Saturday, September 21, 2024

creativity this week: painting and feathered stars in lime green

 

Little by little a bird builds her nest, and little by little I regain some strength. 

For sewing this week I made the 9th feathered star, this time in my neutral... lime green. The color of the month for the next four months at RSC is not color actually, so I chose my own for the rest of this year. 

turns out I don't have a lot of scraps in lime but look at some I used...


I love that bit of words , the daisies, a Christmas angel, spirals, and that bit of repeated lime has sparkles on it in glitter!

I pulled 3 others from the 9 completed blocks just to start thinking about how to set them
just sewn one to the other makes that cutie pattern where they come together
the pattern source
I pulled sequins and beads to add to the orange embroidered flower... let the fun begin
Look at this video by Sarah Humphreys on many ways to add sparkle to a quilt/ or embroidery


I have been watching some lessons from Tam La Porte's online free workshop... and painted three really fun pieces. I only got one pic, I'll show the rest in weeks to come, but even DH liked them! 

and the close up
there are sometimes a small part of a painting I like best. This time it was the blend of colors on the body. Wouldn't it be fun to see something like this in your own yard? 




1 comment:

Duke said...

Your sewing projects are always so creative and pretty and I love your butterfly too!