Thursday, May 23, 2024

I Like Thursday #403 morning routines, and recovery

 

welcome to this week's short list of likes...

(I'm in a lot of physical pain, very limited to activity,  back in treatment and like many things, it gets even worse before it improves. But here is my list for today

*I like that my dh will drive me to treatment, and that being retired, I am free to lie in bed and cry, or sit in my chair with the tv on and cry, not have to go to work. 

*I have been doing some more investigation into moving to France and looking at house after house. I am not sure how we can move as getting Milo there will be hard. Love this woman's calm videos on her life in France... such simple beauty and peace on her new porch

*I am enjoying The Danny Thomas show on "old tv" and love it. Even my husband is loving it when he walks by. 

*I like some hand sewing while sitting. 

this is a mug rug/coaster   would you like it? if so leave a comment telling me

*Reading and listening to audio books 

*We ran out of ketchup, so I tried making my own, and thankful for online recipes . Sadly the birthday cake is now gone...😞

 * current season of Bridgerton is on... SO fun and so beautifully filmed and acted


Our Prompt is Tell us about your morning routine

I am not sleeping well, but still wake around 7 ish. I lie there and try to go back to sleep to make up for the middle of the night waking when neighbor grown baby comes home in his muscle car, but usually can't sleep again. Now that I'm recovering from the extreme nose bleeds, I must do protective stuff to keep that at bay first thing. Then Coffee, check emails and link up, paint or draw a tiny thing while having a bite of breakfast. Dress in something comfy. 

Previous to this current affliction, I would write on the computer, paint, plan the day, then go for a walk with dh and Milo, fold dry laundry, put on another load of wash, prep veggies for meals. 

Now? I try to stay vertical.  

Milo's Moment

I love the new treats mama made me, 

Mama: I put beans, rice, carrots into small muffin cups, poured in some egg and baked them. Keep in a container to dole out each day.  I made banana almond butter cookies this time for his nightly treat too. 

Milo: I watch Mama during the day and if she goes upstairs to lie down, I go too and keep watch on her. It's not bad, I can sleep in the big bed stretched out as good as in my crate (which I love) or the blue chair... 

play ball !!!



 now please visit these people to see what they liked this week

https://canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com/  

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/


 
taking a break:
 
   LINKING WITH 

https://brianshomeblog.com/ 

http://itsasmalltownlife.blogspot.com/   

http://goodrandomfun.blogspot.com

https://llbinourbackyard.blogspot.com/

               friday smiles



17 comments:

Duke said...

I'm so sorry that you hurt so much. I hope it gets better for you. I agree with you about the internet being most helpful. I was hungry for BBQ chicken and found an easy recipe for BBQ sauce!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Do you speak French?

grammajudyb said...

Oh, I’m sorry you are in pain yet again! But glad you got the nosebleeds under control! Thanks for the reminder about Bridgerton. We like the first two seasons also. So glad you can make special treats for Milo. I know he love them. Your hexagon heart is the cutest!

Angela said...

Oh, I am so sorry you are feeling so poorly. It is fun to think about moving to France!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I'm sorry you've been having so much pain and health issues, and hope healing happens for you soon. Glad you have Milo to watch over you - and Drew, too! Homemade ketchup - I'm going to have to Google that!

Cloudia said...

I love my mornings despite some early anxiety, ending them up by 5:00 a.m.. . Stepping outside always seems to stabilize me and make me grateful for another day and I express that gratitude. Of course pixie is always near Aloha!

https://comfortspiral.blogspot.com/2024/05/majestic-tolerance-common-enchantments.html?m=0

Sara said...

I'm so sorry you're still in such pain. It certainly spoils your day and night.

My morning routine is normally to make my coffee and drink that while sitting at my computer reading blogs and checking email. Even though I'm mostly retired now I still seem to be up early. About 9 am I head downstairs to sew unless I have morning appointments or errands that need to happen.

Rosemary Dickinson said...

I forgot about the prompt this week. Most days I have coffee first and then figure out my day. I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. I hope it subsides soon. So glad you have your husband as well as Milo to help you. Please take care of yourself and rest!

Norma Schlager said...

Oh, LeeAnna, I haven’t checked in to your blog in a long time and am so sorry to hear that you are nearly bed bound. Moving to France, really?! Have you been there, do you speak French? I have a single friend who has traveled all over the world, alone. She always wanted to spend a month in Paris and she did last year. Rented a small apartment and lived like a Parisian. LOVED it!
Feel better!

Norma Schlager said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cityquilter grace said...

oh i am very sorry for your present challenges...i too have had an awful spring so far with no end yet in sight...so hard to be strong in difficult circumstances...have to work at daily gratitude sometimes for sure...

PaintedThread said...

Bridgerton is our guilty little pleasure. :-) Banana and almond butter sounds like a great combo.

I'm sorry you're in such pain. May you find some relief.

My GBGV Life said...

Sorry you are in so much pain, that is no fun and makes life so hard. Mom would never move to Europe again. It was an experience but she didn't like living there for the ten years. She took cats and dogs back and forth twice, it was not a problem at all. You just need the paperwork.

Annie said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your pain and really hope things improve for you really soon.
Sending you healing hugs,
Annie x

Karen @ Beatrice Euphemie said...

I am so sorry that you are struggling right now. I hope things improve quickly for you and you can get back to enjoying life once again. I'm sure Milo is a comfort to you during this difficult time. I love watching 'House Hunters International' on HGTV and dream of all the wonderful places to live. I think living in France would be on the top of the list! I hope your dream comes true. I haven't started watching 'Bridgerton', but everyone says it is great, so I think I need to tune in. Love your 'heart'. xx K

Lisca said...

I'm really sorry that you are in constant pain. I hope the treatment will improve it. Meanwhile distraction is good.
I have never seen Bridgerton, although it is available. Just never got round to watching it.
I love the patchwork heart coaster that you made. gorgeous!
Milo's story is always good. You really spoil that dog with these delicious muffins.
The France video is lovely, relaxing and soothing. A bit like Spain. Of course you can take Milo to France. You need a special dog passport. Your vet will be able to tell you. And instead of an hours-long transatlantic flight (not nice for Milo unless you sedate him), you could do the journey in short hops over the North pole and see something on the way too. (minneapolis-Iceland, Iceland-Amsterdam, Amsterdam-Paris or wherever you need to go).
Do you speak French? No? Start learning now. Duolingo is free and it will take your mind off things.
I expect your list of likes to be longer next week.
All the best!
Hugs,
Lisca

Kathleen said...

I am sorry for the pain, but glad you have the freedom to recover and take care during this time. Good thing Milo is there to keep an eye on you...lucky dog getting such good treats from his Mama!