Thursday, March 11, 2021

I like Thursday #235 ( I think)

Welcome to this week's list of likes... well I thought DH was able to fix my computer but no...now Dell wants us to ship it to them thinking it's a faulty memory.... since it's just a baby they should give me a new one but NOPE! So this is being done on the old old very tired computer... and must be abbreviated.

We are still trying new recipes, and old ones again... next time I hope to have the ability to use my own pics. 

Reading

currently listening to on audio

I like her books, this one about choices made and lived with.... on Nantucket, families, expectations, love found and lost. Enjoying it a lot.

Just finished one, lovely story of a woman who experiences loss, leaves her job to take over the family bookstore, and solves some ancestry mysteries. I really liked it

The Lost and Found Bookshop - Wiggs, Susan

Watching

on tv, New Amsterdam is back, bachelor almost done, finishing last episode of The Crown, Miss Scarlett and the duke on dvr, game show The Hustler where I try to figure out who is the person they are describing. TV is lacking at the moment but I still rely on it for diversion. 

I missed Oprah's interview but hope to see it on demand soon

on Tubi (roku) 

Best British Bakery... just finished season one, moving on to season 2... it's great!


 

On youtube 

elephants, nature cam with giraffe's, restoration of old homes, tours of abandoned old homes, stories of the British royals, lessons on journals, drawing, and painting, history of famous artists, music from around the world... the usual. Do you want to dance??? to one of my fave songs, SingSingSing

 

and this wonderful rendition by one of my fave singers
 do you wanna dance bette midler

Making

I finished some things last weekend and have been making large hexi kaleidoscope blocks this week, more on Saturday

 

 

 

Milo's Moments

Hi, I have been enjoying my birthday present, a new ring toy. I take it everywhere with me, like if I have to go out to pee, it comes too, if I go for a walk, it needs to go. I like playing with my yellow ball and the game is to catch it before it stops rolling! I've been noticing a squirrel in our yard eating the vegetables mama throws out under the bushes. I want to chase it but Mama says even squirrels deserve some peace... whatever that means!

These people have working computers and have their lists of likes... if I don't visit it's because of the computer issues... sad....

https://www.mmmquilts.com/



16 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

oooh belated happy barkday to you.... and we love that song... it's in our heads now for this day...

Michele McLaughlin said...

I hate computer problems :( I wouldn't want to send my computer back either. Best of luck with this! Milo--Happy Birthday dude! From your little sis Scout!!! Sending hugs!

Sara said...

Happy birthday Milo!! Computer issues really disrupt our lives don't they? Our old desktop is having issues lately so I've had to use my work laptop for blogging, etc more than usual. I'm needing to find something new to watch on TV too. I sure miss Survivor!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm so sorry you're having those computer issues still, and with a new computer no less. Frustrating when you just want to get on with the blog. I enjoyed both of those books - definitely favorite authors of mine, too. Loved seeing your crazy quilt woman and your round robin progress this last week!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

We all hate computer problems so much.
Enjoyed your list today...am I weird that I like those tours of abandoned houses (as long as they're not too creepy). Your creative spark has not dimmed which is wonderful.

Divers and Sundry said...

Computer problems can be such a pain. I don't understand why they seem to go wonky so often :( I hope yours is back in like-new condition soon.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I like that you can still do some happy sewing while in the midst of a computer crisis!!

Carol Andrews said...

That’s awful that you are having all these issues with your computer. Good thing you can still find happy things to keep you calm and creating. And Milo; you always have Milo to make you smile 😉

Sherrie said...

Hi Lee Anne,
Sure hope you get your computer up and running soon. It's a bummer when your computer is broke. I really like your picture of a creative quilter...so, so true. Haven't read your books, but I'll be checking them out. I like your lady quilt...so pretty. Have a great day!

MissPat said...

Sorry DH's fix didn't do the trick with the computer. Hang in there, this will get resolved. And just think, it give you more time to quilt or bake, or read. Hope the 2 feet of snow doesn't happen.
Pat

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Oh gosh, I loved the book 28 Summers. I cried at the end but a "good" cry, if you know what I mean. I'm sorry about the computer issues. Ugg. You'll have to try watching Tough As Nails (CBS), and Below Deck (Bravo) - we enjoy both of them. Best British Bakery sounds good! I'd skip Oprah's interview . . . but you might enjoy it. So glad Milo had a great birthday and is enjoying his new ring. ~smile~ Roseanne P.S. I want to come back to Thursday, please. Please oh please may I??!!

dq said...

I love your creative minds quote. It is actually how I feel as a teacher with all the juggling I do all day long.

PaintedThread said...

Bummer on the computer. Hope it works out soon. You've been keeping busy! I love the latest creative works.

Happy birthday Milo!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Computer issues are not fun at all but critter videos on Youtube are fun. Milo, I'm glad you're having a good time!!!

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Computer issues are so frustrating. Hope yours gets resolved quickly.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hope your computer issue will be solved. Frustrating for sure!