Thursday, September 26, 2024

I Like Thursday #420 fall scents, berries, videos and a poodle

 

welcome to I Like Thursday today brought to you by analogous colors Blue, Yellow gold and green

on with the show....

Watching on video:

 When dogs and cats work together

https://youtube.com/shorts/2lid78z0yM8?si=5S0ObUHg-WH5c8gI

I LOVED every part of this outfit, plus the music!

https://youtube.com/shorts/MfDs5Slx9ag?si=49c2mxO6MfJnzBkR

I had to listen twice it was so beautiful.... 

https://youtube.com/shorts/bQs-PcRxevU?si=LITlv92drX7hkGfY  

The prompts are back, this week it's: 

what is your favorite fall scent?  would you rather have a pumpkin spice drink or apple cider?
  

I always like walking into a store and smelling the cinnamon pinecones this time of year. I love pine and think of Lake Placid days when I smell it. Funny enough, colorado has pine trees but no scent

Apple cider tastes clean and simple to me, don't like pumpkin spice drinks at all. I like the most, apple cider donuts along the road in apple stands in the North east this time of year. I've tried to reduce cider to make my own but they never taste of cider.

What about you?

OMGOSH

this week dh calls me over to the slider to see a hawk in our back yard. We do find bits of half eaten critters in our yard now and then, now I know we have large birds of prey (this one was large in person) creating our own nature show.

growing things


I love the bright orange berries on bushes in the fall. I like this composition with fence and berries

it was covered in them two days ago but birds... 
I like aspen trees, but why is this tree frowning? lol

I also liked the fall display of whatever these are called, the sharp tall ones turn orange/gold/brown/and pink this time of year.

TV
I love that dancing with the stars is back, survivor, golden bachelorette who is 61  with 15 suitors who are also of age, and every one of them charming. New shows of merit to me, "High Potential" where a woman with a high IQ helps solve mysteries while being a single mother.
 Also  "Brilliant Minds" where a man with a neurological condition is a doctor who diagnoses difficult cases. It's touching, and encouraging, and well done.... two thumbs up for me, missing the good doctor and new amsterdam. On PBS "Moonflower Murders" combining a love of books, with mysticism and a mystery. 
Fine Dining 
I tried a new to me recipe for candied beets. beets being good for you plus I love them. They don't photo well though they tasted extremely good. 
recipe: https://www.wenthere8this.com/candied-beets/

ART

I am now doing two overlapping free workshops in art... and it's a lot to keep up with. I'll share all the photos eventually, mostly on my creativity post Saturdays but here is a taste:



Milo's Moment

Hiya hoomans


Mama:  On our morning walk this week, I was reminded of the old phrase, "if you aren't the lead dog, the view never changes"   
Moooooom  come on!!! There's a smell up here I can't miss!
there are worse things than looking at my tail!

Mama was watching the talky-talk (The Voice competition) this week and said, 
"I didn't know Snoop-dog was so sensitive! ) 
I said, mentally you know, that all dogs are sensitive mama!
 


please visit these folks to see what they liked this week. 

9 comments:

Helen said...

I love seeing aspen trees in fall... although I've only seen them in pictures, never in real life.
I'm working on the same striped-hair girl painting. I just couldn't do it on the black first though.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love the Flower Duet from the opera Lakmé too -- so exquisitely beautiful!

easyweimaraner said...

we love the berries... this colors are so unique...

Brian's Home Blog said...

Very pretty photos. Hey, I like apple cider too but I haven't had any in a long while. Hey Milo, you're always the lead pup! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Lots of hints of fall where you live! If you could go up into the mountains, and go down a hiking trail, there you'd find that good pine scent. We're liking the High Potential show, too!

Duke said...

I love apple cider and I also love beets and that recipe sound great to me!

Cloudia said...

You live in a beautiful place with kind people. Milo you are a lucky dog! Aloha Milo you are a lucky dog! Aloha friends

Sara said...

Cinnamon!! What's not to like about cinnamon? I don't like flavored drinks, like coffee with pumpkin spice or anything else. But I do love apple cider. I love the deeper color blue in the sky that we see late in the fall, and the dried corn stalks in contrast. Survivor has been good so far. And DWTS too. I watched the premier of Matlock (with Kathy Bates) and loved it.

MissPat said...

I like apple cider and mulled cider in winter, but cider was $6.00 a gallon last year, so I didn't buy any. Haven't priced it this year. While I like pumpkin pie and pumpkin bread, I'm not a fan of pumpkin flavored everything else. Gave up cable, don't watch TV anymore.
Pat