Thursday, October 26, 2017

I Like Thursday # 60

Welcome to another week of likes. It's a small list as it's been a very difficult week.

I Like the dolls I've made including this pair of fallen leaves girls!
Like my pin cushions, they give me a sculptural sense, and are a great place for beads and tiny extras.
I get to choose fabrics, play with scraps, sew, turn and stuff, needle sculpt, paint faces and bead!


They are sitting on the front porch amid real leaves, but they live on the banister above my antique sewing machine, amid flamingo lights.














Just look at their pretty faces! Acorn buttons ae perfect along with the sunflower button and dangling beadwork
Look at the fringe along their ankles... who doesn't love an ankle bracelet??
see the tree like fabrics?
so pretty. I tell you, each face is different. I don't know why, but the angle of a nose, the eyebrow, a quirk of a lip changes the entire expression. The best written tute on doll faces was on the florabunda pattern.

I like watercolor painting
My friend in PA at Pinkadot quilts is doing watercolor painting. I recently found my old painting supplies and paintings from my early life and remembered how much I love painting. So one Saturday morning I checked this video...

I was mesmerized by the additive colors, the process and the music. See if you don't enjoy watching paint dry too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bsv0rzU7Dc

I Like these Flannel Halloween pants I made and found, that had become too big but now fit again (wah!)
 They were too large, so I sewed pleats down the fronts of both legs, so they now have a cool texture!
And I put a ruffle on the bottom of them. Look at the skulls
I'm so glad I kept them! I mean you can't keep it all but I am finding treasures.


last but not least
I like Gold Bond foot cream and healing cream. I've tried so many on my poor dry feet that crack under the pressure of holding me up. This is really different. Doesn't smell, or feel greasy at all.
 Image result for gold bond foot cream
 Milo says he is into hunting at the moment.
He practices his stalking all week, even when meeting up with a friend. It scares the heck out of everyone. He goes still, stares, then bolts at them wagging his tail and as Diane in Texas puts it, wagging his teeth around. He plays and hops and by then just about every creature is scared of my puppy who's just got more pent-up energy than is healthy. He is also using this at squirrels who stand and mock him.

He has also learned about marking. He now pees about 4 times on each walk instead of once. Mostly aimed at his front legs.

He went to the sugarloaf Craft show with us for the first time this weekend and he was a pure angel! He met so many dogs and had such a good time with everyone and their baby. I forgot my camera, sorry, but he was a happy happy boy. The only mischief was he grabbed one wool hat on his way by a booth, and we grabbed it from him and put it back so quickly I don't think the artist noticed... sorry!
Image result for fair food
Milo here: " I loved that! I didn't know my people could move so fast! I also like fair food found by my own nose smushed into the ground. Whee! I don't know what it used to be, but I ate it and fast enough my peeps couldn't drag it outta my mouth! Hee hee!"

Please enjoy these fine people also doing I Like posts!!
New this week:       http://pugmomquilts.
1. http://whataboutrheema.blogspot.com/2017/10/i-like-thursday-2.html
2..http://homesewnbyus
3.http://littlepenguinquilts
4http://imworkingonaproject
5.http://3poodlesandanana
6.maryinpeoriahandmade.blogspot.com
7. craftscaviescontras
8.https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/

9.http://www.mmmquilts.com/
 

linking to some of these
http://asoutherndaydreamer
Thankful Thursdays pet parade
http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com
http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/
http://shabbyartboutique.com
willy nilly Friday (random images)
habbyartboutique fridays
pet parade Fridays    

design wall Mondays at smallquiltsanddollquilts
lovelaughquilt.mondays
Main Crush Monday
the mop link party mondays

http://www.sewcando.com/

27 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

I'm so impressed with your dolls! They are amazing! You are so clever and I also love your halloween pants! They look so comforable! Milo is getting to be such a big boy. I think he and Scout are both in that stage where they are feeling more confident! Have a wonderful day!

Julierose said...

I love your dolls--they are so expressive...even those little toesies lol I have never made dolls, but my Grand aunt used to make them...and her hubby stuffed them for her...you are so multi-talented...hugs, Julierose

Shannon said...

