Thursday, May 30, 2024

I Like Thursday # 404 Summer, sauces and white pants

 

welcome to this week's list of likes... starting with hand dyed cotton socks from ArtFabrik  

Mine are quite old and still useable... it's still birthday month, and my friend sonja in Hawaii sent me a package that included this hand painted/made/sewn card plus some of her hand dyed fabric bits, two cool coasters, and


the best scented soap ever! I love this soap, she sent it another time and I used it up!

 Likes this week... 

I store them in clean jam jars
 > I made my own ketchup, my own BBQ sauce, and Chocolate syrup from recipes found online... DH said they are better than store bought and no chemicals!! I added a bit of arrowroot to thicken it a little, Now to eat up that chocolate sauce... 

> I like pistachio ice cream and vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce! 

> We started watching a Hallmark movies and mysteries show called garage sale mysteries... we both like it now that we watched several of them over the long weekend

> We both like the series Brokenwood, Murdoch Mysteries, Midsomer, we are working our way through Call the Midwife, sadly some shows ended this week but Big Brother starts in July. 

>I like the folding table we got at the home improvement store, to help me sort my supplies to put away. I had a tall table, but it's used for Milo now...

My back is not well, and I'm in treatment but my nerves are pinched terribly... so a tall table is a God-send. I still can't do much but painted this week: more on the creativity post Saturday but here is a close up...

I like that DH asked if it was a self portrait... I sure hope this is how he sees me... I do have green eyes tho lol

> I like the books I'm reading on audio:


and on Ebook, by the talented Rhys Bowen... next in the Molly Murphy series

 

> my new hobby is peeping at our resident mama... now that her eggs have turned into wee birdies!

I watch her trying to not get pushed out of her little home by the growing chicks... I was looking down and thought, she's gotten kind of fat, and dark... but it was about 3 babies wiggling around under her. They make a lot of noise, and I don't see her leaving them so how is she feeding the babies? 

She looks me right in the eye when I look down at her from Milo's window. I imagine she's saying

" I'm tired of these kids! I need a chick sitter, would that poodle do it? Surely he can chase off squirrels and cats and hawks! 

Mommy, his bark is worse than his bite! 


 

our prompt this week is Memorial day is the opening of pools, summer and wearing white pants

do you look forward to wearing white pants? Do you own any? Shorts capris, dress pants or jeans?  Did you ever have a favorite pair for instance?

hip hugger cut offs with frayed cuffs? 

White pants, Inspirational humor, Rockin

I like white pants, and have several capri's in cream or white. One is gauzy and artsy. I love a tight pair of white jeans in summer, with a cute top. LOVE white shorts with a long top. ALL color tops go with white. I also love a white sandal, or did before foot issues took precedence. 

Elastic pants | Hey girl ryan gosling ...

As a fresh young thing, I wore hip huggers, with halter tops, sandals, all summer. Except during those monthlies. 

a list of good white jeans: https://awellstyledlife.com/the-best-white-jeans-for-women-over-50/

Milo's Moments

Milo: Hiya! it's been hot but I'm coping, don't worry. Mostly I get active at night. Since Mama has been leaving the house to go to the human vets, I am back staying in my crate when alone. I LOVE my crate and now that it's back I go in a lot on my own. 

I don't wear white pants, BTW. bwaaaa hahaha imagine me in pants! They wouldn't be white long

In case you want to paint me Mama, my eyes are golden brown, heh heh 

Daddy has been sneaky this week when he chases me to get my shark toy. He changes directions so I have to flip around and go the "wrong way" (He could get his own shark toy) but I like to see him happy and keep him exercised. 

now visit mama's friends to see what they like this week.

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/


 
taking a break:
 
   LINKING WITH 

https://brianshomeblog.com/ 

http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/   

http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com

https://llbinourbackyard.blogspot.com/

               friday smiles





17 comments:

Duke said...

Love the tie-dyed socks and the Garage Sale Mysteries. I wish they would make more of them and Call the Midwife is one of my favorite shows! No white pants here. No place to wear them and they would never stay clean!

sonja said...

glad the tiare, tahitian gardenia bush, gives blossoms almost everyday when the rain and drizzle is the weather pattern. she also likes coffee grinds for compost.

i have 2 pairs of white denim "almost" jeans and 2 denim, one so faded other darker. they are decades old and i only wear them to shop and appointments.
i am grateful they still fit and have some stretchy left!!

your painting of beautiful lady is wonderful.
some say every drawing is somewhat of a self portrait, nest ce pas? i rainbow painted a pair of soft white socks to wear to a friends wedding, in their yard, to wear with my purple clogs form Oofos cause it was a drizzly day!

