Thursday, March 18, 2021

I Like Thursday #236

 

It's Thursday, so here is our list of likes. We had many warm days then snowmegeddan hit. Milo is 25.5" tall at the shoulder and we had 27.5" of snow in 24 hours. I like snow but come on! 

I like that we got out and shoveled every few hours, til we realized the blowing wet deep snow filled in the path, not just snowed more. Filled it in so you couldn't tell we had shoveled. Then we just shoveled places for Milo to do business. 

I am using our old tired computer who is apparently in throes of demensia.... it is challenging 

Reading

just finished my ebook   Broken Bone China (2019)   and am now reading this one at bedtime

 Just finished    28 summers  on audio, so very good!!! and now am listening to
Death in the Stacks - McKinlay, Jenn

Fine dining

blueberry scone plus peanut butter for breakfast!
 we made some more molasses cookies, some cherry scones, and pumpkin banana muffins this week
Used this tutorial for blueberry scones https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWXskyMgnZU
Also made my recipe for a big pot of fresh minestrone, fajitas with planned-overs for lunch the next two days, and have been watching video lessons on hand held apple pies at home

watching on TV

We watched The Dig on Netflix.... a woman who lost her husband in WW1 asks an amateur archeologist to dig on her property, making big discovery. Very well done. We both liked it although being real life, it didn't end like a Hallmark movie. Otherwise we tried to watch the queens gambit but it was so sad, at the start, and weird with drugs and orphan homes, etc I turned it off. 

We moved to season two of Best British Bakery, just as good as season one, there are lots of episodes but only two series

I finally watched the Harry and Meghan interview... glad I'm not a royal since I went on to watch a lot of documentaries on the other royals. The bachelor is over.... poor guy.... why don't they ask real questions of each other on that show?  what kind of things do you hit "like" on?  What do you think about people who have different color skin than you? Do you leave the toilet seat up? Squeeze the toothpaste in the middle? hog the blankies? Watch shows like the bachelor??

On youtube

I watched how all the varieties of would be homo sapiens developed and interbred to make less of a direct path to current humans, than a circular connected developmental path. Very interesting that different species could not only get along, but marry and humans now seem resistant to even reach out to others in our species. 

I also watched a foal being born, on a live cam, (LINK) and what a pleasure it is to see new birth! I toured abandoned houses with one guy, watched some baby elephants bumping their human helpers, watched some loving cats with their kids... 

Making

Bunnies... from Shabbyart free tutorials for newsletter subscribers.... more on Saturday's Sewing

good thing I kept that bunny pin right?

Milo's Moments

I am now 4. I decided to now be head poodle around here!!! 

Mama: um, since you're the only poodle around here honey, and we love you, you're always the head poodle!!!

Milo: well, now it's official! And finally I can get my whimzees when I want them each night!

Mama: well the time changed and it feels like you're getting them earlier but... 

Milo (paws over his ears) Mama! shhhhh! the head poodle just wants to rule!

It's a new ring toy!!! yea!!!

did you know ring toys like the snow? I am taking mine everywhere to introduce him to our family!

now sit! Stay! visit these people to read their lists too!

https://www.homesewnbyus.com/ 

Linking to








27 comments:

easyweimaraner said...

wow bigger than milo? while reading I noticed two things... I forgot my cake in the oven while drooling for your scones... but rescued it ...pheew! and easter is near too... oh my? what happened with the time LOL

Michele McLaughlin said...

That is just too much snow! Happy Birthday Milo! We've been celebrating Scout's birthday all month! Hope you have a great and safe week!

Joanne said...

Hi LeeAnna,
That's a lot of snow !
Planned overs ! Very creative and a great wasy to cook :)
hugs,
Joanne

Rebecca Jo said...

I couldnt even deal with the Bachelor the last part of the year. I think I'm done with it in general.
YOU GOT SNOW???? Lord help me if we got snow again. I need spring to STICK

Molly the Airedale said...

You sure did get hammered with snow, Milo! Be careful you don't lose your ring in it. The bunnies are so cute and we love that carrot dress!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Happy Birthday Milo!!! Dang, that's way to much snow though, we'd be closed forever if that was here. Thanks for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Holey moley, it was a lot of snow! When we finally were able to get out yesterday morning, I couldn't believe the tall piles everywhere. We liked "The Dig," too. Also watched "The Queen's Gambit." It was hard at the beginning, but gets better and ends in a good way. Your bunnies are adorable!

grammajudyb said...

