some tasty cookies and treats, I see! I like your list of what you'd like to try in 2023, too! No post for me today, sorry. Hubs and I got walloped, much to our surprise, with Covid right before Christmas. We are finally coming out of the haze and will celebrate our Christmas this weekend, along with ringing in the new year. I have a website to share with you - will email it to you, so I can jabber about it a bit.

Sandee said...

I love all the food and helped myself to most of it. I did say some for others. After that I loved on Milo. He's most handsome.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches to handsome Milo. ♥

Cloudia said...

What a cornucopia of holiday joys! And then your sweet Milo topped them all! Wishing you all the best

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2022/12/common-and-enchanted.html?m=0

MissPat said...

One of my new things to try in 2023 is learning to do long arm quilting. A quilt shop near me rents time on a long arm machine. I was signed up for a class last June, but the shop owner had back surgery and couldn't teach for 8 weeks. I never called to reschedule. So when I get home from FL (yes, I'm going to be brave and make a solo trip to FL in Feb/March) I'm going to try again.
I'm not sure if I told you about a cooking website called Desserts for Two. She has a lot of small batch cookie recipes.
Happy New Year.
Pat

Brian's Home Blog said...

That was such a fun and yummy post, the food goodies all look wonderful, since I can no longer have anything dairy the pizza looked really yummy. Milo, I'm glad you had a nice Christmas pal. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Angie said...

LeeAnna - with our son home, we have been doing a lot of movie watching. I was surprised he would want to watch the latest Top Gun, but he did and I really enjoyed it. We went to the theater to see Avatar - totally immersed for over three hours. Such gorgeous cinematography!

I am so impressed with your list of "want to learns". You go, girl! Thank you so much for hosting I Like Thursday and letting me join in the fun!

PaintedThread said...

That pizza looks good! Glass Onion was a lot of fun. You have quite the list of things to accomplish in 2023! Milo - aren't you handsome in plaid!

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Cookies, droooool. I hope Netflix distributes the onion movie on disk. Next year, I want to venture out of town to the city, the mountains, the beach everywhere. I hope the viruses get under control enough that we can see friends and family. Creative wise, I want to weld metal stuff into something, sew clothing, and write memories. Happy New Year, LA!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAanna,
Knives out ! Watched them as well ! :) Great choice !
Might like to try the new 100 blocks 100 days by Gnome Angel and Karen of Just Get it Done Quilts. A rainbow of solids and black, white and grey for the blocks !
Your cookies look so good !
hugs, take care,
Joanne

Annie said...

Lots of fab new bakes and I love the goals for the next year.
Happy 2023 and hope all your dreams come true.
Hugs,
Annie x

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Great list of things to learn. I love Goodreads! It helps me most of the time keep track. Ravelry is neat. Your cookies look yummy and Milo got some awesome goodies for Christmas.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

All your cookies look so good! I use Goodreads all the time. I write a review for whatever I've read and love keeping track of the books I've read. I love your goals for 2023. Happy New Year!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your cookies all look good, even the chocolate cheesecake ones. Milo's gifts look like fun for him.

I want some real silk to dye, but at the cost of real silk, that is only a dream for me.

Have a genuinely happy, healthy, safe, and joyous New Year and 2023.

Kathleen said...

I get so hungry looking at all those delicious treats. I am adding the almond to my cookie list - I had one like that at my SILs - it was sooooo good. Love Milo's new jacket....does he? I am sure he was given plenty of goodies!