Tigger's Mum said...

SO much to comment on - I never wear socks unless temps drop below freezing - and then only wool socks (THICK wool socks). The portrait (whoever it is of) is lovely, delicate. Chicks - well we are crumbling under an onslaught of fledged starling chicks. Hundreds of them. Even the woodpecker has started timing his visits to the birdfeeders to avoid the noisy crowd. Milo - good of you to keep Daddy fit and entertained. Tell you Mummy that we hope all those visits to the hooman vet start to produce the required results.

Edith said...

You might like the book Death Comes to Marlow by Robert Thorogood. The author is the producer of Death in Paradise on Britbox. We stayed in Marlow on a trip so I picked it up. Hopefully there will be more since it’s part of the Marlow Mystery Club. I have the first still to read. I like to switch between Acorn and Britbox.

Susie H said...

I like white jeans & shorts but sadly can't find any that fit me like I like. I prefer straight leg & boot cut jeans and definitely prefer low-rise at the waist since I'm very long-waisted. Where can I find Garage Sale Mysteries? I think Mom would love to watch those -- probably again. Sorry to hear you're still having comfort troubles. Hope today brings a bit of relief.

Sara said...

Oh yes - I've always loved white pants, capris, shorts. I have a nice pair of white jeans to wear those few occasions I get dressed up anymore. I have a white golf skirt I wear fairly often, even when not on the golf course.

I read those same authors and book series. Always enjoyable. I'm sad that Survivor, Amazing Race, Young Sheldon - all done for the season or forever. I got tired of Big Brother a few seasons ago, but it's good to see some shows are beginning their new seasons in June.

I'm hoping your treatments are going to help. Patience is the key I'm sure.

Joanne said...

My son has started making his own BBQ sauce and I've been trying to get him/thinking we should try our hand at making our own ketchup too. Only problem with me making it is that I don't eat ketchup so tasting it at the end would have to fall to someone else. But I agree that the homemade stuff tastes so much better! Sounds like you got lots of great birthday goodies; that homemade card is lovely.

grammajudyb said...

Such fun goodies in your post, except the hurt back part! 🤗. Thanks for the link to best white jeans over 50.! I need to go look up homemade chocolate sauce.! Sounds scrumptious! Oh Milo! You and Mr Busy would never wear white pants! lol!

Cloudia said...

I like both ends of the Milo! Very fun post today. Thank you aloha!

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2024/05/a-little-bragging.html?m=0

Angela said...

Those tie dye socks are so fun!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

You've got the perfect view into the nest there! It will be fun to watch those babies grow up and fly off. Your Milo stories are always fun, especially when told from his point of view. You and Milo should write a book! Happy Thursday!

Brian's Home Blog said...

Those really are cool socks! The chocolate sauce sure sounds good. I hope your back pain lets up soon, I know how awful that can be. Milo, get that shark! Thanks for joining Angel Brian's Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I always have a smile on my face by the time I finish reading Milo's bit. Both Petey and Ned like their cages as well though neither are in them very much. My robin's eggs have hatched...I put a mirror up yesterday and took a quick peek. I'm sorry to hear of your continuing pain and so admire your will to keep cooking,creating,writing and hosting for us all too. xox

PaintedThread said...

Love those socks. I could only wear white or navy socks in grade school (dress code), so when I got to high school I bought all sorts of crazy colored socks. :-) Goodness - I hope your bird doesn't get rained out! Generally me and white do not get along. I am a dirt magnet.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

Your socks are so cool! So neat that you can look in on that mother bird. I'm sorry you're still not feeling well. I hope Milo takes good care of you!

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Sweet Milo, he's such a caring friend. I'm sure he gives you many smiles. Hope you're feeling better soon and thanks for the kind thoughts over at mine. Hugs Angela xxx

Tails Around the Ranch said...

Aww, sweet Milo. Yes, your eyes are gorgeously golden! Tell your Mama her tie-dye socks are fabulous! Did she dye them herself? I should try my hand at tie-dye. It's a look I love.