Oh your bunny girls are so darn cute! Hope you are digging out...5 hours north of you, we got nada!

Sara said...

Happy birthday Milo! Our daughter's golden retriever had his 5th birthday over the weekend, and they teased Sophia that they were bring the dog to the pool party to swim with the kids and share Sophia's birthday cake. My son-in-law's sister and family moved to Aurora CO this fall, so I saw some snowmageddan photos they shared. Wow!! I love that Jenn McKinlay series you are reading.

Meditations in Motion said...

Oh no! So sorry about snowmageddon. By this time of year, I am so over winter. I am ready fro spring weather. I asked my son in Steamboat if they got snow last weekend and he said it snowed for only about 5 minutes.

I had the same experience with The Queen's Gambit.

Timmy Tomcat said...

Congrats and Happy Birthday Milo. Sounds like a full, fun week. Except for the snow that is

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Wow, that's a lot of snow. We have not had any for awhile; however still cold temps off and on. Yes to blueberry scones though have not had them with pb only butter butter. Perhaps you could stay with Queens Gambit, it gets less weird and more positive as it moves along to a wonderful culmination. Those bunnies are so adorable and belated happy birthday to the head poodle...every home should have such!

Sandee said...

That's a lot of snow. That's a lot of work shoveling snow.

Milo is so handsome.

I want that scone. Yummy.

Have a fabulous Thankful Thursday. Scritches to Milo. ♥

piecefulwendy said...

I think we all want scones now, and minestrone. I've never watched The Bachelor, but we just finished watching the first season of Zoe's Extraordinary Playlist for the second time and will soon watch the second season. If you like music, you will enjoy the show, but it is a tearjerker (her dad has a terminal illness).

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Those scones look sooo delish. Happy Barkday, sweet Milo. Looks like you and Ms. Elsa enjoy the snow but I think you'd have more fun with Norman since he's the nice dog. :)
Enjoy the melting-Saturday should be 60F!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Wow that is a lot of snow. Good idea to push snow every few hours even with the blowing. I am going to assume Milo was not amused? Happy Birthday Milo! Your scones look yummy.

Carol Andrews said...

That’s snow like we used to get up north! Oh those bunnies 💕. Do you know when you share your conversations with Milo I “hear” your voices in my head and I often have a wee giggle out loud! Thank you for the post today in spite of computer issues. 😉 Carol

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi LeeAnna! Holy crap on a cracker. 27.5" of snow in 24 hours. Good grief. That is a LOT of snow. I sure hope you get a nice slow melt so there's no flooding. Oh, that poor old computer - dementia is not fun for you or it. {{Hugs}} MILO!! How can you be FOUR already, Mr. Head Poodle?!! You look quite dashing with HB banner and with the snow stuck to your fur. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

MissPat said...

Happy Birthday, Milo. Did you ask for snow for your birthday? I've never made scones, but those look good. And now that the snowmen have gone back to bed, the bunnies have come out here, too. Hope the computer gets fixed real soon and doesn't get lost in the mail.
Pat

My name is Erika. said...

That is a crazy amount of snow. Especially this late in March. Milo looks like he enjoyed the snow, even if it did get matted in his fur. Hope it melts soon.

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

That's a lot of snow - whoa! Spring needs to hurry up and get there! Happy Birthday to Milo - he's so cute. The scones look yummy and all your cooking sounds good, too. Love your little bunnies. Good questions to ask on the bachelor! Hope your computer holds on. x K

dq said...

My snow photo is definitely less impressive than yours. Wow! You got dumped on!

Divers and Sundry said...

That's a lot of snow! The scones look delicious. We enjoyed The Dig but didn't watch the Harry/Meghan interview. Your bunnies are adorable. Happy Birthday to Milo!

PaintedThread said...

That's crazy snow! Milo looks happy enough. I can't believe he's 4 years old already. I remember when you brought him home!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday to Milo! He looks so sweet with snow all over him :) Thanks for linking up!

dq said...

Quite the snow you got there, and oh for the cute little house in the background. Snow is work no doubt!
Happy Birthday to MIlo.
Boy, you sure get through books so much faster than I do and I only do audio so I can multi-task.

Susie H said...

Well, I just went down the rabbit hole for the Library Book Murders. Looks like a good series and I'll be checking them out soon. Thanks for the tip. Love the bunnies again!