I love your dolls! All the details are spectacular! I think my favorite is the orange beaded fringe cuff- It makes me want to stitch beaded fringe cuffs on some of my leggings. I'd have to think if there's a way to do that that I could still get my foot through.... I'm sorry you've had such a rough week! I'll send you some strengthening thoughts!

PaintedThread said...

Love the dolls. You are so talented. Those pants are great!

Home Sewn By Us said...

Good Morning!
I'm sorry you had a difficult week, but you sure rallied with your likes. I always have to smile reading about Milo. I can just picture the whole stalking process with the pounce. Of course he gobbled up anything he found on the ground - that is, after all, his JOB! Gold Bond - isn't it the best!! My hands always crack so I use it each night as I go to sleep. ~smile~ Roseanne

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

I'm sorry to hear you had a bad week. Hopefully, this will be a better one. I love the Scout hunting story. Your dolls are just exquisite. Such color and detail! mary in Az

Sara said...

Your dolls are beautiful. I really love the fringe at the ankles. Milo must be healing up as he is getting more playful again.

quilter mom said...

WOW! I love your dolls!! They really show your art quilting talent. Sorry you are having a difficult week. Will be thinking of you.

Tamar SB said...

Those are so fun! Great pants!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Your dolls are so very creative and beautiful! You look like you had great fun making them. :) :) Your halloween pants are so fun and cute!! ENJOY!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

We share so many likes, LA. I too did watercolours and took several courses. I love it and wish I were better at it. I say this is the winter I'll get back to it. Loved the video. Meanwhile you are uncovering treasures every day.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your dolls are wonderful! That's something I haven't tried making. I had to laugh when I saw your like of the Gold Bond foot cream! We just bought some of that, too. Cracked heels are common around here, too. Milo is such a beautiful boy - I'm glad he is happy going places and meeting people!

Maria said...

You know I love those dolls. The Halloween pants ... oh my how cutsie ;)

Norma Schlager said...

I love your dolls!! You are so clever and creative.
For my dry feet in the winter, I smear them with Aquaphor and go to bed with old golf socks with the toes cut out. I can't stand to have my toes covered in bed. Anyway after a few nights of doing this, my feet are just fine.

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Your girls are so cute. Love the colorful outfits.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

OMG your dolls are fabulous....the flannel pants with the skull and crossbones are wonderful.

Ann said...

You are so talented; your dolls are a delight. They look like flower children so will fit in well in Denver. Haha.
I use Cerave on my feet and love it.

csuhpat1 said...

Very nice dolls.

claudia said...

Your dolls are fantastic! They have such great personality!
Ms Sadie is doing about the same thing as Milo...with the scaring the bejeebus out of everyone. I turn her loose on the property and it is pure hell to catch her again. She's a tease. Let's us get close and then, BOOM! She's off again, laughing all the way!
I really like the video you posted. I wish I could do stuff like that. I'm all thumbs when it comes to painting and drawing

Pamela said...

I love your dolls! Thanks so much for sharing them!

Snap said...

Your dolls are wonderful. Milo is so handsome. Your flannel Halloween pants look so comfortable. I love watercolor. Thanks for the link! Happy Friday!

Pinkadot Quilts said...

I am so glad you went back to painting! I am so enjoying it!

Kathy Pitts said...

Love the dolls, great job.

Sandra Walker said...

Your dolls are incredible LeeAnna! I took a course and made a doll similar to these who just needs her hair sewing on, and a couple of fine details...I really need to finish her, and this might spur me to put her on the Q1 FAL 2018 list! Sorry to hear the week was a tough one. I've written my like post, a day late.

Angie said...

Your dolls are exquisite from head to toe! I glimpsed the decorations around the faces, but didn't realize until the second picture that the left-hand doll had acorns. Such attention to detail. I am most impressed that you painted the faces ... Have a restful weekend.

Ida said...

Cute Dolls and Halloween pants.

Danice G said...

The dolls are adorable. The Halloween pants are awesome as well . Sending Happy Halloween wishes to you :)