Thursday, March 25, 2021

I LIke Thursday # 237

before the most recent snow Wednesday!

 

I ordered these markers on a whim from amazon and really like them a lot! Not expensive either!


 We're trying to keep the counters cleaned off in the kitchen... I feel better seeing empty spaces

Our frozen food, was delivered frozen last weekend, what a nice change. 

 I finished my Project Quilting challenge last Saturday, the bunny family is sitting on the credenza, and I finished my Table Scraps challenge for the month, story and pics on Saturday.

Watching on TV

American Idol and The voice

we started the series Firefly Lane and it's good! Sarah Chalke and Katherine Heigle are in it. A quick story for you... we stayed in Beverly Hills once while dh was working. We shopped on Rodeo drive of course. While in one designer's store we saw  Heigle shopping for a dress for an award show. (she was being bossy and pushy but it was fun to see her and how petite she is, in person)

Watching on youtube

Shetchbook revival videos provided by Karen Abend's list of artists

reading

on audio, and there are 5 actors reading the book to me... fun! Slice of life in England at start of WW2 involving the local choir

on ebook, nightime reading

finished up a couple audio books, I listen faster than I can read!

Fine Dining

my Tuesday post gave recipes and links to Pear tart, and banana cake with chocolate icing. 

Milo's Moment

 

ring toy wants to play fetch....
I am tired of snow now. My ear hurts, the yard is a big bath tub, and walks are shorter. 

that water is deep y'all!
 What do I Like? 

well I like the banana cake mama made, 

 and I like patrolling the house to keep law and order! I watch out the top window for people coming up to the door. I bark to tell the pawrents. I like wearing my jimjams and sleeping on the big bed at night. I like playing "search!" where the pawrents hide a toy and I find it. 

here's to being able to play fetch soon!

 Please visit these fine folks to read their list of likes, and join us by writing your own list, I'll include your link if you tell me about it! Still having computer failure issues... sorry about lack of comments or visiting...I hope to have mine back soon

 
https://quiltschmilt.wordpress.com/blog-posts/     

Linking to


18 comments:

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your banana cake looks yummy. The book about the choir sounds good. Love your bunny fabric. Oh I hate it when you get places on your property where water just stands because there is so much. We get that too, especially at the bottom of the stairs outside.

Michele McLaughlin said...

Love your bunnies! Scout patrols like Milo :) They are fierce watchdogs--or so they think. :D Have a great day and fun with your new markers!

easyweimaraner said...

we like the banana cake too... and we hope your ear is much better soon ;O)

Sara said...

Poor Milo - an ear infection? He is ready for some LONG walks again. The bunny family really turned out cute. Yesterday I finally put out some spring and Easter decorations to brighten up our house a bit. And it's turning green since our rain on Tuesday, although we know that snow could come back at any time here in SD.

Shannon said...

I love new markers. I was just noticing the other day that my sharpies are getting old and I'm at the point where I need to sort through them and get rid of the ones that are dead so I can see whether I can justify buying new pens....

Sandra Walker said...

I can't eat bananas as they don't like me, but I love and can eat banana cake. Chocolate icing makes it look extra delicious. New pens are always a good thing! Milo, probably like Rufus, who is also black, probably enjoys the cool days of spring!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I was wondering about the Firefly Lane show - glad to hear you like it! I enjoyed The Chillbury Ladies Choir, too. Your banana cake sounds yummy - especially with chocolate frosting! Happy Thursday!

Brian's Home Blog said...

I agree, that banana cake sure looks yummy. Milo, I sure hope things improve for you super soon. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Scrapatches said...

The bunnies are sew cute! The cake and tart look delicious. Milo is as handsome as ever. Thanks for the show and book ideas. Thank you for hosting ... <3 Pat

piecefulwendy said...

You make the yummiest looking cakes! Hope your snow is leaving and the sun is shining! And I hope you enjoy the Jennifer Ryan book!

Meditations in Motion said...

We just finished watching Atypical on Netflix and are looking for something else to watch. Last night we tried one that I was not crazy about. Still looking. We will give Firefly Lane a try. Thanks for the recommendation!

Rebecca Jo said...

Are they thin tip markers - I love a new marker to try

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Aww Milo...you look so handsome!

Michelle said...

That banana cake does look good. I would be tired of the snow, too. I am off to look up those pens. As a teacher I have too many pens, but I love new ones! lol Thanks for linking up.

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Wow, it is amazing that most of the snow is melting. But, oh the water it leaves behind! I'm sorry that Milo can't romp around in the yard. Hang in there, both of you. Soon it will be blazing hot and dry. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

PaintedThread said...

The bunnies are cute! Yay for melting snow.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Love your recipes...last post; fruit is so versatile and delicious in desserts. And also your bunny family...very cute.
I too like to keep the kitchen counters clean and I wish I had the same feeling about the sewing room where I can feel overwhelmed so often. How wonderful to have a poodle guard dog!
Raining here today which will take the last of the snow and no snow in the long range forecast. Yah!

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

What a cute bunny! The banana cake looks really good. I always have too many leftover bananas... Such a good idea to keep the pup happy - hiding treats and toys. I'll be using that idea. Hope you get some spring weather soon. x K