Thursday, October 3, 2024

I Like Thursday # 421 flowers, fruit, corn mazes, drawings

 

it's Thursday! Must be time for the list of likes this week. Actually I lost track of the days and almost forgot to write, so this may be short! 

I like Fresh fruits and vegetables. The majority of our meals are vegetables actually. I am so excited to have fresh pears and peaches ( which turned out to be sour) and if the weather ever cools off, I'll bake those bananas into a confection. 

the weather, 90's on Monday, 70;s on Tuesday, 90's on Wednesday, 70's on Thursday... psychotic right? I miss the way temps would cool off when Sept hit. 

(we're acknowledging the poor East Coasters who got hit in that hurricane, many losing their lives and homes. Sad... I dealt with so many hurricanes in my life)

I cleared off the dining  table this week, and put on the fall tablecloth. I love it. I also changed the kitchen towels to halloween ones that are so cute! 

Leaf Peeping
I liked the color showing up this week, Bold dark red, and white puff's

A bit of art

I have been doing two workshops, one is now over and one is in full swing. Last week I said the thumbnail photo I shared would be on Saturday's post but I didn't do a Sat post. Here she is 


There is a new offering this month called Ink-Tober where you are encouraged to draw every day. In honor of that I'll share one of my drawings from Sketchbook Revival. ( still going, free, best thing!)

I was amazed as I never thought I could draw this. All pencil, no paint which surprised DH when he saw it he thought I painted it.  I think I like drawing very much with each skill I learn. I like a soft lead. 

I want to make this pecan bark, when it cools off enough to run the oven
Listening 
to "rising appalachia" sisters who harmonize so well, 'resilience'




 prompt this week

do you like a cornfield maze, tell us about a time you did one and where it was

to be honest I don't think I've been in a corn maze. I don't think I'd enjoy it either. We used to go to Stowe VT every Fall and walk the long path up the mountain. On a beautiful clearing, near a river, we'd see remnants of a corn maze, near cows munching on green grass, and it was charming.

Milo's moment

somebody should fetch that ball

I can't believe I'm saying this, but....(poodle whispers) I NEED A BATH

I can't even stand my own smell and I itch, but Mama and Daddy had back pains this weekend so guess who got forgotten

Mama: Milo! you are never forgotten, but we can't do the work right now... we'll do it in a couple days

Milo: do what? did you hear me whispering even with your old human ears? 

Mama: Oh we are aware of the need for a bath, believe me

Milo: Mama! you're so funny, come here and let me hug you!

 

visit these folks to read their lists of likes

https://imworkingonaproject.blogspot.com/

 http://3poodlesandanana.blogspot.com/

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/

 

 

   LINKING WITH:

                                       https://brianshomeblog.com/ 

http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/   

No comments: