Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Just another Saturday walk in Annapolis

 Yep, just another Saturday Christmas season walk in downtown Annapolis.
We wondered why parking was so scarce... but found a spot to put the car this time. We three got out and started to walk...
As we do, we stopped by the Historic Annapolis shop for dog stuff...
This towel says, "No more treats for me!" and Cole said, "don't even try it!" We looked out the window when we heard bagpipes...
And... Oh. My. WORD! Approx. 150 nearly naked people were running down main street. We went downstairs to get a closer look...
er, on second thought, maybe not this close... I got a few more pictures but those nuts were letting all the jingle bells hang out, and I didn't want to shock anyone here!!
It's enough to say, we had on jackets, Cole wore his "fur coat" and those runners had on speedos and bikinis. The above guys were among the more conservatively dressed. At 10 in the morning, it was an eye opener. We have lived in MD for over 20 years now, and never heard of this.

While we were gawping at the scantily dressed Cole took a moment to meet Lily... a sweet doggie who performs emotional support service. Oh she was nice, and Cole was invited to visit with her.
 He looks too excited here, but he was very calm and well behaved with her. I imagined her saying, "Cole, my dear, do you suppose you could back up just a wee bit? Thank you so very much"
We watched the people who had obviously enjoyed O'Brien's pub early in the day, spilling out onto main street and stopping traffic. Then we continued our walk, spying this dog lover's address. And the cat who calmly watched Cole saunter by, 
It was a momentous walk for us all. Cole was tired when we got home...
He laid down his head for a long Winter's nap, dreaming of Whimsies and walks and girly dogs named Lily.
He did make a complaint to management about his bed being too small. Management said, "turn around"
Oh never mind...






14 comments:

gayle said...

Well, Burlington, VT has a Naked Bike Ride every year, but I don't recall any of them dressing as Santa...
No wonder you had trouble finding a parking space.

Ann said...

I think that same group biked by me a few months ago. I am reminded of Truman Capote's comment when I am Curious, Yellow first came out. Something like, "I took all my clothes off at home and looked the the mirror for a few minutes. Decided it wasn't worth it." I quite agree.

Deb said...

I have to admit I have seen both naked runners and bike riders ver the years, nothing surprises me any longer. Perhaps the running Santa was the city's version of the polar club which I can say I took part in back in the 70's. Brrrrr!

Norma Schlager said...

Your blog always makes me smile and sometimes even chuckle, as did this one.
Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh! Teehee!

Joanne said...

That is certainly a day out with unexpected entertainment!

Maria said...

The Santa Run looked hilarious! Cole must've had a blast he looks so done!
Merry Christmas

The Adventures of the LLB Gang said...

Sounds like a fun (and exciting!) outing!!
LOL!
Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

Wow what a Christmas Eve outing!! Merry Christmas!!

Golden Woofs! SUGAR said...

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas. Golden Woofs

M. K. Clinton said...

I believe that I have heard of this Santa run before! Brrrr! Have a wonderful Christmas ♥

2browndawgs said...

Merry Christmas to you!

Nancy said...

Last summer for the Naked Bike Ride, we had 10,000 people run by in our neighborhood. No one knows the route until people arrive so neighborhoods do not get any warning of the snarl of traffic that is about to happen. I have to say some things are better off not being seen and clothes can be a very good thing.

Merry Christmas I love seeing Cole and your adventures.

View From My Pram said...

PepiSmartDog: Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!
Love the dog towel! Giggled at 150 naked Santas!! BOL!
Thank you for joining our Thankful Thursday Blog Hop and we hope you’ll keep posting with us through the new year. We always look forward to your posts! *waves paw* :=o)